Illinois Pharmacy license requirements

mariagpl

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to know the ece evaluation report that I have to send to Illinois idfpr board..

1) does it have to be general or course by course?

2. do I have to ask ece to mail ii directly to idfpr or do i have to mail it myself along with other documents?

Oh and by the way, I had called the no. 2177828556 idfpr to ask these queries.

The first time, I called and ask the requirements. The operator lady answered my queriries politely.

but I had forgotten to ask abt my ece doubts.

So I had to call again. Ihe second time I called I got hold of her after 45 minutes and when I ask the requirements again she hung up on me.

The next day , that is today, I called again and she hung up on me again. How rude! made me seeth with anger.

Also made me realise how tough it is to be a foreigner here.

Well hats off to all the people who make success here because its really a tough ordeal making it through all the racism and hatred that lingers around us.

Does anyone know where I can complain about her rude behavior?

Thanks for the support.

Take care.

-

Hi fizzbizz,

You need the course to course evaluation and you will have to mail it with the rest of your documents. I am in that process right now. I'm just waiting for ece to mail it to me. I called them and supposedly I should be getting them today. I paid extra to get them quicker though. It is tough out here for foreign grads. good luck! where are you from in illinois?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey friends, I reside in state of Illinois and I recently cleared my fpgee and received my FPGEE certificate and now am standing with no idea what is next, I will appretiate if any one can guide me what is the next step from here regarding contacting state board or naplex and all , basically i wanted to know what is the process for the foreign graduates who have 4 years of degree course how many hours of internship and what i have to do next what forms and all. Thanks in advance.

sandeep

Hi! The ECE certificate has to be a course to course evaluation. I just made a copy of my FPGEC certificate. On the application form it did not specify that they want them notarized. Also when I called their office I was told it will be better if you mail them all your documents together to reduce the possibility of any loss documents. Hopefully I have answered all the questions. However, I am still waiting for my papers to be approved so any documents that I may be missing or may be incorrect I have no information yet.

Do you have to graduate from a COUNTRY that offers a 5 year pharmacy school? What if you graduate from a four year pharmacy school where the pre-requisite of 1 year of university was required for e.g. an international student?(but the country itself doesn't require that pre-requisite year for domestic students)

Please read my further threads and posts if you would like to know further.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi fizzbizz! Did you get your internship papers approve by idfpr already? Because I am still waiting for mine. It's been almost a month since I submitted my papers. It is so hard to get somebody on the phone when you call them.

Hi guys,

Please help: can you please tell me what are the steps I need to follow for the internship after I get my fpgee certificate?

I am working on getting my pharmacy tech license so I am about to send the form to IDFPR.

Also: Do I need to contact IDFPR to start the internship? Does anybody know if I can get my hours toward my internship if I start as a pharmacy technicain while waiting for the fpgee certification?

Thanks much,

Viviana

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

I am a foreign pharmacy graduate. I graduated in 1999 with 4 years degree program and I cleared both my FPGEE and Toefl iBT exam recently. I am in the process of getting my FPGEC certificate. I live in illinois and I want to be a registered pharmacist there. I have couple of questions.

(1) Along with the application form, fee, FPGEC certificate and ECE report, what I need to submit? Do they want transcript from our college too? Can I send transcript in sealed envelop along with other documents to them or my college needs to send them directly? Also I have ECE evaluation report which mention that my degree is equivalent to Bachelor of science in pharmaceutical science. Is that sufficient? I got it evaluated before applying for FPGEE.

(2) Does anybody has any idea about visa status? Because I am on H4 visa(dependent visa). So I do not have social security number with me. Without social security number I can not apply for technician license. So how I can start my internship until I do not get my H1 vis(work permit). Can I start my clinical course (internship) as a volunteer in any pharmacy after getting internship approval from board?

Please give me guidance in above matter. I will be highly thankful to you.

Graduates Educated Outside the U.S. or one of its Territories

1. Submit official transcripts issued by the pharmacy college or university, with school seal affixed. An official translation of

the transcript must be submitted if transcript is not in the English language.

