Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

Yeah NYU, Columbia and Northwestern seem to have forgotten my interview invitations as well. Also I'm still trying to figure out what went down with Wharton and this whole rejection email mishap. Oversights are all over the place this year ;-)

I know right! Seems like Duke also may have "forgotten" my invite. Clearly their system is broken. I wish they would have called their IT Help Desk Support people to make sure that all the invites they were supposed to send out were in fact sent out...

;)

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/i]

Institution Name: Michigan (Ross)

Concentration: Marketing

Date of Notification: January 20th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Skype Interview

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: First one, nervous but excited! Interview scheduled for next week. Don't know exact # of other people they're interviewing, but they listed 23 interview slots.

Hey is it Quant or CB?

You can't see it, but your beard in the profile pic actually forms the letters "CB" :)

actually, I knew you were CB, but I may have read all of last year's threads...just maybe

Yeah, your beard totally gave it away. :D I swear I have not searched for your old posts. You just have a very "poet" look (versus a "quant" one).

My schools are on a later timeframe - haha. (I've had some interviews, and now I wait.) I am hoping for an update with an acceptance next week! Fingers crossed

I have really started to feel like the admissions process (especially the waiting) is some form of hazing. Stick it out; we have just a few more weeks. I am hopeful that we, and the other persistent urchians, will be joining the field in 2015 and I will be eagerly awaiting the opportunity to congratulate you on your first admit :)

I'm bored and looking at school websites now. Has anyone noticed the size of Kellogg's first year class? I thought it was 10 at one point, but looks like there's 8. And generally 3-4 in the other years. Does anyone know if they normally admit that many people?

Nearly all of the students that were admitted last year accepted, which I'm assuming is not what usually happens.

The first year class started with 8 (6 cb, 2 q) and still have 8. The people that left were from other years and were still included on the first year list for awhile.

Kellogg kicked out 7 students from 2nd year to 4th year last autumn.

This is not true. 4 students left, not 7

Any news for UCLA CB?

Any news for INSEAD CB after paper review?

Sigh......

Uh oh... after paper review? Sounds like I need to cross INSEAD off my list. I was told this week that they would have a shortlist by *hopefully* next week, but the old INSEAD Marketing posts on gradcafe show only rejections post-feb.

Edited by Tryingfor2015

Nearly all of the students that were admitted last year accepted, which I'm assuming is not what usually happens.

The first year class started with 8 (6 cb, 2 q) and still have 8. The people that left were from other years and were still included on the first year list for awhile.

Ah, so your yield was super high. Still means my theory of "too many said yes so there's no space for me this coming fall" might be true. :)

I have really started to feel like the admissions process (especially the waiting) is some form of hazing. Stick it out; we have just a few more weeks. I am hopeful that we, and the other persistent urchians, will be joining the field in 2015 and I will be eagerly awaiting the opportunity to congratulate you on your first admit :)

Aww, thanks! I'm eagerly awaiting the opportunity to announce my first admit! :)