Urch Forums

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

ritwik

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaah...just when you thought times were tough...

I'm guessing you're listening to Beautiful Day by U2 right now....if you're not....you need to do so...right away!!!

anyway, congratulations

Yeah, I was down & was listening to 'In the end' by linkin park, then after reading encouraging notes at TM I switched to 'Life's a rollor..' by Ronan Keating and now I playing U2 full volume.

Can I just say I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that size fellowship normal for your field? Because, to me, that is INCREDIBLE!!! Personally, I would gladly take a whole bunch of rejects to get a fellowship like that. Amazing, but you earned it. Your profile is top notch, and you did a lot of hard work to get there. Doesn't it feel so much better to achieve a dream when you worked hard for it??? Anyway, mega-congrats!!!

C

ps What do you have to do for this fellowship? please don't tell me just show up for class! LOL

Yeah dude, you told me so. Thanks and keep telling me good stuff.:D

Yeah, I was down & was listening to 'In the end' by linkin park, then after reading encouraging notes at TM I switched to 'Life's a rollor..' by Ronan Keating and now I playing U2 full volume.

Switch to heavy metal, dammit.

Hehe. Kidding ye. I am incredibly happy for you. When I read through your OSU thread, a month back, I really felt that life was pretty unfair. I wondered especially about "the not being from some elite college and so got rejected" factor. Such things shouldn't count. I feel strongly about it. I am all the more glad because this proves that it isn't true and there is a fair amount of fairness left to life on this planet. :) What I suggest is: get a copy of your fellowship offer, attach it to a WRusin™ letter format and send it to the OSU devils so they wither and die. ;)

And yes:

[dance] :D Roshgratulations*!!!! :D [dance]

Cheers and good luck in your graduate career!!

Dingus

The Fine Print:*Cliff felt that the term "Congratulations" was losing its meaning over here, so to individualise the greetings a bit more, we have invented this mutational form of encouragement. This is just so you know.

Switch to heavy metal, dammit.

Yes Sir. Copied three albums of Megadeath ... ready to blow my roomate's brains out.

What I suggest is: get a copy of your fellowship offer, attach it to a WRusin™ letter format and send it to the OSU devils so they wither and die. ;)

Now that is WICKED. But I am on it. They will get the letter soon.

The Fine Print:*Cliff felt that the term "Congratulations" was losing its meaning over here, so to individualise the greetings a bit more, we have invented this mutational form of encouragement. This is just so you know.

That is an excellent idea. Thanks for Roshgratulations

Ritwikulations??

Thanks, Is there anyone else on this forum who goes by two names, i know - Yousuf ...

Hey Ritwik congracs man.... way to go... !!! UFL enjoys a good reputation for CS.. and ure profile is so good man, UFL couldnt have let u go..

hey so u got an email right ??

I badly want UFL man.. i dunno when im gonna hear from them :(

Hey Ritwik congracs man.... way to go... !!! UFL enjoys a good reputation for CS.. and ure profile is so good man, UFL couldnt have let u go..

hey so u got an email right ??

I badly want UFL man.. i dunno when im gonna hear from them :(

Yup, I got an email. Do not worry ... u'll get into UFL too :tup:

• 2 weeks later...

hey ritwik,

I had to dig up this thread to tell you that if you go to Florida, "BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS!!!" Someone in Florida got killed by a 9 foot alligator yesterday! Now all the ppl in Florida will hate me for defaming their state, but it's all over the news, so don't stone the messenger.

I had to dig up this thread to tell you that if you go to Florida, "BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS!!!" Someone in Florida got killed by a 9 foot alligator yesterday! Now all the ppl in Florida will hate me for defaming their state, but it's all over the news, so don't stone the messenger.

Thanks for the information but as Dingus posted (BTW that is just whack!! :notworthy) )I need not worry. And for one, I still love you.:love:

hey ritwik,

lol.....

Thanks Geek and everyone else. Wow .. this is just great ... every now and them people dig up this, my favourite, thread and put a BIG smile on my face (so keep doing it).

BTW those of you who are waiting for USC EE PhD decisions, I got this inside scoop that their adcom is meeting for the last time this week and all PhD admits will be declared by Apr 1st. Anyone with some more information on USC?

• 5 months later...
Hey Ritwik! I presume your classes have already started! How are they? As you had expected, or better, or worse? How about the day you left, I remember it was at the time of the flood; did you manage to leave on the expected day?

Take care!!!

Classes have started and we in (i think) 3 rd week. You know ... classes are like they are ... not much different from back home. Assignments really keep us busy. I have like 3 classes this sem and so far they have been as I expected. The campus crowd is certainly better than what i expected.

Yeah ... the day i left mumbai was drowned. the airport was a wreck. but the plane did take off at time and as we were a group of 15 students leaving together, the journey was lot of fun. But its damn tiring to travel halfway across the globe.

BTW Where are u thesedays?

Ritwik

yeah hey cool ritwik i read dat post of urs too.gud hear from u dat u r happy n liking it.u knw kinda makes u feel good. as we say feel aati hai yaar.

have fun

swapnil

good to know about that. I can totally understand "feel aati hai" funda.

BTW Where are u thesedays?

Well, still in Brussels... I'm taking 4 extra literature courses this year and reapplying in the hope I'll get a better round this year... I'm also teaching full time at the moment, but the course finishes next week, so...

It is mentally tough to do the whole application procedure over again, but I really want to get into a US PhD program, so there is no other way but to gather transcripts, LORs, write SOPs, retake GRE, and spend loads of money in the hope of getting a good admit + aid! I am quite confident at times, but the ghosts of last years failure sometimes visit me...

I'm glad to hear you're doing fine and you were able to get away as expected! The realization that many DO make it into great schools inspires me to keep going! :D