Urch Forums

#092: Some people prefer to live in places that ha

Erin

#092: Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

• 2 months later...

Dear friends, I really appreciate any of your comments.

Weather is one of the factors that affect human life. Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Both cases have their specific advantages.

For one thing, places with stable weather, when the temperature fluctuates around 20 C, are very comfortable to live at. There is no need to check the weather every day, no bad mood because of a rainy day, no shoveling after snowfall. In addition, swimming in outdoor pools or in any other natural reservoir is available all year long. As a parent, I can tell you it is a real fun for kids! Besides, such a climate reminds us a paradise and, therefore, makes us feel even better.

For another thing, places with four-season weather make our life more interesting. Weather changes introduce the feel of something new in our lives. Moreover, every season normally has not only its mood but also its own colors. It is a real fun for me to see how colors change with the weather. Besides, I am quite sure there are people who enjoy shoveling snow!

As for me, I prefer the weather with all for seasons, because I need to feel the warmth of July Sun in summer as much as the cold of Christmas snowfall in winter. I love to watch maple-trees colored in fiery red in fall, and bright green color of young grass in spring. This kind of weather we enjoy in Canada!

YAYYYYYYY!!! I completed my second essay in 31 minutes[dance].Pleaseeeeee I would highly appreciate a critical evaluation of my essay.Is it too long??:D

Thanks in advance!! Cheers!:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One cold winter night I asked my friend "Would you rather live in place that has the same climate all year long or would you like to live in an area where weather changes several times a year?" I found it rather funny when he said, "Of course the weather has to change all year,otherwise it wouldnt be called weather and yes i want to stay in a place where weather changes all year". I couldn't agree with him any more.

It is said that the only thing constant in life is change.But most of us forget this basic fact and are not prepared for change.I think that it is the weather which reminds us of this fact throughout the year.Everything changes whether(weather?) we like it or not.I think learning to live in place where weather changes throughout the year is good way to get used to the fact that we should be prepared for change all the while,that is the reason I would like to live in a placewhere weather changes throughout the year.

Human nature is such that it likes to different experiences in life.Just imagine how one would feel if that we did in life was eat ,sleep and work? Using the same analogy I would like to experience a different climate/season throughout the year.I my country India we have three distinct seasons; summer,winter and monsoon.When we get tired of the heat ,the rain gives us respite from the heat,when we get tired of the rains,it gives way to cool season and we are absolutely tired of the cold,the sun starts to hit down on us down again.In short life is very eventful and exciting with changing weather.

Secondly,I would like to stay in a place where there is change in the weather thoroughout the year cause then i would have a opportunity wear different kinds of clothes during each season.I would be bored death to either watch people wearing the same type of clothes throughout the year or having to wear the same type pf clothes myself.I think its fun ,exciting and makes life colorful and lively to wear different types of clothes throughout the year.This would be possible only if i lived in a placed where the weather changes throughout the year.

Last but not the least,I would love to eat the different types to food available during that particular season.For example ,in India mangoes are available only in summer,apples and grapes only in winter and so on.If it hadnt been for different seasons I wouldnt have been able to enjoy the variety in foods.

I conclusion I attribute human nature,the thrill of wearing different lothes each season otherwise called as fashion and the joy of having to eat foods (expecially for a food lover like me) in each season,for my choice to live in a place where weather changes constantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Erin & guys

Here is the same essay after editing it,does it still have mistakes,in grammar,compostion,trasnsition,length..etc..etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One cold winter night I asked my friend "Would you rather live in place that has the same climate all year long or would you like to live in an area where weather changes several times a year?" I found it rather funny when he said, "Of course the weather has to change all year,otherwise it wouldnt be called weather and yes I want to stay in a place where weather changes all year". I couldn't agree with him any more.

It is said that the only thing constant in life is change.But most of us forget this basic fact and are not prepared for change.I think that it is the weather which reminds us of this fact throughout the year.Everything changes whether(weather?) we like it or not.I think learning to live in place where weather changes throughout the year is good way to get used to the fact that we should be prepared for change all our lives.That is the reason I would like to live in a placewhere weather changes throughout the year.

