Urch Forums

Fall 2016 Finance

Dickgrayson

We should ask all the general questions on 2016 Sweat thread. Here, we can just let others know about the finance departments whose interview/ results (acceptance, waitlist or rejections) are out.

It will be helpful for future viewers as well as would let us know about the places which have implicitly rejected us.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw this on the gradcafe, i havent got any rejection from them so far. the post at the gradcafe might be fake, that is what i hope...

Is Boston College done with their admission? They used to send campus visit in March before making the decisions. Why it's so early this year.... T T

I am waiting to hear from them as well. I believe they usually send out their decisions on late march. Two more miserable months to go.

Late march!! Mays has one of the earliest deadlines i.e. 10th Dec. Btw, Mays Marketing PhD sent interview invites last week or so. Hope to see some news sooner than later from the finance department as well.

Late march!! Mays has one of the earliest deadlines i.e. 10th Dec. Btw, Mays Marketing PhD sent interview invites last week or so. Hope to see some news sooner than later from the finance department as well.

Their system is still open for finance applicants. Dec. 10th is just a deadline for guaranteed funding or something like that.

Hi bxfang,

Don't worry (at least yet).

I have applied to 15 and I could see on gradcafe 6 of them have given interviews till date.

Bulk of the action would be coming after 15 February.

Till then all we could do is prepare well for the interviews. Few days back, I got mail from a professor (apologies for keeping college name secret) and I had a Skype call after 40 minutes.

So better to be all prepared and hopeful :)

All the best

Hi bxfang,

Don't worry (at least yet).

I have applied to 15 and I could see on gradcafe 6 of them have given interviews till date.

Bulk of the action would be coming after 15 February.

Till then all we could do is prepare well for the interviews. Few days back, I got mail from a professor (apologies for keeping college name secret) and I had a Skype call after 40 minutes.

So better to be all prepared and hopeful :)

All the best

Hey Dickgrayson. Thanks man. It is so nice of you to say these. Yes, be prepared and be hopeful. :orange: All the best to you as well.

Sure,

It was very casual and kind.

It was totally based on convincing and gauging interest in the programme.

There wasn't any technical question neither were any related to sop/ resume. They give you lots of opportunities to ask questions. In fact, I asked 90% of the questions.

There were more questions on which programmes you have applied and what has been response so far. I feel schools want to make sure you will join in case of admit.

For coming interviews, I feel it would be a good idea to prepare lots of questions.

It lasted for 30 minutes, so better to schedule accordingly.