Urch Forums

For foreign pharmacists who graduated after 2003

notinal

Hi ggcruz! I also received the email from UIC yesterday. I called them this morning and they said that they are not sure if they can complete the requirements until next month to be able to accept students this coming school year. So I decided to inquire about the universityof san carlos, and found out that they still need to wait for the result of the licensure exam this coming june, to be able to decide if they are goin to offer the program. They did not give me any info regarding the requirements and steps. If they aregoing to offer the program, July willbe the start of the class.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that USC doesn't require you to be licensed to enroll into their clinical program... I asked them about 5 months ago and they said it is true that its not needed to enroll

I hope they didnt change their minds about that answer.. haha

They did not tell me that you need to be licensed in order to enroll in the said program. But they don't know if they are going to offer the program until after the board exam.

I hear that USC doesn't require you to be licensed to enroll into their clinical program... I asked them about 5 months ago and they said it is true that its not needed to enroll

I hope they didnt change their minds about that answer.. haha

They did not tell me that you need to be licensed in order to enroll in the said program. But they don't know if they are going to offer the program until after the board exam. Let's just call the university again? :)

The program is actually 1.5 years; it is 2 full semesters and a summer internship at PGH in Malate.

The tuition for the whole program is around 60k pesos, give or take a few thousand. However, this depends on the amount of students enrolled. The more students enrolled, the less the tuition, and vice versa. This does not include the expenses for the internship in Malate, as well as in Chong Hua Hospital in Cebu during the 2nd semester.

During my time, there were about 25+ who enrolled.

How many hours will it take you to complete the summer internship at UP-PGH?

Hello everyone,

Could any one guide me, what are they ways for me to be eligible to give  FPGEE exam. I have completed 4 years of B.pharmacy from India in 2009. followed by MS in Chemistry (2 years) in America and an internship. I have been searching for ways to become eligible for FPGEE and dont seem to find any close to home ( I live in nyc area). Thanks for your help in advance

hi chinniv! Have you tried having your transcripts evaluated by ECE and NABP? If you did but were not allowed to take FPGEE, you might want to look into the option of taking up a "non-traditional PharmD" offered in some Pharmacy schools in the US. PM me if you have inquiries.

all the best!:)

• 1 month later...

The University of San Carlos is now accepting applicants for their BS Clinical Pharmacy. The classes will start on July 2012.

Also, the University of Immaculate Conception is still accepting applicants for AY 2012-2013.

I am currently enrolled at UIC, and yesterday, USC texted me that they will be offering the same program this year. UIC changed the length of their program, from two semesters into two semesters and one summer (for the internship).

I am more than willing to answer questions regarding UIC and Davao, just send me a message. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm a graduating (March 2013) BS Pharmacy student here in UST and I plan to take the licensure exam on July 2013 and take PharmD program at CEU Makati (Unfortunately, I was not accepted at UST's 5-year Clinical Pharmacy program since they only accept 50). Since CEU Makati's PharmD program requires you to have valid license before taking the said program, I would use my long vacant time (August 2013 onwards) for reviewing CEU Makati's PharmD entrance exam. I heard from those who took the entrance exam that it was way way way harder than the national pharmacist licensure exam. My question is, what should I review for the entrance exam?

And If (IF) I was given the PharmD degree and went to the US and apply for FPGEC certification, what should I do worthwhile during very very long waiting periods (application processing, evaluation, etc.). Yes I know I should study for the FPGEE, NAPLEX, TOEFL iBT, CPJE (I'm based in California by the way) and others but what I mean is how can I earn money enough for my daily living while waiting for those very long "waiting periods"; you know It would be embarassing for my parents and others that I'm still relying on them (I would be 24 by that time). What are the things you could suggest for me to earn money?

Thanks in advance! :excited:

Hi everyone,

I have a B.Pharm degree from Israel. There are only two universities that teach Pharmacy. Studying takes four years and after that internship for another six months. We have to complete the internship successfully in order to get the diploma and the right to work as a pharmacist.

I want to practice Pharmacy in the U.S and from what I've read in the NABP site, it is not enough (so I understood).

