Urch Forums

2014 Admissions Results: Management

fourteenstix

I know that after some start getting news, everyone that hasn't heard gets anxious... keep in mind that some adcoms are still finishing their review of applications. So, for those who haven't heard, keep your head up and know there are still a lot of movement to come in the next month! :)

This actually makes me feel so much better. Thanks!

(even though I'm not management)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got an offer. So thrilled. I had a very friendly conversation with one of the professors on Friday. He was super nice. And I just received my offer letter in email today. I am so happy. Anyone else got it from Carlson?

Congrats OBHR!! Carlson as in Minnesota WOrg concentration? how was your interview?

I finally got an offer. So thrilled. I had a very friendly conversation with one of the professors on Friday. He was super nice. And I just received my offer letter in email today. I am so happy. Anyone else got it from Carlson?

Congrats!!

I've got an interview on Friday with Minnesota but my area is Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship. Very excited. It seems like an excellent program.

Thanks :) Yes, WOrg concentration. Actually, I don't call the conversation an interview. We talked about the program and he explained for me the structure of the program, etc.

Congrats OBHR!! Carlson as in Minnesota WOrg concentration? how was your interview?

Thanks, Congrats to you too. I think you've already made your mind and are not considering Minnesota. Right?

Congrats!!

I've got an interview on Friday with Minnesota but my area is Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship. Very excited. It seems like an excellent program.

Congrats!!

Thanks, Congrats to you too. I think you've already made your mind and are not considering Minnesota. Right?

Hi OBHR, Heartiest Congrats for your offer from Carlson, Minnesota....!!

Can you just elaborate a bit on the entire process.. as in when did you receive a call for the interview and what happened during the interview?

Hi lovely people! So I saw a post days ago saying that UCLA has sent out its OB interviews. But I saw nobody actually posting it or nothing following. Has anyone hear from them? The same goes for South Carolina and Georgia Tech. They had their application deadline very early (early and mid December) but I heard nothing ever since. Are they typically late or it is just I didn't get picked.

Congrats!!

Congrats, ArcticApplicant! :D May I ask if you are gonna to have an interview with Minnesota?

I've dealt with more than half, if not most of the schools on the list, and all of the ones here I've had experiences with do phone interviews or flyouts, so you will hear from them before admit.

I know there were a couple of schools that admit blind, but those are very few. UCI comes to mind, but I know there were a couple more.

Thank you, doingfine! :D I have been so nervous.

Michigan is for reals!! I had my interview yesterday with a phd student and a professor. It went... ok.

UCLA-- Was a bit puzzled as well. News of interview came out approx 10 days after deadline closed. I thought that was super fast to be true.. but then again, I might be just trying to rationalize away the pain of being (implicitly) rejected. :disgust:

Michigan is for reals!! I had my interview yesterday with a phd student and a professor. It went... ok.

UCLA-- Was a bit puzzled as well. News of interview came out approx 10 days after deadline closed. I thought that was super fast to be true.. but then again, I might be just trying to rationalize away the pain of being (implicitly) rejected. :disgust:

So, what did Michigan focus on in their interview? Any idea how many pple they are interviewing?

Dear all,

I'm an OB applicant for Fall as well. I join this forum very lately, finding that I might not be admitted as many of you show strong profiles. I've learned the information here that Carlson School OB devision has already sent out its interview invitation to the applicants in which the adcom is interested and even admitted some students. I also applied to this program, so, I am wondering whether my chance of acceptance is least possible.

Congrats to applicants who are successfully accepted by this prestigious program!

Dear all,

I'm an OB applicant for Fall as well. I join this forum very lately, finding that I might not be admitted as many of you show strong profiles. I've learned the information here that Carlson School OB devision has already sent out its interview invitation to the applicants in which the adcom is interested and even admitted some students. I also applied to this program, so, I am wondering whether my chance of acceptance is least possible.

Congrats to applicants who are successfully accepted by this prestigious program!

The fact that some pple are reporting getting interviews from Carlson does not mean that there are not more to come. So of course you still stand a chance!!! :encouragement:

I don't know of anyone else who got admitted to Carlson. As you see here, I got the interview on Friday and ArcticApplicant had it on Monday. So, there is a chance that they are still in the process. I'll let you know if I hear any news. Don't worry, I hope you'll get an offer soon :)

Dear all,

The fact that some pple are reporting getting interviews from Carlson does not mean that there are not more to come. So of course you still stand a chance!!! :encouragement:

Thank you for your kind words StayStrong. To be honest, this is the first time for me to apply to the PhD program; I thought that the program office would send all the interviews at once. The waiting is so stressful that I can barely deal with my nervousness.

I don't know of anyone else who got admitted to Carlson. As you see here, I got the interview on Friday and ArcticApplicant had it on Monday. So, there is a chance that they are still in the process. I'll let you know if I hear any news. Don't worry, I hope you'll get an offer soon :)

There is some faculty members' research in which I am really interested, and I try as much as I possibly can to show my fitness to this program. I am quite worried about my test scores, which are not as high as those of other applicants. If the Carlson committee uses these scores as the first step to select people into the short list, I think I may not make it. Could you please share what you think the most decisive factor that makes you enter this program?

If you have any further information about their admissions process (e.g. the short list), please let me know. Ok?

Again, congratulations to your great result!:encouragement:

Thank you for your kind words StayStrong. To be honest, this is the first time for me to apply to the PhD program; I thought that the program office would send all the interviews at once. The waiting is so stressful that I can barely deal with my nervousness.

OBPhdapplicant - don't forget that some people will also be declining offers and as the market clears, schools may be contacting other candidates to fill those spots. Best of luck!

OBPhdapplicant - don't forget that some people will also be declining offers and as the market clears, schools may be contacting other candidates to fill those spots. Best of luck!

Haha..."some people," wink wink, nudge nudge, uhhhhmmm..... maybe ArticApplicant will reject a few schools ; ) It must feel GREAT to tell schools, hhhmmm, sorry, I reject you! Thanks for making wait all that long!!!