Urch Forums

Illinois Pharmacy license requirements

mariagpl

Hi JYN

I have been really busy with my internship, and it's almost coming to an end!!! Time has went by super fast. How are you doing?? What is your status with NAPLEX?.

Would you be able share with me the exact details the state wants from us after completing the internship hours. I know yOu mentioned a letter from the preceptor indicating the completeltion of 1200 hours. What else should the letter contain?. Should i submit the weekly hours log?.. I want to make sure include I everything needed the first time, instead of waiting for two months and submit additional information.

I hope all is well with you, hope to hear from you soon.

- Chicago773

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chicago 773! Im busy preparing for my second try for NAPLEX, passed the MPJE already. Yes do send them a copy of your paychecks. It doesnt say on the website but I sent it just to avoid delays and the letter from your preceptor. And wait for the approval. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, i am new to this forum. can anyone tell me how to get a licence to practice pharmacy in usa.

do i need to take TOEFL/GRE.

currently, i am in chicago...on visitor's visa

thanks in advance

God bless you all!

• 3 weeks later...
hi everyone, i am new to this forum. can anyone tell me how to get a licence to practice pharmacy in usa.

do i need to take TOEFL/GRE.

currently, i am in chicago...on visitor's visa

thanks in advance

God bless you all!

NO ANSWER?

anyone there who wants to help please....

Hi yemi. Well, its a long procedure but if you are patient - and have the qualifications then here is your steps.

Before you start the procedures, you must have a total of 5years degree in Pharmacy school from your country. If this is your case then 1) call ECE (educational crediential evaluation) and go from there.

If you need additional help - let me know.

Chicago773

Hello,

I am a Pharmacy undergraduate from India in the year 2008. I came to U.S.A as a permanent resident. i was told that i cannot write the licensure exam, as i completed my graduation after the year of 2004. Does the Illinois board allow me to write the examination? Also, i heard that there are Pharmaceutical recruiting companies that provide jobs for students who have an international degree. We have to register with them and they will do the recruiting for the pharmaceutical industrial jobs. If any one has done that please reply. I badly need a job

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi CHicago773...

I want to transfer NAPLEX score and my 1500 hours to IL Board and write MPJE....MY question is , if all my intern hours will be transferred and apart from MPJE are there any other exams (like compounding exam ) to get Pharmacist license in IL. For getting the Pharmacy Technician license which i think is necessary to work as Pharmacist, do we have to write ExCPT ? I would really appreciate your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JYN & Cicago 773,

I will really appreciate if anyone one of you can answer my question.I have completed my 1200 hours of internship in hospital set up in Illinois during a period of Sep 2010-July 2011. I did a volunteer internship thats why I can't provide any of the pay checks in the support of my document.I have maintained a time sheet log thoughout my internship but another concern is that it is random ,as I took vactions for several times in the mean time.It consist of random breaks however the most part is comprised of 40 hours a week though...Can u please advice me in this regard that what documents should I send along with letter from my preceptor so that it get approved by the board with no hassle..

Thanks

Aidam

hi

i would suggest you to submit the hours in a letter to IL Board...they will let you know whatever additional documents they need.

Hi JYN & Cicago 773,

I will really appreciate if anyone one of you can answer my question.I have completed my 1200 hours of internship in hospital set up in Illinois during a period of Sep 2010-July 2011. I did a volunteer internship thats why I can't provide any of the pay checks in the support of my document.I have maintained a time sheet log thoughout my internship but another concern is that it is random ,as I took vactions for several times in the mean time.It consist of random breaks however the most part is comprised of 40 hours a week though...Can u please advice me in this regard that what documents should I send along with letter from my preceptor so that it get approved by the board with no hassle..

Thanks

Aidam

Hi Aidam - if the Illinois State Board approved your internship, then yes they will accept your hours with vacation gaps and even if its volunteer. The main point is that they have to FIRST APPROVE your internship before you start your hours. You can still try to submit your hours and documents and maybe they will let you continue. I am not sure.