Maybe someone here studied in Israel and can tell me if it's enough? If not, what can I do? Do I need a second degree? In what major?

Everyone who knows and can help me, I'll be very thankfull.

• 4 months later...
hi jacm, please check your inbox thanks :)

Hi ggcruz,

Did you able to secure admission in UIC? I am also looking forward to apply for UIC this year. Can you please provide me with your experience?

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Ken

Hi jcam2012,

I am willing to join UIC for BS clinical pharmacy 2013-14 batch.

Can you please answer few of my questions?

1. Do the BS clinical pharmacy graduates from UIC get FPGEC?

2. How much is the fee for BS clinical pharmacy at UIC?

3. I emailed the initial documents to the dean for review, and it's been 3 days. How long does it take to be accepted at UIC?

4. I spoke with a pharmacy dept person and he told me that the 5th year clinical pharmacy is from June till May. Is it true? Does it include internship?

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help.

Ken

The University of San Carlos is now accepting applicants for their BS Clinical Pharmacy. The classes will start on July 2012.

Also, the University of Immaculate Conception is still accepting applicants for AY 2012-2013.

I am currently enrolled at UIC, and yesterday, USC texted me that they will be offering the same program this year. UIC changed the length of their program, from two semesters into two semesters and one summer (for the internship).

I am more than willing to answer questions regarding UIC and Davao, just send me a message. :)

Hi jcam2012,

I am willing to join UIC for BS clinical pharmacy 2013-14 batch.

Can you please answer few of my questions?

1. Do the BS clinical pharmacy graduates from UIC get FPGEC?

2. How much is the fee for BS clinical pharmacy at UIC?

3. I emailed the initial documents to the dean for review, and it's been 3 days. How long does it take to be accepted at UIC?

4. I spoke with a pharmacy dept person and he told me that the 5th year clinical pharmacy is from June till May. Is it true? Does it include internship?

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help.

Ken

Hi jacm2012,

Thank you for the post.

I am looking forward to apply for the BS in clinical pharmacy program at UIC.

Can you please provide me with the following information:

1. How long is the coursework? how long is the clinical experience?

2. What is the total cost of the course?

also, if possible, how can I message you about more questions that I have? I don't know whether we are allowed to put our email addresses here or not.

Thank you very much.

Ken

Hi. I read somewhere that meron na PharmD sa University of Makati? Is this true?

I called ceu this morning and asked kung ano requirements. The lady told me na no failing grades daw. Sadly, I failed 3 subjects. I insisted and told her that Im licensed naman and she said na useless daw. Is there still a chance for me to get accepted at CEU?

Also, ok ba sa UIC? 2 years na ba talaga? Thanks!:)

Hello everyone! I am a UST bs pharmacy graduate 2003 and currently resides in the US. I am actually going to UIC for the clinical pharmacy program (5th yr) this AY 2013-2014. They are accepting applications right now. You guys can visit the institution's website to see the requirements for evaluation. BSClinical Pharmacy for Pharmacists Requirements for Evaluation - University of the Immaculate Conception

HEY everybody - Listen up! If you are a pharmacy graduate after 2003 and STILL looking for a 5th year program, UIC in Davao is your best bet! Hear me out - it only takes 10 months and it's worth every penny buddy! Now most of you im guessing are from manila, and maybe a bit hesitant to venture out of your comfort zone; your choice, your life. It is not a smooth ride - at all! Especially for yall who come from UST (me included) and other big universities, don't expect it to be the same, it will not be. What matters is what you're getting what you need. That doesn't mean you're gonna get quality education, no you will not. You will ridicule most if not all of your instructors, you will hate the smell of the stinky market beside the school and you will loathe every single day... Until you learn to actually have fun and let all the new experiences and friends sink in to you. So far tuition for my batch 40k ++ per semester, from june -dec we were in classroom setting, now we're doing internship and we'll be done two weeks from this writing. I'm writing this to help out all the pharmacists out there who have bigger dreams than most, those who are willing to make that big step. Our class right now is composed of maybe 40-50% US citizens/permanent residents OR waiting for petition--that means we all did our homework, researched on programs, quit work in the US to actually do this(some even left family and kids). Yes, we just all surprised ourselves that most of us are pharmacy techs in the US. 48 students in class right now, maybe 8 Davao locals, the rest from luzon or US.

