Urch Forums

720 GMAT - From 500 to 720 (Q48,V41 :: 95%)

TBAY

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I had to pay for access to bellcurves. The cost was $29.95/mo. Depending on where you are in your prep, you may not need it that long. I used it intensely for 1 month.

If I had to start over, I'd do the following:

Qaunt

1. Start w/ MGMAT books (all 7) to build up my fundamentals

2. Begin using TM

3. Go through each problem in OG11 ensuring that I understood the concepts being teested in each question

4. Get Project GMAT (by Veritas) for Comb/Perm/Prob fundamentals (I used to get EVERY question from this category wrong until I bought this book)

5. Sign up with bellcurves

6. Do quant SETS and GPREP intermittently

Verbal

1. MGMAT SC guide

2. GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible (I used to miss 8-10 out of 14 when before I bought this book. The week before my exam, I wasn't missing ANY!)

3. Clintonn verbal notes (a MUST!)

4. Verbal SETS ( A MUST!)

5. Read quality publications daily!

This would be my prescription. One other thing that I'd do is schedule the exam first. This will put a little pressure on you and you will study intensely!

TBAY

I am starting the preparation...I have decided to follow ur advice as mentioned above.

Can ur clear my doubts on the list mentioned

Qaunt

1. Start w/ MGMAT books (all 7) to build up my fundamentals (are u telling manhattan preparation material)

2. Begin using TM (What is TM)

3. Go through each problem in OG11 ensuring that I understood the concepts being teested in each question

4. Get Project GMAT (by Veritas) for Comb/Perm/Prob fundamentals (I used to get EVERY question from this category wrong until I bought this book)

6. Do quant SETS and GPREP intermittently (What is SETS and GPREP)

Verbal

1. MGMAT SC guide (are u telling manhattan preparation material)

2. GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible (I used to miss 8-10 out of 14 when before I bought this book. The week before my exam, I wasn't missing ANY!)

I am starting the preparation.I have decided to follow your advice as mentioned above.

Can you clear my doubts on the list mentioned

Qaunt

1. Start w/ MGMAT books (all 7) to build up my fundamentals (Are you refering manhattan preparation material)

Verbal

I am starting the preparation...I have decided to follow ur advice as mentioned above.

Can ur clear my doubts on the list mentioned

Qaunt

1. Start w/ MGMAT books (all 7) to build up my fundamentals (are u telling manhattan preparation material)

Verbal

!

1. Yes, I'm referring to Manhattan GMAT books in my earlier post

2. TM = Test Magic (this site used to be called Test Magic when I was on it back in the day)

3. The SETS were just pdfs of similar questions to the GMAT...I don't know whether they're still around now though.

4. GPREP was Gmat Prep. It was the software that the official gmat website gives out for free. The interface was exactly like the actual test (from the color of the screen to the timer in the corner). It was great for prep when you did them under real time constraints.

5. Yes, I'm referring to Manhattan Sentence Correction guide. Again, a great resource. That Manhattan Series was critical because I began seemingly not knowing a thing!

HTH

Tbay

• 3 months later...

I would like to have your advice as my GMAT is scheduled to be on 28th March,11.

I am scoring in 750s in most of the mocks but gave GMAT prep yesterday and got 720.

I need atleast 750 so as to bag some scholarship as otherwise I wouldn't be able to fund my education.

Please advice how to keep my cool, and beat the GMAT.