Urch Forums

2016 Application Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one think that it's a waste of time to check gradcafe and so I have it blocked on my computer. Last year I checked gradcafe religiously and all it resulted was in me being a nervous wreck. This year I haven't been checking it at all and feel so much better as a result. I do wish decision stuff was more "push" rather than "pull" so I could get a single push notification when I got a decision versus having to check email al the time

I have an interview for Kellogg MECS this week... so I won't comment about how relaxed I am ;)

based on past experience, they should be asking for "fit" and "motivation" type of questions.

should be a relatively good bet that you're going in if they call you for an interview :)

hahaha are you waiting for a specific school this week?

UNC usually sent stuff out around now and UVA set up interviews around this time last year, those are the two I'm primarily expecting/hoping to hear from this week or next, the rest will likely be later in the game

So anyone like me who would update GradCafe every few minutes, just like what you do before the sports transfer deadline?

BTW, has anyone got interview invitation? I haven't got any email on interview things. Is it common for Econ PhD program to offer interview to every potential candidates they're interested in?

It is almost only for econ PhD in Business Schools. They are not sending all the invitations at the same time but I think (not 100% sure) that every candidates that ll end up in the program has to be interviewed. But you can be placed on WL without going through the itw process.