Human nature is such that it likes to have different experiences in life.Just imagine how one would feel if all that we did in life was eat ,sleep and work? Using the same analogy I would like to experience a different climate/season throughout the year.In my country,India we have three distinct seasons; summer,winter and monsoon. When we get tired of the heat ,the rain gives us respite from the heat,when we get tired of the rains,it gives way to the cooler season and when we are absolutely tired of the cold,the sun starts to hit down on us again.In short life is very eventful and exciting when we have changes in weather.

Secondly,I would like to stay in a place where there is a change in the weather thoroughout the year because then I would have a opportunity to wear different kinds of clothes during each season.I would be bored death either of watching people wearing the same type of clothes throughout the year or of having to wear the same type of clothes myself.I think its fun ,exciting and makes life colorful and lively to wear different types of clothes throughout the year.This would be possible only if I lived in a placed where the weather changes throughout the year.

Last but not the least,I would love to eat the different types of food available during different seasons.For example ,in India mangoes are available only in summer,apples and grapes grow only in winter and so on.If it hadnt been for different seasons I wouldn’t have been able to enjoy the variety in foods.

In conclusion I attribute human nature,the thrill of wearing different clothes in each season otherwise called as fashion and the joy of eating different foods in different seasons (especially for a food lover like me) ,for my choice to live in a place where weather changes constantly.

Originally posted by Aladdin

Dear friends, I really appreciate any of your comments.

Weather is one of the factors that affect human life. Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Both cases have their specific advantages.

For one thing, places with stable weather, when the temperature fluctuates around 20 C, are very comfortable to live at. There is no need to check the weather every day, no bad mood because of a rainy day, no shoveling after snowfall. In addition, swimming in outdoor pools or in any other natural reservoir is available all year long. As a parent, I can tell you it is a real fun for kids! Besides, such a climate reminds us a paradise and, therefore, makes us feel even better.

For another thing, places with four-season weather make our life more interesting. Weather changes introduce the feel of something new in our lives. Moreover, every season normally has not only its mood but also its own colors. It is a real fun for me to see how colors change with the weather. Besides, I am quite sure there are people who enjoy shoveling snow!

As for me, I prefer the weather with all for seasons, because I need to feel the warmth of July Sun in summer as much as the cold of Christmas snowfall in winter. I love to watch maple-trees colored in fiery red in fall, and bright green color of young grass in spring. This kind of weather we enjoy in Canada!

HI Aladin, your essay is a little bit off-topic. This type of topic requires that we write about only one side. Don't say about the advantages of the other side . For example, in your case, you prefer to live in a place where weather frequently changes, you therefore should talk about the advantages of your choice only and forget the other idea.

The second I would like to recommend to you is that your essay is too short. Normally the body of an essay should consist of at least three paragraphs.

Just my two cents:)

Hi boohieman,

What a convincing essay. The way you begin your essay is rather new and interesting to me. Frankly I don't see any mistake in your essay. However I notice that in your essay you use the structure " to be bored of something/doing something". As far as I know, many educated American people disapprove of this usage. It would be much better if you use "to be bored with something/doing somthing" instead.

Second, in your conlusion, you use the structure "attribute something for somthing/somebody". I would rather use the structure "attribute something to something/somebody". I cannot say for sure what is better though because there seem to be no such thing as a definite way to use prepositions in any languages.

• 1 month later...

Hello people. Here is my ideas on this topic.

I remember from the childhood how exciting was our vacation on the seaside in summer, and how enjoying was the skiing on the tops of the mountains in winter, and how beautiful was the mixture of yellow, red, green and brown colors of the trees in autumn, and how wonderful was awakening of the nature in spring. All these advantages are available only if you live in areas where the climate changes four times a year. That’s why, although places that have the same climate all year long have their advantages, I would rather prefer to live in a place where I can enjoy four different types of weather.

