Urch Forums

2015 PhD Business Administration Admissions/Waiting/Sweating thread

tm_associate

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied to Michigan (same track as you) and I haven't gotten an e-mail for an interview, so I think it's safe to say that at least Michigan doesn't interview everyone ;)

Congrats and good luck on the interview!

How many of you here (apart from me) keep checking your SPAM folders hoping that the SPAM folder contains THAT mail that you've been hoping to receive?

Me! I keep the email that I used to apply to schools open and keep hitting refresh. I know it's only January 21, but for some reason I can't help myself.

What at did people do before the advent of smartphones and online forums?

Me! I keep the email that I used to apply to schools open and keep hitting refresh. I know it's only January 21, but for some reason I can't help myself.

What at did people do before the advent of smartphones and online forums?

I presume they stood by their windows waiting for the mailman to arrive and refused to leave the house for fear of missing a phone call.

I presume they stood by their windows waiting for the mailman to arrive and refused to leave the house for fear of missing a phone call.

OK good point. I did stalk my mailman when applying to college. Difference is that back then, they all told you exactly when decisions would be made/mailed out.

OK good point. I did stalk my mailman when applying to college. Difference is that back then, they all told you exactly when decisions would be made/mailed out.

I think that is still true for most masters and undergrad degree. Deadlines are just more malleable for PhD admissions.

Like XA, I too am an American football fan. I haven't been too neurotic yet, because for the first time in years my NFL team had a (short) playoff berth...

but alas, with OSU winning the first college football championship and the Super Bowl quickly approaching, not even my fantasy football picks are there to occupy my time and I have slowly taken to checking my email incessantly...and the application systems...ummm yeah and even twitter...you know, just in case...

Well, at least I'm in good company then.

I sent the coordinator an email. The coordinator mentioned that they selected 2 out of 52 this year and that they were looking for applicants who have a well-developed research interests (and preferably some research experience) in CB.

I sent the coordinator an email. The coordinator mentioned that they selected 2 out of 52 this year and that they were looking for applicants who have a well-developed research interests (and preferably some research experience) in CB.

Huh, does this mean they didn't conduct any interviews? Seems strange.

I wonder if well developed means very specific. This gets me nervous about my SOP. I mean I didn't say "I love consumers", but I don't know if I was specific enough either.

Let the paranoia continue!

Like XA, I too am an American football fan. I haven't been too neurotic yet, because for the first time in years my NFL team had a (short) playoff berth...

but alas, with OSU winning the first college football championship and the Super Bowl quickly approaching, not even my fantasy football picks are there to occupy my time and I have slowly taken to checking my email incessantly...and the application systems...ummm yeah and even twitter...you know, just in case...

I've taken up working out. Stress release and it's an hour a day where I can't check email. As for the other 23 hours in a day...

Oh, and I half volunteered for a busy project at work just so I'm swamped at my job. Hopefully my job will keep me distracted?

Good info. Thanks! I almost wonder if they had a couple of internal candidates that they already knew they wanted. It just seems really early for both the school and candidates to commit.

Just got an email from Wharton for an interview. From the sounds of the email, I get the sense that they're sending out interview invitations whenever they get to someone in the pile that looks interesting (i.e. not sending out or doing interviews all at once). Somewhat freaking out because we're likely doing it tomorrow, but obviously really excited too.

Just got an email from Wharton for an interview. From the sounds of the email, I get the sense that they're sending out interview invitations whenever they get to someone in the pile that looks interesting (i.e. not sending out or doing interviews all at once). Somewhat freaking out because we're likely doing it tomorrow, but obviously really excited too.

ooooooh! good luck! Wharton! you are lucky!!