Urch Forums

2015 Accounting Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

crosseyed

Congrats on the offer! Though, I didn't apply to Pittsburgh, however, I don't think there is a reason to be upset if the deadline was Jan 1. Stanford and Harvard had December 1 deadline, and I don't think they have started conducting their interviews.

I was accepted by one, but I'm still waiting to receive my official letter. Not big name schools, I promise.

I'm eager to hear anything back from Pitt or UMASS. Pitt's deadline was Jan 1., so I'd assume it has already reached out to the winning candidates.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the offer! Though, I didn't apply to Pittsburgh, however, I don't think there is a reason to be upset if the deadline was Jan 1. Stanford and Harvard had December 1 deadline, and I don't think they have started conducting their interviews.

Not sure about Harvard, but a couple people on GC posted Stanford interviews last month. I am surprised that it's taking Harvard this long (assuming they have not sent interview invitations out).

I was accepted by one, but I'm still waiting to receive my official letter. Not big name schools, I promise.

I'm eager to hear anything back from Pitt or UMASS. Pitt's deadline was Jan 1., so I'd assume it has already reached out to the winning candidates.

Pitt and UMass have reached out to candidates in January, February, and March in previous years according to the Grad Cafe so I think it's a little early to think they're already done.

I'm flying out to Gainesville. ..finally something to report!!

Institution Name: Florida (Warrington)

Concentration: Accounting

Date of Notification: February 5th

Type of Notification: Flyout visit

Notification: by phone

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments:

Congrats! I got my bachelors and masters from there and know the faculty very well. If you need any advice, please feel free to reach out.

Hi all,

I've been checking this thread and gradcafe pretty much non-stop since I discovered them last week, so figured it was time to join the conversation (and hopefully others will too).

Has anyone heard from UT-Austin? This is one of my top choices and I am yet to see anything from them on this site or gradcafe.

Also, does our Michigan acceptee know if they are only making those three offers?

Thanks and good luck to all!

Hi there! I've spoken with UT and they are still in their process, but I think they've had a few phone calls go out. From what I understand, their department is in heavy flux at the moment (Lil Mills is going on sabbatical next year and there are rumors that two of their faculty are leaving, so they're not taking on new tax people next year). That said, a lot of that is just chatter (much like Dhaliwal has been going to retire every year since 2006).

With respect to Michigan, we're doing an admitted student's day flyout, so I am assuming that 3 is the magic number. That said, they also said they have people in the pipeline for if anyone turns them down. So, I would count them as finished for the year, barring something extreme. Sorry to dash anybody's hopes =\

Hi all,

I've been checking this thread and gradcafe pretty much non-stop since I discovered them last week, so figured it was time to join the conversation (and hopefully others will too).

Has anyone heard from UT-Austin? This is one of my top choices and I am yet to see anything from them on this site or gradcafe.

Also, does our Michigan acceptee know if they are only making those three offers?

Thanks and good luck to all!

Hi there! I've spoken with UT and they are still in their process, but I think they've had a few phone calls go out. From what I understand, their department is in heavy flux at the moment (Lil Mills is going on sabbatical next year and there are rumors that two of their faculty are leaving, so they're not taking on new tax people next year).

Yea, the murmurings, from what I'd say are reliable sources, are John Robinson from Texas to Texas A&M and Jeri Seidman from Texas to Virginia-McIntire.

Yea, the murmurings, from what I'd say are reliable sources, are John Robinson from Texas to Texas A&M and Jeri Seidman from Texas to Virginia-McIntire.

I've heard from two different sources that Michael Williams is leaving as well....going to Illinois.