Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

Institution Name: University of Michigan (Ross)

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: March 19th

Type of Notification: Phone

Notification: Accepted!!!

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: Thrilled! Great research fit, great program, great people!

Congrats! Good luck dude!

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Institution Name: Washington University in St. Louis

Date of Notification: March 10

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Accepted

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes!!!

Comments: I am so excited. I really love the faculty and I think it's a great fit.

First of all, congratulations to you!!!! I have been stalking this forum since day one and it has been great entertainment and support to read all the comments, especially the Tolkien references.

This is going to come off a little blunt, and I apologize for this, but I am wondering if you accepted or is going to accept the Wash U offer. I am on the wait list and I also have a really tight deadline for another school, like super soon. I know they made two offers but I'm not sure where either of those offers stand. Any inkling this forum could give to one or both of those status would be very helpful.

Also congrats to you sheetrockero, your journey has resonated with mine a lot and I was really happy to see you get the Oregon offer.

Finally, as most of us on here, thanks XanthusARES for your diligence in posting helpful, informed, and digestible answers on the Urch forums. I also think I figured out who you are, haha, sorry for snooping but I was curious.

Hello! I was on the shortlist and also did the interview. I ended up withdrawing two weeks later (because I realized I really wanted to go to a different school, regardless of the NYU decision)... so the only information I have is that I had not heard from them in the two weeks between interviewing and my own withdrawal. Sending good vibes your way! Hope it works ok!

Institution Name: Boston University School of Management

Type of Notification: E-mail

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: I accepted the offer. Going to BU!

Congratulations! Such a great feeling to know where you'll be in Fall. But I guess this means you're not heading out my way then...

Institution Name: Washington University in St. Louis

Date of Notification: March 10

Type of Notification: Email

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes!!!

Comments: I am so excited. I really love the faculty and I think it's a great fit.

First of all, congratulations to you.

I am a long time listener but first time caller to this thread, as they might say. It has been great support for me at many times and also humorous at others, especially the Tolkien references.

There is no real way to segue into this but I am on the wait list at Wash U and was wondering if you, Tryingfor2015, have accepted this offer, most likely plan to, or are still in hot debate about it? I heard they made two CB offers and I don't know the status of either. If anyone has any info on what is happening with both or either of the offers it would be GREATLY appreciated. I am on a very, let me stress, very tight deadline from another university about making a decision and would really like to know what would happen with my application to Olin. Sorry, to introduce myself and then ask for something but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Also, I want to say a big congratulations to Sheetrockero on your Oregon acceptance. Your journey has particularly resonated with me.

Finally, thank you to XanthusARES for your diligent and helpful responses to many different threads on this forum!

Edited by tobeornot
grammatical errors

...Also, I want to say a big congratulations to Sheetrockero on your Oregon acceptance. Your journey has particularly resonated with me...

Thanks! Yeah, I don't know what I would have done without this forum for the past several months. Being out of school, I would have been a much weaker applicant without the helpful advice I've received on this forum and I might not have survived the waiting process... pretty sure my head would have spontaneously exploded at some point...

Anyway, it sounds like you might have a non-WUSTL admit already, so congrats! I wish you all the best as you make your decision and be sure to update us when you do!

I am on a very, let me stress, very tight deadline from another university about making a decision and would really like to know what would happen with my application to Olin. Sorry, to introduce myself and then ask for something but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

If that other school is in the US, I don't think they can force you for a decision for another two weeks (4/15). May be helpful to contact Olin and ask for a status/explain the situation. it just may be faster. Could use that to reiterate that Olin is your first choice (which it sounds like it is).

Congrats on your admit though!

Thanks! Yeah, I don't know what I would have done without this forum for the past several months. Being out of school, I would have been a much weaker applicant without the helpful advice I've received on this forum and I might not have survived the waiting process... pretty sure my head would have spontaneously exploded at some point...

Anyway, it sounds like you might have a non-WUSTL admit already, so congrats! I wish you all the best as you make your decision and be sure to update us when you do!

Haha, I know exactly what you mean! Thanks, I'm still trying to process everything and that is why I reached out for the WUSTL CB info because it is an integral part of my decision.

