Urch Forums

Very sad 620 Q49 V26

Queen09

During the break I was just gathering myself saying "now starts the real battle" (as my verbal was is weakest area). " and then as I said due to some misinterpretation from my side I thought I am 9 mins late. Anxiety shot up. I just rushed through first few questions and probably got them wrong.

bhole ~ you are doing well Don't worry. BE VERY CALM while taking test. I was my bad day.

620 is a score anybody can get even without studying.

I am feeling dumb :(

never feel dumb, i think this test is dumb. even guys from iit (top indian engg school) have got less first time, one guy scored 630, after re-take 750, so don't worry.

I'm sure you can easily pass the 720-730 mark. I think it is more about calming your nerves. I could'nt believe my scores too. Dont judge your ability from the performance only on that day.

The test center I went to in the US did not have native English speakers (I could make this out from their accent), but they were pretty helpful and very responsive when they checked me in and out. There was no problem in getting additional booklets as well.

Anyways, it is always good to keep track of the time on your own. There was a small clock in the test center. I kept track of my time using that clock since we have to put away all our stuff.

WHat!!!

I can't believe this... You are definitely a 700 +++ candidate.. Give the GMAT again...

I am sure it was a bad day. DO not suffice with such a score, You are far much better than 710-720 also.

Let me know if anyone of us can be of any assistance. Btw I don't think so you need any. You are the one to guide us.

Queen,

Hopefully you are getting over the fact and getting ready for the next attempt. Ok question for you. Seems like you did good in maths, 50 would have been better.

Did you find something which u bluffed or rather were not able to solve ?

When you compare the difficulty level of OG 11 to what you saw on your exam, were both pretty comparable. Did that Manhattan DS thing help, were any question at that level.

Was time an issue on Quant ?

bhole

There were a lot of inequalities questions in the mid.Get very deft in picking values. Have to solve by plugging in a lot of conditions, one thing I am not not very comfortable with. I think that was the reason. Apart from that percentages , and other PS Qs were manageable.

WHat!!!

I can't believe this... You are definitely a 700 +++ candidate.. Give the GMAT again...

I am sure it was a bad day. DO not suffice with such a score, You are far much better than 710-720 also.

Let me know if anyone of us can be of any assistance. Btw I don't think so you need any. You are the one to guide us.

hey ...didn't knew I have soooooo many good friends.

Need to figure out how and when to go for it next.

Queen,

this can not be your verbal score. I know how does it feel. something's wrong with GMAT verbal. I know a guy who from DAY-1 was getting 38-40 in MGMAT/GMATPREP etc ended up getting 50 in maths and 19 in Verbal.

The point of concern is this guy, like many other recent test takers has no clue that what went wrong.

Just came back .. scored very low ..

Feeling extremely bad..

What went wrong?

Quant was wasy ..anyone can score 49 to 50.

On my break before verbal, when I came back to the test area the instructor hurridely said "come fast , 9 mins are gone" ,...and I thought 9 mins of the test time are gone. Started the verbal section in a rush and I belive got all initial questions wrong.

Whatever, I don't know what to do next.

Queen09..I m new to this site and have read few of your posts. By going through

those its pretty clear that you have good grasp of the subject... It was just a bad day forget it..I would suggest you to take the GMAT again.

I am also on the same boat...scored 740,730 in GMATPrep(First attempt) but failed miserably on D-Day. I read on some forums that Verbal scores are surprisingly low for many test takers,who wrote tests in July and Aug . I wrote an e-mail to GMAT customer care and got the standard answer that everything is fine.

Well I am also planning to rewrite but it scares me caz my job is very demanding n dnt get much time to study

Queen09..I m new to this site and have read few of your posts. By going through

those its pretty clear that you have good grasp of the subject... It was just a bad day forget it..I would suggest you to take the GMAT again.

I am also on the same boat...scored 740,730 in GMATPrep(First attempt) but failed miserably on D-Day. I read on some forums that Verbal scores are surprisingly low for many test takers,who wrote tests in July and Aug . I wrote an e-mail to GMAT customer care and got the standard answer that everything is fine.

Well I am also planning to rewrite but it scares me caz my job is very demanding n dnt get much time to study

getsetgo

I don't think that "low scores in july /aug" holds any credibilty. As you can already see in the forum, people are scoring well around 750.

Queen, you need to pull up shocks and start fighting again.

Even i have fared badly in my exam scored a 700 though in my mocks i was getting 760-780.

What to say i scored a 48 in Quant (my maths Olympiad medal should be taken back:), i never scored below 51 in my 6 GMAT prep tests i took.I don't know what happened to me during exam.

So dont worry B happy

I would retake again may be after a couple of month from now lets share some study plan to crack it this time

Hey Queenie, come back in style, whenever you feel it's time!

But make it sooner than before u loose tempo!!!

Trust me, get over the mind block and u'll crack it in less than 2 months time.

You know the mettle ur worth!!! and so do we!!!

See ya soon.

Cheers!

Queen..

I came back back after 3-4 days and saw a good news and a bad..

Rockerz 750 was good and ur 620 was bad..

Hey I have seen many of posts and was impressed...Dont go down..You have enough time for apps..

Retake the GMAT as soon as possible as ur flow wont be lost,..

You were doing Good .... Seriously would say come out of it and start preparing...

Best of luck for ur next GMAT score