1.Purdue-West Lafayette

2.TAMU

3.Penn State

4.Drexel

Got to hear from

1.Wisconsin-madison

2.U Maryland-College Park (no reply)

Got Waitlisted & then am in extended waitlist

U Mich-Ann Arbor(will hear in late June)

I have choosen Purdue.What do you say have I made the right decision?

I have choosen Purdue.What do you say have I made the right decision?

Try asking gforce since he also got into Purdue and contemplated going, even though that was not his final choice. You can search for his posts (there are many). You can also email the current grad students at Purdue, their inputs are usually very helpful.

Welcome to TM! [clap]

• 4 weeks later...
well u mich finally rejected me.they said they had recieved far more deposits so they couldn't take any wait listed candidates.So going to purdue.but i've recieved my I-20 from purdue.VISA interview on 12 july.Got into Purdue Village Apartments.Can digi123 tell me something about it?what I know about them is that they have TV,microwave,Fridge.etc.

well u mich finally rejected me.they said they had recieved far more deposits so they couldn't take any wait listed candidates.So going to purdue.but i've recieved my I-20 from purdue.VISA interview on 12 july.Got into Purdue Village Apartments.Can digi123 tell me something about it?what I know about them is that they have TV,microwave,Fridge.etc.

Sorry, I never lived in those apartments.. only in dorms and graduate housing apartments.

digi123

• 2 weeks later...

I lived in Purdue Village for 1 year during my freshman year. They didn't provide me with anything other that a fridge, a bed, a study desk, a chair, a dinner table, a kitchen, a cabinet, a bathroom and a trash bin. I hope they've changed that now. Me and 2 other roomates had to buy our own TV and microwave. It was not the best place to live. it is relatively far away from the engineering quad, but luckily there are buses from there. The walls are thin and the heating system is not that good (many shivering nights). There is no A/C, you have to buy it yourself. The plumbing system was horrible, many times my toilet overflowed and my RA keep telling these stories how if you throw leftovers when you do dishes in the sink, it will clog the plumbing system and cause the toilet content could overflow to your bathub. The buildings are pretty old (my roomate's parents were actually living in the same building as we did when they went to Purdue).

But if you have a family, Purdue Village is not bad. It was called Married Students Court before 2000.

If you want better housing, try the graduate houses (Hawkins and Young). I lived in Hawkins for a year, it was pretty nice before the renovation. So it should be nicer now. Or just go off campus entirely :)

Good luck:):tup:

how are hilltop apartments?Now that I have got accomodation in Purdue Village, can I change it mid-way?Are Hilltop better than Purdue Village?

I have never lived in HIlltop, so I dont know. BUt I think most of the residents there are undergrads, so they probably will distract you more. Hilltop is closer to the engineering quad.

I am not sure if you can change you accomodation once you are assigned. Try emailing HFS and see what they say.

I have never lived in HIlltop, so I dont know. BUt I think most of the residents there are undergrads, so they probably will distract you more. Hilltop is closer to the engineering quad.

hey mate, I'm also a undergrad student.

& whatever I gathered from Purdue Map

Purdue Village is near to Earhart Hall,which is the hall for engineers as it

houses IDEAS & Honors Engr. Program.

So I guess if Earhart Hall's far from Engr. quad, than Purdue Village will be also the same distance from Engr. quad.