I guess that's all I have to say. Hope this can be of help to somebody. PM me if you have any questions. Oh yeah i forgot to mention this program of course makes you eligible for the FPGEE. Best of luck to you all. There is no sweat in the application process: PRC license, etc everything can follow. They are very flexible.

PS. i dont mean for this to sound like an advertisement, it's just that I've been meaning to write this to help out those who are still in search of a program and to pay it forward to urch forums. God bless everyone.

Thank you for this info. I am going to UIC this coming academic year. The program is now called BS pharmacy major in clinical pharmacy. 2 semesters with 480 hours of summer internship. Classes will start jun 10 and probably finish the program June 2014.

Hi everyone..

I graduated in 2011 in pharmaceutical chemistry (ctf in italy, 5 years).. at the moment I'm licensed and working here as a pharmacist, but I would like to move back to the US and find a job.. what do I have to do to become a pharmacist in the US? I don't know where to start from!

Is there anyone going to uic this AY 2013-2014. Because I am!

Hi Momlovesim,

I submitted my documents for AY 2013-14 at UIC. I haven't heard back from them. If I get admission, I will attend it.

Did you secure admission? Are you from the States?

Thank you.

Ken

Hi Ken!

Yes. They emailed me the acceptance letter. If it has already been more than 2 weeks since you sent them the requirements, call them and ask for the status of your application. They will let you know. That's what I did. And yes I am from the States. Are you from the states too?

btw, make sure that you sent the requirements via email at cgasendo@uic.edu.ph.

Edited by Momlovesjm

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
HEY everybody - Listen up! If you are a pharmacy graduate after 2003 and STILL looking for a 5th year program, UIC in Davao is your best bet! Hear me out - it only takes 10 months and it's worth every penny buddy! Now most of you im guessing are from manila, and maybe a bit hesitant to venture out of your comfort zone; your choice, your life. It is not a smooth ride - at all! Especially for yall who come from UST (me included) and other big universities, don't expect it to be the same, it will not be. What matters is what you're getting what you need. That doesn't mean you're gonna get quality education, no you will not. You will ridicule most if not all of your instructors, you will hate the smell of the stinky market beside the school and you will loathe every single day... Until you learn to actually have fun and let all the new experiences and friends sink in to you. So far tuition for my batch 40k ++ per semester, from june -dec we were in classroom setting, now we're doing internship and we'll be done two weeks from this writing. I'm writing this to help out all the pharmacists out there who have bigger dreams than most, those who are willing to make that big step. Our class right now is composed of maybe 40-50% US citizens/permanent residents OR waiting for petition--that means we all did our homework, researched on programs, quit work in the US to actually do this(some even left family and kids). Yes, we just all surprised ourselves that most of us are pharmacy techs in the US. 48 students in class right now, maybe 8 Davao locals, the rest from luzon or US.

I guess that's all I have to say. Hope this can be of help to somebody. PM me if you have any questions. Oh yeah i forgot to mention this program of course makes you eligible for the FPGEE. Best of luck to you all. There is no sweat in the application process: PRC license, etc everything can follow. They are very flexible.

PS. i dont mean for this to sound like an advertisement, it's just that I've been meaning to write this to help out those who are still in search of a program and to pay it forward to urch forums. God bless everyone.

hi nfabo,

This was really helpful for me coz i am thinking also of pursuing further studies to be able to sit for FPGEE. I graduated from UST BSP 2003, took the July 2003 board exam and fortunately i passed it...What if i took the 1.5yr BSP major in clin pharma in UIC and was able to finish d course, would there be any conflict with my PRC license bcoz it is from 2003 and i only graduated from UIC just this year (2013)? I read in the FPGEE website that you should be a registered pharmacist from d country of origin. thank you.