Urch Forums

720 GMAT - From 500 to 720 (Q48,V41 :: 95%)

TBAY

How do I get my hands on Clinnton's famed Sentence Correction sheets?

Lorelai posted one of the docs on page 6. I think you have to have so many posts to access it though. I posted the notes on page 2, but, again, I believe that you have to have so many posts. Start there.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbay,

I read that you recommend the powerscore CR bible. is this book mainly training or are there many practice problems? I am looking for something with strong problems and explanations. Your input would be appreciated.

thanks.

It has a good mixture of both. There are about 7 question after each section, and about 3-4 questions within the each lesson. Also, there are about 14 sections. The book is excellent Shake. It helped raise my hit rate from approx. 60% to 90+%. FYI, the problems in the book are from the LSAT.

Here are a few files that I made after I went through the SETS. These are documents of questions that I got wrong. I would go over them and write out detailed explanations to ensure that I understood what I was doing. Some of these Qs will be very easy for some of you, but they may be that missing piece that makes everything "click" for others. I was going to simply get rid of this stuff, but I thought that someone may benefit.

Tbay

Yes, Actually, we can not before we achieve sufficient post number.

This wasn't in place when I stumbled onto TM. I guess Erin grew weary of people lurking on the site, taking all of the valuable information and never contributing. I guess TM has standards now!

This wasn't in place when I stumbled onto TM. I guess Erin grew weary of people lurking on the site, taking all of the valuable information and never contributing. I guess TM has standards now!

Yeah, I think he is right. People should contribute to site somehow.

Leeching only will violate forums.

I agree with you.

Hey TBAY congrats on yr performance ... from wot i read ... u definitely deserved it ... im close in yr shadows ... 1st attempt 520 2nd attempt 650 ... messed up at the end of the verbal last 9 quest q47 v33... thanks to yr debrief im really motivated to do it again ... cos i know i lost out on time management ... nevertheless i need to focus on certain areas ... like probability and rc ... could u also tell me how to use the bellcurves site ??? thanks

Hey TBAY congrats on yr performance ... from wot i read ... u definitely deserved it ... im close in yr shadows ... 1st attempt 520 2nd attempt 650 ... messed up at the end of the verbal last 9 quest q47 v33... thanks to yr debrief im really motivated to do it again ... cos i know i lost out on time management ... nevertheless i need to focus on certain areas ... like probability and rc ... could u also tell me how to use the bellcurves site ??? thanks

We're in lockstep. I would give you the same advice that I gave ShakeVT: do every problem, if possible. You have a handle on quant right now, but bellcurves would solidify it (It solidified my understanding).

For verbal, use Manhattan SC, SETS, CR Bible (if you are weak here), Clintonn's notes (especially the first 2 documents) and GPREP. With GPREP, you will see many new SCs, CRs and, occasionally, a few new RCs. The SETS are wonderful for RCs and CRs (they are of GMAT caliber).

Incorporate everything into a system, follow a strict study routine and you'll cross that hurdle.

Tbay

If you give me your email address, I'll send you all of the files that I have. I'll try uploading the files again also.

Congrats TBAY!! You have an amazing story of "persistence pays!".. Kudos!! I have been wanting to take the GMAT since a long time but always get stuck mid way.. I hope to carry on this time to final completion..

There are many helpful materials on the web as well as this website. But seems that access is restricted to new joinees.. Could you please upload them on esnips and send us the link. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TBAY...Thanks for the bellcurves tip! I have been using it, and i find it to be a great resource.

On bellcurves...when you did the CAT test quizzes. What level of questions were you consistently seeing? Were you getting up to the "hard" questions(37+), or were you getting up to the "medium" level questions.

I am finding that the medium level questions are still fairly difficult (Much harder than the OG.) ...and i usually end up with a high "medium" score.

Are the "hard" questions equivilent to the 700 type test bin questions? Or are they harder?

@nd8769/terri10222 : I no longer have the notes. If you look at earlier posts, harrydnyc posted links to them.

@VIP: I never used the CAT quizzes. I only used the drills and homework exercises. I literally did every quant problem on the site. I noticed that I was consistently missing the medium/hard/very hard questions. After going through the problems, I began knocking those down though.

The "hard" questions are on 700 level. I saw questions like those on my exam. The fundamentals behind the questions are what you need to focus on. Make sure that you understand how to do overlapping set/Venn diagram Qs. Bellcurves does a nice job explaing those. Also, make sure you can do standard deviation Qs (BC does an excellent job explaining this concept).

Congratulations TBAY .. Your journey from 500-720 is really inspiring.My last GMAT Score was 500 which I took a year n half back for that i studied also for 2 months.BUt the score was really disheartening. I m again planning to take GMAT after a year & half.Did one practice test of GMAT Prep to know where I m.Again scored the same.Don't know how I'm gonna increase my score.It seems that it is really difficult to increase the score from 500-700.I dont know how to improve on my verbal .. I can improve my quant I know.

Thanks TBAY,

You're right.Later on I was able to download all the documents from that link.A wonderful compilation of all important documents.

TBAY I've one more concern.You recommended in the blog -- A good daily publication.Could you please recommend some good publication that probably you used for developing reading n comprehension skills.Also that helps in AWA section.

Thanks TBAY,

You're right.Later on I was able to download all the documents from that link.A wonderful compilation of all important documents.

TBAY I've one more concern.You recommended in the blog -- A good daily publication.Could you please recommend some good publication that probably you used for developing reading n comprehension skills.Also that helps in AWA section.

I read the Wallstreet Journal, but you can read the NY Times online edition (or your local newspaper). Just reading somethign everyday helps you build up stamina and improve your comprehension when you're reading those 50,60 and 70-line RC passages.