Urch Forums

Fall 2020 PhD start - PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

instajar

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard from the following Quant Marketing programs: UT Austin, Chicago Booth, NYU Stern, Univ of Washington, USC Marshall & UNC Kenan-Flagler? Thanks in advance.

I applied to Booth and Stern quant - have not heard back yet. Has anyone else? Has anyone heard from Wharton, Columbia, MIT, Stanford quant?

Someone posted on gradcafe that Harvard BusEcon has reached out for interviews and Harvard Economics has already offered an acceptance.. How legit do ya'll think is the information?

idk about the acceptance but the BusEcon interview could be real... I know someone who got in last year and was interviewed around the same time.

@phd2020 I know right. Looking at the patterns from the last year, most programs, who interview, contact candidates by end of Jan or sometimes early Feb. Given that they interview so few candidates, I won't be surprised if the interview invites for many programs are already out but hasn't been reported in the gradcafe...

I think those who have received interviews are just not posting...

Someone I know has received on-campus interviews and Skype interviews (top-tier programs). It's just that it aint me... so I am not in the position to reveal which shcools.

being an ostrich burying head in the sand of no news for myself...

I'm also applying to Finance and Business Economics programs. Can anyone confirm the HBS BusEcon interviews on GradCafe are real? Didn't receive any email/phone call from them.... Super nervous now.

For reference, I can confirm the following programs have sent out interviews (either me or someone I know received it)

Kellogg Finance -- sent on Jan. 14

LBS Finance -- sent on Jan. 20

WashU Olin Finance -- sent on Jan. 22

Rochester Finance -- sent on Jan. 22