• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Institution Name: London Business School

Concentration (e.g. Strategy, OT, OB): OB

Date of Notification: 31/1/2014

Type of Notification (e.g. email/phone/snail mail): Email

Notification (e.g. Interview / Waitlisted / Accepted): Interview

Posted on GradCafe? Yes

Comments: It's a fly out interview! Incredibly psyched and nervous.

Hi All,

I just joined this forum and am regretting why I didn't do it earlier. Looking at your profiles I feel so stupid that I applied for the top universities.

My udergrad is in Mechanical Engineering, my GPA is very low due to some problems.

I have an MBA and MA HR and for both Masters my GPA is 4. I have done a full fledged research for my MBA but it is not in English. I also have one published article in an international journal. Not a famous one but it's decent.

My GRE Quant is 170 and Verbal is 156 (very low)

My MA HR is from one of the top 15 business schools in US and I've applied to the same university as well. My recommendations are from the committee members who decide about PhD applicants but with this tough competition and 3 rejections already (from Harvard, MIT, and Wharton) I have lost my hope. I think compared to your profiles mine is nothing :(

What do you think?

Hi All,

I just joined this forum and am regretting why I didn't do it earlier. Looking at your profiles I feel so stupid that I applied for the top universities.

My udergrad is in Mechanical Engineering, my GPA is very low due to some problems.

I have an MBA and MA HR and for both Masters my GPA is 4. I have done a full fledged research for my MBA but it is not in English. I also have one published article in an international journal. Not a famous one but it's decent.

My MA HR is from one of the top 15 business schools in US and I've applied to the same university as well. My recommendations are from the committee members who decide about PhD applicants but with this tough competition and 3 rejections already (from Harvard, MIT, and Wharton) I have lost my hope. I think compared to your profiles mine is nothing :(

What do you think?

Hi OBHR,

I'm also an OBHR applicant, and I think your profile is solid and strong, the quant score is impressive and will probably mitigate the undergrad GPA. It seems odd that you had these rejections, I would be surprised if you did not receive any interview request.

I don't have your test scores nor your GPA, so i guess i am a little envious. No rejection so far, but it does not mean love either...

by the way, when did you receive your rejection from MiT if i may ask ?

Let's try and enjoy our weekends :-)

Thanks Starsintheeyes. I got both MIT and Wharton on 1/29 back to back. There was only a 2 minute gap between receiving these 2 emails. It's very depressing. I hope you hear good news from them.

No offense but you lost your hope after not being selected as one of the lucky dozen choices at the top three schools in the world?

Man up.

Honestly, I wasn't disappointed until I found this forum and saw others' scores, publications, etc. It scared me. I didn't know that competition for OB is this though. I only applied for the top 15 universities (Not even all of them). But you're right maybe I should be more patient. Thanks :)

Hi All,

What do you think?

Hi, I just want to ask, when did Harvard send out the rejection letter? I didn't receive anything from them, not interviews calls or rejection. I wonder what is going on with my application.

Hi, I just want to ask, when did Harvard send out the rejection letter? I didn't receive anything from them, not interviews calls or rejection. I wonder what is going on with my application.

1. I don't know if Harvard has sent out rejection letters; I haven't heard of anyone getting a rejection yet.

2. I also don't know if all programs at Harvard have sent out interview invites. What program did you apply to?

Institution Name: Arizona State University

Concentration: Management

Date of Notification: 2/1/2014

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Interview

Posted on GradCafe? No. I will though.

Comments:

Institution Name: Penn State

Concentration: M&O

Posted on GradCafe? No. But I will.

Comments:

congrats!

I applied for OB and got rejected last week. I deleted the email immediately because I got too mad so I don't know the exact date but it was before 29th that I got rejected from Wharton and MIT. I know one person who got an interview from Harvard for OB!

Comments:

Institution Name: Penn State

Concentration: M&O

Posted on GradCafe? No. But I will.

Comments:

Who's killin' it now??!! :encouragement: Well done.

Hi All,

What do you think?

I agree with others that it's way too early to loose hope. Also, I think in your case (with a published article) research fit will probably be more of a determinant that some of the regular stats that may matter more for people straight out of undergrad as I'm sure you have quite developed and well-articulated research interests. It's just a matter of who and when - keep the faith! In my case, I'm relatively certain that the research questions that I articulated in my SOP is what sparked some interest from adcoms; I really don't think many care whether I got a 3.5 or 3.9 GPA in my undergrad from more than 12 years ago!

Comments:

Congratulations myndfood. I just checked out your blog. It was refreshing to read your candid posts about delaying grad school and making a run now. Our paths have many parallels. I have to say that I was also disappointed to see that we are up against each other in this application cycle at a couple of the same schools. From what I can tell, I'll be waiting for you to decline before getting any calls myself. :) Best of luck wherever you land.

Institution Name: London Business School

Concentration (e.g. Strategy, OT, OB): OB

Date of Notification: 31/1/2014

Type of Notification (e.g. email/phone/snail mail): Email

Notification (e.g. Interview / Waitlisted / Accepted): Interview

Posted on GradCafe? Yes

Comments: It's a fly out interview! Incredibly psyched and nervous.

Congrats! Great program; good luck!

Congratulations myndfood. I just checked out your blog. It was refreshing to read your candid posts about delaying grad school and making a run now. Our paths have many parallels. I have to say that I was also disappointed to see that we are up against each other in this application cycle at a couple of the same schools. From what I can tell, I'll be waiting for you to decline before getting any calls myself. :) Best of luck wherever you land.

Thanks for the kind words, but I wouldn't be so sure. I've been rejected from one school I interviewed for already! An interview is just an interview...