Urch Forums

Question about 'Big Book'

lenz

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy the book published by ETS....I suppose currently it is named as 'GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test'. And the current edition is 10 with ISBN 0886852129.

I would like to know that, is this the book I should buy or there is some other book published by ETS? I'm little confused since it does not say 'Big Book' anywhere.

And also, if the sample question papers from this are worth practicing.

Please guide me..

Thanks

Thanks Erin..I was confused between this book and the one I mentioned.

However, this 'Big Book' was published by Warner Books; edition (October 1995). But GRE was revised in sometime back(october-02). So I was wondering is this the latest version or there is some other latest version.

• 1 year later...

Lenz,

The book that you are mentioning is not the GRE Big Book, it is the GRE General Practice test. The big book is different. It is 5-6 times thicker than the GRE 10th edition book. I have both of these books.

The GRE big book is amazing and actually it tells you which questions are outdated etc.

Regards,

A-Nandha

I think the best combo is the GRE big book together with Barron's. Barron's has an *amazing* vocabulary list - all you need to know in terms of vocab - and also has really challenging math q's that will raise your math ability substantially. I myself used the GRE "small" book (the 10th edition practice guide), but wish I had gotten the big book. So can you buy it on Amazon?

Good luck!

-goodwitch

Does the GRE General Practice test (Oct 2002) has "later" GRE tests as compared to the GRE Big Book (oct 1995) tests,as the latter is older edition ? Plz clarify (Iam a bit confused)!

Also,which one would be a better bet, The Big Book or the GRE General Practice Test ?

Plz advise !

Thanks !

hi there,

don get perturbed, if u can gt big book (and ofcourse the time)u shud practice it , as it's the compendium of actual tests conducted by the ets and better than any other book save the new 2002 edition general book.

jus evaluate according to the time left for ur gre exam . becoz big book has 1084 pages 27 actual tests i.e 54 sections of verbal and quantitative so jus calm down and think over and don panic.

gud luck

vineet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...