Urch Forums

2017 Application Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, anyone heard anything from Purdue? Last week they said they are still in the process, and there is absolutely nothing on Gradcafe. What are they doing I wonder

A few days ago, I got a reply from the Krannert Ph.D. Admissions saying that they "are also waiting to hear from the Economics Admissions Committee," and that they are "expecting to hear something from them in the next week or two."

So, I guess that we should be hearing from them within this week (hopefully). I wonder what's taking them so long...

Is there anyone else who hasn't heard anything one way or the other still from UNC? I haven't been accepted/rejected and it looks like a bunch of both in multiple waves have been sent out.

Or can anyone confirm the UNC rejections? What did your application status page look like?

Thanks.

Edited by jklimek

@jklimek I still have not heard anything from UNC. Someone from my undergrad university's PhD program said that UNC offered him an unfunded offer on April 12 last year so at this point I don't have high hopes for a funded offer.

Awesome thanks for the info. I'll probably just move on with what I've got then. I emailed the Graduate Coordinator Assistant to get a firm response but haven't heard back yet, if I do I'll let you know what she says.

UMich's approach to this application year really is baffling - really would have thought they'd have sent out some rejections by now. Utterly bizarre.

The utter lack of notification in this whole process has been driving me absolutely wild. I've been checking this forum + gradcafe multiple times a day since November. Maybe a bit of overkill, but the sheer amount of anxiety this process has generated isn't trivial.

And now it's 7 days until April 15th, and I still have yet to hear about funding from 1 program, and a reject/accept from a few. Not even being told if i'm waitlisted or not! I know the probability that I get into any of the remaining programs I've applied for is low, but still, i'd like the closure...

The utter lack of notification in this whole process has been driving me absolutely wild. I've been checking this forum + gradcafe multiple times a day since November. Maybe a bit of overkill, but the sheer amount of anxiety this process has generated isn't trivial.

And now it's 7 days until April 15th, and I still have yet to hear about funding from 1 program, and a reject/accept from a few. Not even being told if i'm waitlisted or not! I know the probability that I get into any of the remaining programs I've applied for is low, but still, i'd like the closure...

email the remaining departments... ! i am thinking about doing the same but i am confident Maryland and UMich are rejections so no point 1

Thank you please do!

@marblenm: I heard back from the graduate student services director saying that I am waitlisted, and that the waitlist is long. Did anyone else hear anything different from UNC? I think I'll probably just go with what I've got at this point.

email the remaining departments... ! i am thinking about doing the same but i am confident Maryland and UMich are rejections so no point 1

Received a pretty instant reply from UMD, was a rejection. Waiting on UMich now, but I imagine the outcome will be the same.

Has anyone received/heard anything about funding from FSU? It's literally looking like my only acceptance this season, but I still haven't been notified if i'm receiving funding or not... was told that they will inform via email, but that was 3 weeks ago.

Received a pretty instant reply from UMD, was a rejection. Waiting on UMich now, but I imagine the outcome will be the same.

Has anyone received/heard anything about funding from FSU? It's literally looking like my only acceptance this season, but I still haven't been notified if i'm receiving funding or not... was told that they will inform via email, but that was 3 weeks ago.

I just turned down my funded offer at fsu, good luck!

Try emailing them to see if you're waitlisted for funding as they're pretty fast when it comes to responded to questions.

@marblenm: I heard back from the graduate student services director saying that I am waitlisted, and that the waitlist is long. Did anyone else hear anything different from UNC? I think I'll probably just go with what I've got at this point.

Thanks for the update!

I emailed U Michigan, Michigan State and Maryland because I did not hear back from them... only Maryland confirmed the rejection... Michigan schools never replied me which is so weird ! anyone never heard from both schools ?

I emailed UMich, and got a response a day later. This is what I was told: "Thank you for your email. We don't have a set date yet as to when all of our decisions will be released, but we anticipate sharing all decisions this week."

So I guess we are just waiting to see it tomorrow? Who knows. Fed up.

I emailed UMich, and got a response a day later. This is what I was told: "Thank you for your email. We don't have a set date yet as to when all of our decisions will be released, but we anticipate sharing all decisions this week."

So I guess we are just waiting to see it tomorrow? Who knows. Fed up.

Thank for an update! I have gone wild for almost a month now.