Firstly, when you live in places where the weather changes through the year you can enjoy the changes of nature in different seasons. For example, you can enjoy sunny and warm days in summer and rainy and gloomy weather in autumn. And also you may like to breathe in the freshness of the morning air in winter and the aroma of the blossom in spring. Moreover, it is always very exciting to look forward for the coming of spring with the snow melting and snowdrops appearance; and also for the winter coming with the New Year and Christmas eves when there are the piles of the snow outside and windows decorated with frozen pattern. You would never so many beautiful things when you live in places with the same climate through the year.

Secondly, different weather through the year makes people’s lives more interesting and enjoying.

They can wear different types of clothes, decorate their houses in different ways and spend their leisure time differently depending on weather conditions and season. For example, people can grow different kind of flowers so that their houses look nice in spring, summer and autumn. And in wintertime their Christmas and New Year decorations look more natural and gorgeous on a real snow rather then without it. Similarly, living in the places where weather changes through the year gives people a chance to do winter and summer kinds of sport and also enjoy spending time outside in different types of weather. For example, people may spend a day on the beach and swim in the river in summer and ski in winter.

At the end I would like to say that human nature is such that it like to have different experiences in the life. Moreover, life seems much more interesting when surrounding environment changes. It makes people to experience some new feeling and emotions. Sultry summer, rainy autumn, frosty winter and changeable spring make our life more exciting and eventful.

Thanks in advance for any corrections.

• 1 month later...

Mr. Billy...please rate my essay..I have a test tomorrow. I hope the essay topic that I will write about will be as easy as this one..thanks

#092: Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

We all have to live in our routines everyday, and it seems like the type of weather we experience everyday seems to have a great effect on our activities of daily living. We wake up in the morning, eat our breakfast, take a shower, go to work, and live the rest of the days with a big old smile in our faces. The weather is an important aspect in our lives that we have to consider in order to live a simple, convinient, healthy life. People prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long, other prefer to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. In my opinion, I prefer to live in a place where the weather changes several times a year. There are lots of exciting reasons I would say to support my opinion.

First of all, I came from a tropical island in the South East Asia. The weather where I used to live changes about only two times a year. First we have summer, then we have rainy season. Now that I had move here in the United States of America, I would say that the weather is somewhat interesting and fascinating to me because I have the chance to experience different climates in a year.

Secondly, the fact that the weather changes several times each year gives us a chance to experience varieties of different atmospheres like for instance, having to play out in the snow during the winter time is so fun that I get to play with my friends out in the snow or learn how to ski for one thing. The winter season also gives me a chance to have that "white Christmas" feeling that I had never experience when I was living in Asia, and it gives me a feeling of fun and joy that I get to feel what it was like to live in place that has a cold weather.

Thirdly, not only winter times that gives me the pleasure but also the spring season and the summer season. These changes in weather gives us time to enjoy our outdoor activities and be out in the sun, play with kids or even go to the beach with our family. Lastly, fall season is a great season to see a lot of tress which gives us a feeling that winter is approaching fast and that we have to prepare for the coming of winter and Christmas. These changes of weather each year gives us an experience to look forward to each year. The fact that the weather changes each year gives us the chance to prepare ourselves and think on how it will affect our daily lives especially when we go to work. What type of weather we experiece each day or each season will have an impact to our activities, thus we always have to be prepared as the day goes by. In this case, the weather teaches how to become aware more of the environment and the connection we make with our mother nature. Because of the different types of weather we experience, we learn how to protect ourselves and become more watchful, or observant as we proceed to the end of the day.

• 1 month later...

A short essay for this topic, I have difficulties in writing essays.Your helps are welcome.I just need 3 on the writing section.Can I get it?Thank you.

During your life, you encounter lots of changes in the weather. While some places have the same climate during the year, others have changing climates. I would like to live in a place where the weather changes continuously.