• 10 months later...

Hello all,

I have finished my FPGEE exam last year. I havent take the TOEFL exam yet. I've read in several posts here that in Illinois i can start doing my Internship without finishing TOEFL. Is that true. I emailed the board their reply is not very clear. They mentioned that i need to have FPGEC and 1200 Internship etc to sit for NAPLEX etc. I understand that Illinois doesnt have any pharmacy internship license and i need to get Pharmacy Technician license. I also need to get some kind of approval from the board to allow me to start my internship.

Can someone guide me to site that has this application to get approval for Internship. Anyone here started doing internship before taking TOEFL exam.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the intership in chicago,il

I passed the fpgee last year and trying to get the required score in toefl exam but with no hope

I need to know if i can start my training hours before passing the toefl ?

I need to ask the board department in ill

Please if anyone knows about that please reply and if not please post me the email adress of the board where i cn send them my question ?

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the intership in chicago,il

I passed the fpgee last year and trying to get the required score in toefl exam but with no hope

I need to know if i can start my training hours before passing the toefl ?

I need to ask the board department in ill

Please if anyone knows about that please reply and if not please post me the email adress of the board where i cn send them my question ?

Sorry, but you can't Illinois required to have FPGEC before starting internship.That means you need to pass TOEFL first.

Good luck, duna

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have passed the FPGEE and Got the required scores in Toefl exam and got the FPGEC certificate. I am about to apply for the Internship License exam in illinois. Anyone here has done this in the past.

I have a 4 year degree From India. Since i graduated before the rules changed i was eligible to sit for the FPGEE exam. But i heard on this forum that Illinois needs a 5 year degree irrespective of FPGEC certificate. Is that correct.

I need to apply for the approval for Internship in Illinois, anyone here know the steps and procedure to do this.

I have Green Card, anyone here has any luck finding internship opportunities in Chicago area? How many hours internship is required? DO i need to do this internship in a Hospital/retail?

Do i need to do all the hours under the guidance of the same pharmacist? I appreciate your help.

Regards,

• 7 months later...

hello colleague

iam an egyptian pharmacist , first of all i joined veterinary medicine for one year only ,, then i transferred to private university from 2008 till graduate 2012,,,,,, is it 5 year pharmacy curriculum ?. so , i don't know how they calculate 5 year curriculum ??

they calculate it by semester or by number of years ???

take in consideration that in my final transcript there are some subject that i studied in vet. medicine so i didn't study it in pharmacy ?

if any one can help me in this isssue ,,,many thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I have passed by FPGEE & TOEFL and have started my Internship. My Internship application was rejected by IDFPR b'cas it was not the correct format - Can anyone please send me a format they have used to Approve their Internship with IDFPR ??

Thanks A LOT !!

• 1 year later...
Hello people,

I also called the IDFPR just now to inquire as to what steps need to be taken in order to do internship in Illinois. Since these guidelines are new and complicated (so I believe), and somebody reads them from somewhere I feel the Board people are themselves a little confused. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this is the exact information what I have from the IDFPR:

1. YES, they have changed rules recently. NO, they don't need the 5 year degree thing.

2. First thing is to send the 4 page pharmacist application along with your FPGEC and ECE certificate. (Since I took FPGEE in '05, I didn't go through ECE, the confusing thing was that IDFPR guy said that I should get ECE certificate through NABP). Mariagpl is right they said they will send samples of clinical course thet you need to complete with a pharmacist after the appproval of your application.

3. Second step which you should take simultaneously along with pharmacist application is to send an application for the pharmacy tech (to complete the 1200 work hours) because the board doesn't issue a separate intern license.

4. Finally you need to get an approval from IDFPR on completion of the 1200 work hours to take the NAPLEX and MPJE.

Hmm.... a little complicated but if somebody learns something different or new about licensing in IL, please shed some light. Kindly share the complete information.

Dear what about sponserships?

• 1 year later...