Urch Forums

2017 Application Sweat Thread

tm_member

Does anyone receive an offer form Warwick, for the MSc Economics?

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything from Warwick M.S. Econ? I applied early January and haven't heard anything yet! Also, does anyone know if you can get waitlisted for this program? Thank you!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a waitlist post on gradcafe about NW. No new notification = you're out?

Probably not. The newest post said he/she emailed the department. From the results of past years, it seems like NW doesn't send out explicit wl decisions.... (I'm too afraid to email the department though)

Probably not. The newest post said he/she emailed the department. From the results of past years, it seems like NW doesn't send out explicit wl decisions.... (I'm too afraid to email the department though)

Can confirm. Applications are treated as 'pending', which means no clear decision has been made, which is similar to being waitlisted.

Does anyone have any insight on how likely it is to get admitted and funded at Colorado Boulder from the waiting list (i.e. how many funded/unfunded offers are given out, how many waitlisted candidates there are, etc.) ? Thank you!

In past years they have admitted a lot of students without funding for the first year (I applied there 2 years ago and received this result). Just looking at Grad Café from past years plus my observations from two years ago, it looks like they are adding a waitlist this year. If it were me, I'd give it a couple of weeks after receiving the email and then I'd ask them what admittance would look like.

I applied 2 years ago and got on the waitlist. I didnt hear back from them until April 20ths or something offering an unfunded spot. A friend got accepted with half funding and they wouldn't match his other full funded at similar schools offers whatsoever. I received a waitlist again this year and not really hopeful of a funded offer given my past experience with boulder.

Does anyone have any insight on how likely it is to get admitted and funded at Colorado Boulder from the waiting list (i.e. how many funded/unfunded offers are given out, how many waitlisted candidates there are, etc.) ? Thank you!

Few posters on GC said that they got an email from Northwestern's admissions chairs. Does that mean not receiving that email = rejection?

Not sure if they're done notifying people. They're quite ambiguous by what they mean, but they said at this point the ones they have internally as "pending" are essentially waitlisted. Not sure if they've actually notified everyone they have as rejected though. Best of luck

I'm sure this has been talked about before in prior years' NSF threads, but these reviews (and the whole application process in general of course) are so noisy! I simultaneously received a "Poor" and an "Excellent" from two separate reviewers on the Broader Impacts category alone. The "Excellent" reviewer's feedback was also so much more detailed, and the "Poor" reviewer wrote all of two sentences and basically claimed something to the contrary of what was laid out in my resume, so it all seems just a bit bizarre... Congratulations to all though, you should feel proud and honored!

I emailed asking that question and found out that while it has not been guaranteed in the past few years there has only been one year in which some first year students were not funded. Most students do get at least partial funding in their first year.

I'm sure this has been talked about before in prior years' NSF threads, but these reviews (and the whole application process in general of course) are so noisy! I simultaneously received a "Poor" and an "Excellent" from two separate reviewers on the Broader Impacts category alone. The "Excellent" reviewer's feedback was also so much more detailed, and the "Poor" reviewer wrote all of two sentences and basically claimed something to the contrary of what was laid out in my resume, so it all seems just a bit bizarre... Congratulations to all though, you should feel proud and honored!

I had the same thing, fair in one column and excellent in another. My first reviewer only wrote a sentence or two and disqualified me even though my other reviews were pretty good. Is there no oversight for this sort of thing?

Anyone have movement on any waitlists to report? I'm WL at Cornell, Penn, and Wharton Applied Econ, and would choose any of them over my current top choice (Minnesota, maybe Wisconsin). I know most of this action will probably start after visit days...

Same boat here with a couple of top15. When do people usually hear back? Nothing before April?