Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

I've been wondering the same about USC. Haven't seen anything come from them this year, but in the past it seems like they started moving in late Jan.

Same with a lot of my schools...either they're only interviewing like 2 people each and those 2 don't post to gradcafe or here, or they're already a week or two later than other years. On the other hand, 2 of my schools are already ahead of past years' schedules, so who knows?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with a lot of my schools...either they're only interviewing like 2 people each and those 2 don't post to gradcafe or here, or they're already a week or two later than other years. On the other hand, 2 of my schools are already ahead of past years' schedules, so who knows?

Oh yeah! Last admission cycle most of the schools only started giving out interviews in the second week of February. I am fairly certain that the same will happen this year too. Only weird thing is that USC had a super early priority deadline, and even some other programs had a December deadline. The thing with even 2 people getting an interview invite is that you still end up hearing some news about the program. I also don't think any of them will interview just 2. :) So, some hopes there!

Not yet. They said it will take a week or so for them to deliberate. Have you heard anything?

I haven't heard anything back about the article review or second rounds either. Good luck guys!

OK, that makes me feel better. I've been checking my e-mail about every 5 minutes hoping to hear back from them. I feel like a Middle Schooler waiting to hear back from my first crush.

OK, that makes me feel better. I've been checking my e-mail about every 5 minutes hoping to hear back from them. I feel like a Middle Schooler waiting to hear back from my first crush.

You're better than me. I told someone I feel like a teenage girl..."why hasn't he called? WHY HASN'T HE CALLED YET?" :crushed::sorrow:

"INSEAD, mon amour..."

You're better than me. I told someone I feel like a teenage girl..."why hasn't he called? WHY HASN'T HE CALLED YET?" :crushed::sorrow:

Yes, both of you, I feel the same way.

"INSEAD, mon amour..."

Yes, both of you, I feel the same way.

I'm so glad this forum exists! Misery (or maybe just anxiety) loves company. Hopefully we'll all have something to celebrate at the end.

It's funny, right now we're all anonymous strangers, but we'll probably all end up meeting each other at conferences and such in the future.

Institution Name: HEC Paris

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: February 5th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Acceptance

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments : Had a very relaxed interview before and loved my potential supervisor

----

Well, certainly not "INSEAD, mon amour..." but her French arch-rival. Good enough for me :)

Comments : Had a very relaxed interview before and loved my potential supervisor

----

Well, certainly not "INSEAD, mon amour..." but her French arch-rival. Good enough for me :)

Congrats! That's great!

----

Congratulations!!!

I'm so glad this forum exists! Misery (or maybe just anxiety) loves company. Hopefully we'll all have something to celebrate at the end.

It's funny, right now we're all anonymous strangers, but we'll probably all end up meeting each other at conferences and such in the future.

I know! So excited for this forum and to be in the same field as you guys.

----

Congratulations! What great news!

btw, UMD is on the move.

UT Austin has started moving too.

I'm assuming you guys got an invite then? Congrats! I see nothing on TGC and I've been going with a "if it's not on TGC, it doesn't exist" mentality - which I know is wrong.

Speaking of TGC, looks like Kellogg has started (at least on quant)

Sorry, but I always get confused. UMD is Maryland or Minnesota Duluth?

No offense but I would be very surprised if UMD turns out abbreviated for Minnesota Duluth.

And thanks all the bros/sis for your congratulations. Best of luck to everyone! And if somebody end-up landing at INSEAD, I would love to sit down with you for some French dining in Paris. :)

----

I missed this, but CONGRATS!

No offense but I would be very surprised if UMD turns out abbreviated for Minnesota Duluth.

And thanks all the bros/sis for your congratulations. Best of luck to everyone! And if somebody end-up landing at INSEAD, I would love to sit down with you for some French dining in Paris. :)

lol thanks!

I googled "UMD". The first results were University of Maryland (I did my MBA there, so that's where my mind goes when I see UMD), but halfway down the page it had results for University of Minnesota, Duluth. UMN Duluth refers to itself as "UMD" on the website, but their (unfortunate) web address is www. d.umn. edu

I googled "UMD". The first results were University of Maryland (I did my MBA there, so that's where my mind goes when I see UMD), but halfway down the page it had results for University of Minnesota, Duluth. UMN Duluth refers to itself as "UMD" on the website, but their (unfortunate) web address is www. d.umn. edu

This is hilarious. I feel the same way with lots of acronyms of schools depending on where you are. Example: on TGC, someone is asking if "USC" interviews meant University of Southern California or University of South Carolina. Also, OSU = Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, etc...

This is hilarious. I feel the same way with lots of acronyms of schools depending on where you are. Example: on TGC, someone is asking if "USC" interviews meant University of Southern California or University of South Carolina. Also, OSU = Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, etc...

You forgot my favorite 'UM'. Miami? Minnesota? Michigan?

There is also UT. Texas? Tennessee?