Urch Forums

New thread for Issues to discuss points

vemvin

Hi Erin and fellow TMites!!!

It is my opinion that the issue topics are tougher nuts to crack, mainly because some of the topics are so dry that it is difficult to take a stance or come up with good points in support of your stance.

While it is true that reading essays posted by others can provide some input, it would be more beneficial to have points for each topic listed out. Erin can lock the topic once he thinks enough points have been covered. These can serve as quick guides to one who has trouble thinking of some points.

TMites can continue to send in their essays for others to critique. In this case, the focus can be on the organization and structure of the essay, and its logical soundness.

If all of you think it's a good idea, we'll come up with a thread for that too, and start contributing to it topic-wise.

Hope to hear from you all soon....

-vemvin :)

Sounds like a good idea, but I'd like to hear what others have to say. You can see that we have rather a lot of forums already, and I fear making things too complicated.

Perhaps we could post both essays and ideas in the same thread? Let me hear your opinions!! :)

Hi Erin

I am in favour of having seperate thread only to list out the main point regarding every issue topic. Some issue are real difficult to start with. It will really help us. Then one can flush out the things in detail. I have million votes for this great idea. For Ex issue topic #035......I just don't know how to start.

Thanks

Anuradha

Hi Enin and friends !!

Nice idea but dont think we shud waste time .......we shud jumpstart now itself to start the thread.......so please start with a issue topic and lets start it .........

Awaiting 2 hear frm ya........

Ketan

Originally posted by vemvin

Hi Erin and fellow TMites!!!

It is my opinion that the issue topics are tougher nuts to crack, mainly because some of the topics are so dry that it is difficult to take a stance or come up with good points in support of your stance.

While it is true that reading essays posted by others can provide some input, it would be more beneficial to have points for each topic listed out. Erin can lock the topic once he thinks enough points have been covered. These can serve as quick guides to one who has trouble thinking of some points.

TMites can continue to send in their essays for others to critique. In this case, the focus can be on the organization and structure of the essay, and its logical soundness.

If all of you think it's a good idea, we'll come up with a thread for that too, and start contributing to it topic-wise.

Hope to hear from you all soon....

-vemvin :)

• 1 month later...

I think I will keep things as they are for now. It's already difficult to manage the essays in the various essay sections, and adding a section to discuss the essay points will effectively double the essay management time, which in turn will take away the time I'm able to spend on other things.

So, I suggest two options--you can discuss ideas in the essay discussion section, or you can discuss them in an existing thread.