Changes in the air is like the changing of a humanbeing’s temper. Some people are always angry like storms and thunders. Some are cheerful like the sun which always smiling up there. Others are in a depressed mood like a cloudy day whenever you see them. I have all these traits with me. My mood swings like a changing weather.

I want to see all faces of weather because I like to feel every aspect of nature. When it rains, I want to dance under the blue sky. When it shines, I want to swim and when it is cold, I want to sit at my home and watch outside by the fire.

All changes remind me something in the past. A falling leaf because of a windy air, recalls memories of the dead while I think of them with love. A stormy night makes me feel lonely and I become grateful all the things I have in my life.

Finally, changing weather is like me, it has all colors of life; different and various. That’s why I love places that has changing weather.

• 7 months later...

Hello forum !

I made this essay some minutes ago.

Can you rank it?

Please give me some advices.

I´ll really appreciate all your responses

thankyou:D

-----------------------------------------

Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

There are places where the weather changes during the year . In others the climate is the same all the time . For me , living in a place where the climate changes several times a year is the best . You can enjoy of hot and cool days , and that is better than being all the time with just one climate. Besides you can wear differents kinds of clothes . Also it may be funny not to know whether or not the sun is going to be in the sky the next day.

Living in a place where the weather is constantly changing gives you the opportunity to enjoy of cool and hot days . It may be boring to live where there is only one kind of weather.You are always watching the same type of ambient , and you know what the next day , in terms of climates , is gonna bring you. Instead of that , when you live in an area where the weather changes several times a year can help you to have a variety in sigths and colors.

I also prefer areas with different climates basically because you can wear a wide range of clothes . I can wear a short when the temperature is high or in the other hand I can wear a pair of jeans when the temperature is not very warm . This can bring you a lot of options at the time you are buying clothes.

You have more probabilities to find both summer a winter clothes.

Now imagine that you are planning to make a journey to Canada and you live in a country like Ecuador . You will have to spent a lot of money buying all the clothes necessary to bear that great cool.

Finally , It is a lot more funny go to the bed and sleep without knowing what the next day can brings you . Maybe a sunny , a rainy or a cloudy day. You never know what kind of temperature you are gonna be in.

In conclusion , I prefer to live in an area where the climate is changing all over the year , mainly because it is more funny , you can enjoy of all kinds of weathers that exist on earth and finally you can wear a wide range of clothes.

Hello aioria.

I think that your essay is brilliant and you would probably get 5.5 or even 6 had you to submit it to the real TOEFL, but you would really not leave any chance to the TOEFL essay evaluators to decrease your score by correcting the minor mistakes that you have in your essay.

First of all, what is "enjoy of"? Are you sure that you can say that?

Then, why do you use "funny" instead of "fun"?

I think you should pay more attention to the use of articles. Why "places where the weather changes" and not "places where weather changes"? (I might be wrong in this case, but watch the usage of the articles). Or why "the climate" and not climate?

Climate is a noncount noun and has no plural form! Climates is a mistake. in terms of climate sounds better.

Remember the rule saying that you cannot and shouldnot use articles with noncount nouns? So "It is a lot more funny" seems a bit odd, "It is lot more fun" would be better.

You cannot watch the ambient, rather the ambience.

To sum up, you have done a great job, but a little bit of revision wouldn't be extra. Always DO read your essays thoroughly before submitting them. This way you will most probably get rid of the unwanted minor mistakes which will decrease your score. Maybe only 0.5 points, but why, when you can have more?

Cheers :cool:

thank you very much noname

wowwww a 5.5 or 6 . That would be enough fo me . I think with a 5

I would be happy jeje.

Mi biggest problem is the time .

all your comments are really apreciated!!

one thing about climate being a nocount name .

Im not sure about this .:shy:

I think Wheather is a nouncount so you have to use climate as a countnoun

dont you think that??

You can´t say 2 weathers .It should be 2 climates

what do you think??

again thank you very much for spend your time reading my essay , you are very kindfull :)

greetings