Institution Name: The Ohio State University

Concentration (e.g. Strategy, OT, OB): Operations Management

Date of Notification: 02/19/2014

Type of Notification (e.g. email/phone/snail mail): email

Notification (e.g. Interview / Waitlisted / Accepted): Accepted

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: First admit! whew! [banana][w00t]

Congratulations.

Even though now I'm going to be at a rival school, I will always cheer for the scarlet and grey! Congratulations!

You'd better be careful. I hear that it's almost heresy to root for OSU as a Badger (and vice versa)! Don't want to be blacklisted before you even arrive in Wisconsin!! :)

Any info on the following univs?

1. Stanford GSB (I saw a post on GC. But i don't know whether its genuine)

2. MIT Sloan ( no news anywhere)

3. Columbia GSB (Someone posted on GC saying they'll release results by mid march. Are there no interviews?)

4. CMU Tepper (Saw a couple of interview posts on GC, two days apart. Are they interviewing one by one?)

Any info on the following univs?

1. Stanford GSB (I saw a post on GC. But i don't know whether its genuine)

2. MIT Sloan ( no news anywhere)

3. Columbia GSB (Someone posted on GC saying they'll release results by mid march. Are there no interviews?)

4. CMU Tepper (Saw a couple of interview posts on GC, two days apart. Are they interviewing one by one?)

1) The post is most probably genuine. According to previous years' posts, it is time for GSB to send out a few offers.

2) I thought Haas and Sloan aren't taking students in OM any more. Did you get an interview? You should have applied to ORC instead.

3) According to a post on GC, Columbia GSB has already interviewed a few people. If that post is genuine, they must have made a few offers by now. Unless, something really strange is going on, which I suspect that would be the case.

4) Interview invites for Tepper were sent out last week. To the best of my knowledge, most of the interviews were conducted on Tuesday.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't worry about Tepper. You were interviewed for Ross. Tepper is no better than Ross, except maybe in terms of location.

1) The post is most probably genuine. According to previous years' posts, it is time for GSB to send out a few offers.

2) I thought Haas and Sloan aren't taking students in OM any more. Did you get an interview? You should have applied to ORC instead.

3) According to a post on GC, Columbia GSB has already interviewed a few people. If that post is genuine, they must have made a few offers by now. Unless, something really strange is going on, which I suspect that would be the case.

4) Interview invites for Tepper were sent out last week. To the best of my knowledge, most of the interviews were conducted on Tuesday.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't worry about Tepper. You were interviewed for Ross. Tepper is no better than Ross, except maybe in terms of location.

Thanks for the updates... that really helped!!

Regarding Sloan not taking OM any more.. ARE YOU SERIOUS? do you have a source? There wasn't anything mentioned on the website. Did I just waste 150+ bucks?? :upset:

Thanks for the updates... that really helped!!

Regarding Sloan not taking OM any more.. ARE YOU SERIOUS? do you have a source? There wasn't anything mentioned on the website. Did I just waste 150+ bucks?? :upset:

I heard from a friend of mine that Sloan did not take any OM students last year and most probably it will not be taking any this year. I think MIT is shifting operations out of the business school and into the ORC.

Institution Name: UT Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Business

Date of Notification: 02/24/2014

Comments: I knew earlier..but confirmed just now...

Hmm... Cornell already in the bag..waiting for Michigan Ross now... results are out by the end of February...

Hmm... Cornell already in the bag..waiting for Michigan Ross now... results are out by the end of February...

Congratulations.

Congratulations :)

Just out of curiosity, do you know how many students UTD has already accepted into the program? I have like a 3rd interview with them today :hmm: Don't know what to make of it.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how many students UTD has already accepted into the program? I have like a 3rd interview with them today :hmm: Don't know what to make of it.

They probably want you. But, are not sure whether you are still available or not. Probably because you're out of their league. So, choose your word carefully.

They probably want you. But, are not sure whether you are still available or not. Probably because you're out of their league. So, choose your word carefully.

Haha, I think it's probably the other way round. They know I want in but they are second guessing because well, they have better candidates. I met with someone during one of campus visits and she said she turned down their offer. So, maybe I was wait-listed and they are just trying to pick someone off their wait-listed applicants :)

Haha, I think it's probably the other way round. They know I want in but they are second guessing because well, they have better candidates. I met with someone during one of campus visits and she said she turned down their offer. So, maybe I was wait-listed and they are just trying to pick someone off their wait-listed applicants :)

That IS possible. Specially, if they have already sent out a few offers. If they have not, I would say what I said is more probable.

Got the offer form Tepper. Don't know what to do now! I'll be even more confused if/when I get one from Ross!

What do you think guys? Which one should I chose? They are all good schools and I can not rule any one out.

Congrats!!!! The problem of plenty is such a *****! :eager:

Got the offer form Tepper. Don't know what to do now! I'll be even more confused if/when I get one from Ross!

What do you think guys? Which one should I chose? They are all good schools and I can not rule any one out.

So I have drawn up an excel sheet with my own scores for the universities. It's like a decision tree broken down into 3 main criteria - Professional, Perks and Personal. I score things like the training, research fit, kind of research(empirical/analytical), peers, placements, etc in the professional branch. Stuff like stipend, weather, etc are perks and closeness to my fiance and availablitiy of dance classes (I am hoping to get back to dancing as my life outside PhD) under personal. I then provide weightage to the three. As of now, it looks like 7:1:2. This gives me a final score for each university :) Added to this is my gut!

I have just one admit as of now, so the excel sheet is pretty useless to me at the moment. You guys, with your multiple offers may want to try this? :)

Date of Notification: 02/26/2014

Type of Notification (e.g. email/phone/snail mail): Email

Posted on GradCafe?: No but will.

Comments: ​Yaay, I can finally use my excel sheet :P