Urch Forums

790 GMAT. Just finished my GMAT. V51, M50. Yippee!!

Congratulations for such a great score..You are bound to get into top 5 schools..Best of luck for the good days ahead!!!!!!

Please help me as to how should I prepare for the verbal that the SC. I am really confused as to what books should I follow in this regard..Please Help me dude!!!!

Once again Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS GRT SUCCESS..

• 4 months later...

Congratulations !!! Thats an awesome score. [clap] :notworthy. You finished the exam 1 hour ahead. That shows your confidence and reading skills.

How did you manage to clear all the questions so soon ? Especially, for verbal where we need to read the entire stuff to make a decision. Any tips on CR, RC and SC for the readers of this forum ?

Good luck for apps !!!

• Like 1

Hello,

Congratulations for a fabulous score.

I have a question regarding the time you had at the end of each section. It is amazing that you got such a high score with so much time remaining. Since you must have answered each question correctly, each subsequent question would have been of increasing difficulty. In that case, you might have spent extra time on each question which means you might barely have had any time remaining at the end of each section. Please let us know if you faced any time problems. Also, let us know if you have any tips to manage time as questions get tougher.

Thanks,

NovaScott

• Like 1

Wow ... geat score!

i think u sudnt be losing ur sleep for that GPA of yours. Such a GMAT score can cover it very well. Also since you are out of studies for quite some time ( i guess u have around 10 years of work exp) , the adcom wont be putting that much of a stress on your grades, rather they would like to know more about the kind of things you did AFTER your education, the kind of work exp you have , and all that stuff. SO make sure that you stress more on these things in your applications than cribbing about your low GPA and spending a considerable amount of space in essays, trying to account for it.

So aim for the top!

Hi bpiebenga!

Congratulations on you magnificent GMAT score!

Please help me... I'm thinking whether I should enroll in a Kaplan GMAT review course, with 20 live lecture sessions or should I just stick to review books like Princeton, Official GMAT review, and Kaplan? I plan to take the test in October so I have roughly around 2.5 months to prepare. But I also have work so that leaves me with only around 4 hours of study time on weekdays.. thanks!!

• 3 months later...

Hey,

Great Score!!!

I am late I know, but its the first response after I saw ur score.

I plan to write my GMAT this december end. Can you please brief me on the strategies and materials. You seem to have worked hard, tips please!

Thanks!!!

You rock!!

How do I give reputation reactor? Can I give it as many times as I want? If so, I will give u thousands od reps to make u happy?

:D It is the thumbs-up/down button. But you cannot give reputation to the same post and not to the same person two times consecutively. (You'll have to give to some other users 4-5 perhaps and then you can give to me again) There is also some limit to the amount of reputation we can give within 24 hours. :D

• 8 months later...

hi,

This is really good score. I am new to this forum but I think this one gonna help lot. I have a problem with Data sufficiency(DS) and specifically in the number properties. Can you give me some advise and sources which might be helpfull ? Moreover, can you tell me which type of DS did you find in your real Gmat.

Frankly, I am totally stuck in this GMAT and sometimes I feel so frustrated that....:mad: Please, If you can help me then that will be great....

thanks,

Uhbhavsar

scoobinski,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I must say, I have always felt that the grading here in the States is significantly easier than that in New Zealand, and probably Australia too. In my undergrad degree typically only the top 5 - 10% of students got A's and professors really tried to maintain a bell curve of grade distribution. That does not seem to be the case here in the States, as a far higher percentage of people get A's. I've been in classes where 50% of the students get A's. That's fine, but it does devalue the grade slightly IMO. That said, I always felt a little strange bringing the subject up, as I thought it sounded like sour grapes on my part that I didn't get better scores, and that I was just looking for excuses.

But your mail confirms my suspicions. Thanks