Urch Forums

2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

CBHopeful2016

Id say some professors are better than the others in meeting the deadline and following up with students' requests.

I personally had to email one particular professor numerous times in order to have the rec sent on time, whereas other professors submitted just a week two after I asked for the rec.

But hey what is done is done so let's be positive.

It sure seems like schools are taking more time to send out results / interview requests than did previous years.

The struggle to keep calm is real!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, University of Florida - Management program sent out interview invite according to the gradcafe.

If I did not receive an email does that mean I did not make it? At least not in the first batch of students?

U of Florida sent out for Marketing?

btw, does anybody know if desk rejects are informed early or towards the end of the admission cycle?

A lot of times you are not informed of a rejection, desk reject or not. If you do hear, generally it will be late in the season, with a few exceptions where schools send out mass rejects beginning mid-February. This is, of course, in my experience. Others may have different opinions on the matter.

A lot of times you are not informed of a rejection, desk reject or not. If you do hear, generally it will be late in the season, with a few exceptions where schools send out mass rejects beginning mid-February. This is, of course, in my experience. Others may have different opinions on the matter.

Really? So your application is kind of lost into the ether and a lack of response will tell you that the game is over?

I hope this is the correct place to ask. I received an offer from one of my top 6 choice schools (accounting). I recently received an invitation for a skype interview from lets say my 12th choice school (I applied to 16). Should I still do the interview? And if not, what is a nice way to say "no thank you".

Thanks

I hope this is the correct place to ask. I received an offer from one of my top 6 choice schools (accounting). I recently received an invitation for a skype interview from lets say my 12th choice school (I applied to 16). Should I still do the interview? And if not, what is a nice way to say "no thank you".

Thanks

I would absolutely do the skype interview. Some schools should almost always be chosen over others, but preference and fit matter a lot. You could talk to some professors at school 12 and find out that you like the school better than you thought for whatever reason. Don't eliminate options without gathering enough information.

On a side note - If you are really sure that you aren't going to go to a school and aren't open to changing your mind, then a skype interview might be ok, but don't go out there. It is a waste of time and other resources for everyone involved. I know of a student that visited somewhere thinking that they would get into a better place (and they did get into a good school), so they didn't take the day too seriously. It left a bad impression and academia is a small social circle.

Thanks

Hi Zap,

Congrats on the offer. Can you share which schools these are? I have applied to some of the same schools as you.

First rejection came from Wharton.

I think Wharton made their decision for all BPhD program.

Those of you who got interview, congrats!

On the upside they told you upfront. Anyhow Wharton and Harvards are long shots even for the best of candidates. I am sure you will get positive news from other places. I am waiting for my own rejection from UChicago which they haven't sent yet.

I am dreading the fact if what Xanthes said is true. That you never hear from them on the rejection.

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to put it. But I received an invitation from kansas u for campus visit after the first phone interview. I know this school is not top rank school. But I really appreciate they gave me this opportunity and let me knew so early. Do you guys think I should take two days off and go for the campus visit since I'm full time? And how is the finance phd program of KU?

Thanks!

I got a skype interview from Wharton on Wednesday, asking for my Thursday or Friday schedule, but I found it on Friday so I ended up replying late and asked for a reschedule.

Do you think this will hurt me? I feel like a fool for not checking my email earlier.

Also, do any of you know what I should expect from the interview? Will it be technical? How many people who get interviewed ultimately get accepted?

Very anxious!

I got a skype interview from Wharton on Wednesday, asking for my Thursday or Friday schedule, but I found it on Friday so I ended up replying late and asked for a reschedule.

Do you think this will hurt me? I feel like a fool for not checking my email earlier.

Also, do any of you know what I should expect from the interview? Will it be technical? How many people who get interviewed ultimately get accepted?

Very anxious!

Congrats! Wharton is great whatever forks you are in. I imagine they will schedule with you at a tone that works.

I didn't get an interview there, but from what I remember they end up taking like half of the people they interview, maybe less.

What field? That would help with the technical question. But generally, no, interviews don't get into details of economic theory, or whatever technical means to you.

Congrats! Wharton is great whatever forks you are in. I imagine they will schedule with you at a tone that works.

I didn't get an interview there, but from what I remember they end up taking like half of the people they interview, maybe less.

What field? That would help with the technical question. But generally, no, interviews don't get into details of economic theory, or whatever technical means to you.

Thanks. I applied for Marketing. By technical, I meant that whether the professors would ask in-depth questions about research, as opposed to asking general questions about my motivation for applying, etc.

I was surprised to hear from Wharton because my GRE is not too high (~90%). Wharton is my dream school so I am nervous and excited.

Thanks. I applied for Marketing. By technical, I meant that whether the professors would ask in-depth questions about research, as opposed to asking general questions about my motivation for applying, etc.

I was surprised to hear from Wharton because my GRE is not too high (~90%). Wharton is my dream school so I am nervous and excited.

Congratulations for getting the interview from Wharton!

Hope you don't mind. Are you CB or quant?