Urch Forums

Uranium Recovery

mchakrain

1. It may someday be worthwhile to try to recover uranium from seawater, but at present this process is prohibitively expensive.

(A) It may someday be worthwhile to try to recover uranium from seawater

(B) Someday, it may be worthwhile to try and recover uranium from seawater

© Trying to recover uranium out of seawater may someday be worthwhile

(D) To try for the recovery of uranium out of seawater may someday be worthwhile

(E) Recovering uranium from seawater may be worthwhile to try to do someday

• 2 months later...
I'm not sure why C is incorrect either. It seems that the parallelism is mantained. The only thing I can think of is that C starts with 'Trying' and sentences that start with --ing words are adjectival phrases that need a noun after the comma, but honestly the sentence sounds right to me, because of: 'may someday be worthwhile'.

I'm not sure why C is incorrect either. It seems that the parallelism is mantained. The only thing I can think of is that C starts with 'Trying' and sentences that start with --ing words are adjectival phrases that need a noun after the comma, but honestly the sentence sounds right to me, because of: 'may someday be worthwhile'.

Isn't 'recover from' the correct idiomatic usage. To me 'recover out of' (used in C) does not sound right.