Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

Yep, after five years of seriously dating, you end up moving out and marrying one of her best friends (usually with lower standards, but not always). However, after those five years together, you have learned more about yourself as a researcher and you both will have a special place in the other's heart.

I see you happily skipped the "happily" part :)

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, after five years of seriously dating, you end up moving out and marrying one of her best friends (usually with lower standards, but not always). However, after those five years together, you have learned more about yourself as a researcher and you both will have a special place in the other's heart.

The strange thing about this analogy is that the one you dated for 5 years basically spent the whole time grooming you to go marry someone else - and in fact, encouraged it. And if you wound up with a hotter friend than the person you were dating, they would celebrate it very publicly. It would be like the one you were living with gave you tips to play the field. So, they said said "ok, in order for her to be interested, you need to get to the gym (library), look desirable at the bar/club (conferences), learn some new (stats) languages to make yourself seem more worldly, etc."

I'm female and definitely not this understanding in real life...:playful:

UA is a very good school, so is SC. They both have great reputation in the field. Sometimes faculty attritions/new hires are out of your control, and I actually don't think it is that critical (unless your advisor is leaving). It could happen in any of your years, so don't feel sad. Are you now dec iding between UA and SC? Did you decline your offer from VT?

I am going to SC now. Just follow my gut. And I have declined my offers from VT and UA.

Did anyone on here make the post about Oregon on Grad Cafe. I thought they had two slots this year!?!?

Congratulations on your acceptance and keeping the chickens! I did not make the post, but I am also accepted to UO (marketing). I am still thinking (and will talk to my advisor this week), but I hope to decide soon! I don't know how many other people have interviewed / were offered admission, unfortunately.

Congratulations on your acceptance and keeping the chickens! I did not make the post, but I am also accepted to UO (marketing). I am still thinking (and will talk to my advisor this week), but I hope to decide soon! I don't know how many other people have interviewed / were offered admission, unfortunately.

Let me know if you decide to attend or visit before deciding. I'd be more than happy to show you around town and cook you a home grown meal!

They mentioned that they interviewed 5 people for 2 slots.

Institution Name: University of Chicago

Concentration: Marketing

Date of Notification: March 10

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Rejected

Posted on GradCafe?: No

Comments: Only NYU left to hear back from. Great program, but don't think I would've fit well anyways.

Comments: Only NYU left to hear back from. Great program, but don't think I would've fit well anyways.

Have you heard back from Columbia yet?

Bummer. I was about to make a comment about how cold it is in Chicago then I remembered you live in Canada. Good thing you have some great options!

No, surprisingly. But no rejection either (and I know they've been doing rejections).

I wonder if you're on an unofficial waitlist

Institution Name: Washington University in St. Louis

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Notification: Accepted

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes!!!

Comments: I am so excited. I really love the faculty and I think it's a great fit.

CONGRATS!!!!!! I saw that and was hoping it was you!!!!

Comments: I am so excited. I really love the faculty and I think it's a great fit.

That's AWESOME! Congrats!

Big gratz bro/sis! I have a friend doing phd in finance at wuslt and the b-school there is simply amazing. I heard Olin has tons and tons of dough. It must be packed with research funding!