2. Submit processing fee payment in the amount of $75. Fee payment must be in the form of a check or money order made

payable to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. DO NOT send in fee for examination as referenced on REFERENCE SHEET until such time as you have been advised as to the status of your application for examination.

(Regarding the evaluation process of unapproved pharmacy education programs:

All applicants must have completed secondary education and a university level five year program of pharmacy education leading to the first professional degree. If the program from which you graduated IS NOT a

Pharmacy program approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, your program must be evaluated by the Illinois State Board of Pharmacy and the Department of Financial and

Professional Regulation. The evaluation process for each pharmacy program consists of an extensive review period and all Applications for Licensure and/or Examination received from graduates of unapproved programs during the evaluation process will be held pending a final decision by the State Board of Pharmacy and the Department.)

3. Forward four-page application, supporting documentation, and $75 fee payment to: Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Attn: Division of Professional Regulation, P.O. Box 7007, Springfield, Illinois 62791.

NOTE: You may contact the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation and inquire as to whether your pharmacy education program is in the process of being evaluated or has already been evaluated by the Board of Pharmacy and the Department.

IMPORTANT: Upon receipt of your application the Department may request additional information from you and the college/ university regarding the pharmacy program you attended.

In order for your application to be processed, ALL REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED with the application and required fee unless otherwise directed in the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
If anybody has been able to get internship with retail or hospital in Illinois, please let us know. I went through all the paperwork, now have the Illinois techncian license but so far have failed to find an internship here and it is very frustrating. Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Guys,

I Have Come To Knw Of A New Thing From My Friend S In Iliinoi S Who Are Practicing In Other States That The Liberty To Practice In Illinois Is Only For Those Passing B.pharmacy After 2008.

How True Is This?

Pls Let Us Knw So As To Avoid The Fees And Trouble.

Hey Guys,

I Have Come To Knw Of A New Thing From My Friend S In Iliinoi S Who Are Practicing In Other States That The Liberty To Practice In Illinois Is Only For Those Passing B.pharmacy After 2008.

How True Is This?

Pls Let Us Knw So As To Avoid The Fees And Trouble.

Your statement doesn't seem to make sense? How can a foreign pharmacist be practicing right now if he/she did not graduate yet from the Bachelor of Pharmacy program? The year 2008 has not even ended yet!

Could you elaborate and be more clear plese? Do you mean those with a 4 year degree AFTER 2008 can practice in Illinois after gaining FPGEC?

yeah i think u r right so it might be 2007 but anyways when i had spoken to the board they never said anything like that ,they didnt even asked me when had i graduated so will find out again with them .

fingers crossed>>>

:doh:

How can a foreign pharmacist be practicing right now if he/she did not graduate yet from the Bachelor of Pharmacy program? The year 2008 has not even ended yet!

Could you elaborate and be more clear plese? Do you mean those with a 4 year degree AFTER 2008 can practice in Illinois after gaining FPGEC?

Hi Everyone,

I have done 4 years of Bpharmacy from india and want to get licensed in us since i am a permanent resident but i guess we require 5 years of a degree to meet Fpgee criteria and it's too expensive to do pharmaD all over again Any suggestions ? if i apply for pharmaD do i need to meet the prerequisites like us history n all for intl program at nova is there a way i cud get some financial aid or loan approval without having not enough credit and a cosigner.

Is there anyone who is working as an Intern or looking for an Intern position in IL?

I am confused about the whole process for starting an Intern. I called the board today, and the lady said I don't have to submit any document for Internship. Instead, I have to register as a technician. And what else I have to do is to find a pharmacist who hire me as an intern. The registered pharmacist who hires me should write a prove letter, which is required to start an Intern. However, according to others in this forum, I need to get an intern permit before starting internship... but why did the lady explain differently? Even though she is working at the Pharmacy Board, I cannot trust what she said. If there is anyone who already got through this step, please tell me how to prepare for the next step after toefl...

You have to fill and mail out the form for registered pharmacist for foreign graduates from the Illinois state board website and pay the $ 75 fee. You also need to have a pharmacy tech license (which is a seperate application) since IL doesnt issue an intern license. Once you get an intern position, your pre ceptor needs to submit a letter to the board that states you will be working under him for the duration of the internship........the board will review and approve that and you are all set!