If that other school is in the US, I don't think they can force you for a decision for another two weeks (4/15). May be helpful to contact Olin and ask for a status/explain the situation. it just may be faster. Could use that to reiterate that Olin is your first choice (which it sounds like it is).

Congrats on your admit though!

Thanks! I am aware of the 4/15 rule that is in place and the problem I have, as you have deduced, is that it does not apply with this school (yes, outside the US); hence a bit of my desperation because I won't have time to hear back from everyone and fully weigh my decision. The 4/15 rule is also why, at this point, it is mostly irrelevant to contact WUSTL because the actionable items are all in the hands of the offer holder, and WUSTL can't say or do anything to pressure them (which is good, because they should make the decision they need to).Anyway, This is why I was hoping someone might have the inside scoop on the two offers that are out for WUSTL CB. I don't want someone else to be pressured into making a decision but it would be nice if they could give me a an inkling as to which way things are leaning.

So again, if anyone has any helpful advice about the WUSTL offers and/or my predicament it would be much appreciated!

The only universities I haven't heard from at all are UCSD Rady and UCLA Anderson but I know that Ifollis holds an offer from Rady and Anderson probably sent out other offers. It's a little odd that they won't just send out rejections. I get the whole, lets keep our options wide open thing but c'mon.

USC? I thought you already accepted an offer from there? Or is this South Carolina?@tobeornotIt is weird that you didn`t hear from UCLA. People got their acceptances in February, and rejections in the last couple of days. Maybe you are in the waitlist.

I did but not everyone had heard back so the decision was just on the site (I had my letter sent via email - my status never changed on the website). Figured people may want closure.

And wait - UCLA sent rejections for marketing? When I went to withdraw, I heard nothing. And I got no update either. This same thing happened to me at Duke (WL), yet I was ultimately rejected

Edited by wannabephd

My friend got one last Friday or Saturday. Now that you mention it, maybe it was Management not Marketing. I have to ask. All I know is that he called UCLA at one point and they said they sent all the acceptances in February and he should be ready for the worst. Admission office also said that they will send out rejections no later than March 31st.

My friend got one last Friday or Saturday. Now that you mention it, maybe it was Management not Marketing. I have to ask. All I know is that he called UCLA at one point and they said they sent all the acceptances in February and he should be ready for the worst. Admission office also said that they will send out rejections no later than March 31st.

"be ready for the worst"? Wow.

Maybe ill get my "you didn't need to withdraw, we weren't planning to accept you anyway" email today

The only universities I haven't heard from at all are UCSD Rady and UCLA Anderson but I know that Ifollis holds an offer from Rady and Anderson probably sent out other offers. It's a little odd that they won't just send out rejections. I get the whole, lets keep our options wide open thing but c'mon.

Yeah, I've heard nothing from UCSD, UCLA, and WUSTL. Those are the last 3 that I've yet to hear from.

"be ready for the worst"? Wow.

Maybe ill get my "you didn't need to withdraw, we weren't planning to accept you anyway" email today

I haven't sent any withdrawal notices. I didn't interview at any of the schools I'm waiting to hear from so I'm not expecting to be on a Waitlist. Part of it is curiosity, and part of it is that I paid good money for my official rejection letter and I'm gonna get what I paid for!

I haven't sent any withdrawal notices. I didn't interview at any of the schools I'm waiting to hear from so I'm not expecting to be on a Waitlist. Part of it is curiosity, and part of it is that I paid good money for my official rejection letter and I'm gonna get what I paid for!

Ah see for me it was my ego. Kind of the dating "I know the boy is gonna break up with me so I'll break up with him before he has a chance!"

It's strange that I'll be starting a PhD program, yet the process of applying has brought out 15-year-old behavior.

Ah see for me it was my ego. Kind of the dating "I know the boy is gonna break up with me so I'll break up with him before he has a chance!"

It's strange that I'll be starting a PhD program, yet the process of applying has brought out 15-year-old behavior.

Another part for me is a little OCD. I want to finish checking schools off of my list/ map. I have a map with all the schools that I applied to marked with color coded flags that say "Accepted", "Rejected", or "Waiting". So, that's how I deal with obsession and nervous energy.