Urch Forums

Has anyone applied to ECE?

dinga4ever

Hello,

I'm preparing to send applications to FPGEC and ECE. The ECE application website tells me to send photocopy of pharmacy degree that was issued upon graduation, in addition to official transcripts and proof of degree. My university provides English versions of transcripts and proof of degree but I'm wondering if I have to have an English translation version of the pharmacy degree?

Also does anybody applied after Apr this year and got accepted to sit Dec test? I'm wondering when I could take the test..

Hi Dinga4ever

I've just sent my application to ECE and NABP last week. I've sent a simple photocopy of my diploma and I have made it translated in English but I'm not sure it was obliged. Try to call them if you want to be sure they will answer all your questions (I know for sure because I call them several times!!!). You can also email them but it will take more time. And now I will wait to see what's coming next:hmm: !!!

Good luck.

Fafy

hi every body

when i required the application it was in apr 10 and i dicovered few days later about ECE

i did not apply yet coz my paper still incomplete

i send it back to Egypt

so any body till me what exactly should i do?

should i send 2 copies one for fpgee other for ECE?

please help me

good luck for all of us

Hi

sorry for you about what happened. I had the same problem because I discovered the change in the procedure by chance on a forum.

You need to send two copies of your transcripts and proof of degree in sealed enveloppes to ECE with the application printed from their website (you need to write down all your educational history from 6 years old to your pharmacy diploma!!!), a simple copy of your diploma and the non english documents' translations+credentials of the translator. The ECE will send your evaluation and the sealed enveloppes directely to the NABP. You will also receive an evaluation from them.

Beside, you need to send the application form with fees, 2 photographs, and licensure/registration in sealed enveloppe to the NABP and an official copy of a photography identification (passeport,... be careful because it's brand new from the new application bulletin!) and of course, the translations if needed. I think that's it!

I hope that helped you.

Good luck.

Fafy

Thanks Fafy for the reply.

I have some more questions..

1. I got the application form (form100) from NABP before the Apr change, so can I still use the form?

2. What do you mean by "official" copy of photography identification? I have US driver's license, so can I just send the xerox copy of it or do I have to do something to make it "official"?

3. I got graduate degrees from US - do I have to enter that info to ECE website?

Thanks,

Hi Fafy,

I thought the post didn't work but apparently it worked.. Another question is that the 2 sets of proof of degree and transcripts can be in one sealed envelop or not? And does the proof of license have to be in a sealed envelope too? Thanks.

Hello,

I called ECE and they told me that I can send a copy of diploma and a translation (done by me is okey).

I was also told to send two transcripts in one sealed envelope and two proof of degree in one sealed envelope.

Hi

1. I sent the form that I had before april. It's almost the same so I don't think it will be an issue.

2. Check on the new bulletin they put on the website. "Applicants must also submit a certified photocopy of a current photo identification, for example, a driver’s license, a state issued identification card, or a passport." page 3 paragraph "photographs. I think that every photocopy of official documents must be certified (I went to the american consular in France but check on the bulletin).

3. I don't know what is the graduate degree you mentionned so I can't help you. Try to contact them about this specific point. For my part, I mentionned eerything that lead me to the doctorate of pharmacy in France.

About the sealed enveloppes: I've sent 4 sealed enveloppes to ECE (2 for the transcripts and 2 for the degree) and one sealed enveloppe to Nabp (for the licensure/registration). They need to be sealed by the proper institution (faculty and licensure or registration organisation where you get it). That's how I did but I'm not sure if it's the right way but my problem is that I already had a set of sealed enveloppes when I discover that I needed 2 so I just asked my faculty to make an other one. I hope it will be OK. On the bulletin they wrote to send 2 sets of transcripts and degree to ECE and that's it (because they will keep one and send the other one to Nabp).

About the diploma I sent a simple photocopy of my diploma (you cannot send an official copy of it that's what my faculty told me because you'll need to send it in a diplomatic suitcase :whistle: !!!) and I think you can do the translation yourself because I think it's just for their records because Nabp even doesn't ask it. So do what they told you.

Good luck again and don't hesitate if you have other questions. But again I just applied so I didn't get any approval or denied answer yet so I'm not sure if my way was the good one :crazy: .

Fafy

Thanks Fafy.

I forgot to mention that ECE told me that I don't need to write about US degree since they are dealing with only the foriegn degree. They did answer my phone call!

Do you know, by the way, a good (?) telephone number of FPGEC?

I don't think that my licensure/registration will be sealed in an envelope (the bulletin doesn't specify it) so I want to call them and ask..

By the way, I don't the way you sent the document will be any problem..

Thanks!

You welcome. I was so lost like you a few days ago and it was so nice to have people to help and encourage. But now that I sent my application I don't want to think about it and I'll see if it was Ok or no and I have time to help others in return to all the help I got!!!

People at ECE that take care of the Fpgee are very nice and they answer all your questions so don't hesitate and you can even let your phone number and they will call you back :tup:

About your question on the phone number of the Fpgee, sorry but I didn't understand! Do you mean a phone number at Nabp? 1-847/391-4406

Your licensure needs to be sealed by the organization that takes care of it in your country (it was written on the last page of the bulletin you received with your application so I think it's still valid). Usually, your organization knows what to do if you mention that it's for the USA (in France they knew it). What I heard from others what that this paper is very important so be careful with it. Try to send everyting correctly at first time even if it takes you much more time but I think that your approval will be faster.

Fafy

That's right. And they also need an official photo ID. The ECE will send the second set of documents to Nabp with their evaluation. That's what I understood but you can check on the new bulletin on the Nabp website.

Hi Mona

when you'll fill the ECE form on the net you'll have to indicate your educationnal history (name of school, dates, town and degree earned if any). You don't need any paper it's just on the net don't worry. They will tell you exactly what they want. You can start to fill the form to see what you really need and you can save it anytime. They just want a simple copy of your diploma plus all the other documents already needed.

Fafy

Hi all,

I want to give the dec exam too but trying to get a job so that I can pay the required application fees. Hopefully I will get a job soon. Life can be so tough!

I have very good grades but unable to find any pharmacy to sponser me. But God is great and I believe He will help me and all of us.

Best of Luck to all!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys:

According to a NABP'S letter for my case status,they mentioned that my proof of license was not submitted according to the required procedures.

The offical proof of your license must be submitted in an sealed envelop by the issuing body.

But according to the bulletin in page19 for proof of license section which doesn't specify this sentence.

It just says this document need to be submitted to the FPGEC either from the applicant or directly from the issuning body.

So everyone take care with this part, I get to make it up for my deficiency.:eek:

• 17 years later...