Urch Forums

2019 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

tm_associate

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received a rejection for U-Mich Ross Management And Organizations. As I said on Gradcafe, it's interesting that they sent out the email on a Saturday. I understand how competitive it is to get into a top OB/Management PhD program so I'm not surprised. However, rejection always stings/hurts. Congrats to those who received good news!!

Has anyone heard from Harvard Management, Columbia Management, NYU Management, Northwestern M&O, Berkeley MORS, Yale Org & Mgmt or Duke Mgmt & Org?

Someone did post a Kellogg MORS acceptance on GradCafe today so I bet that means Kellogg will send out other notifications this week.

Hi my accounting people: Has anyone heard from NYU, USC, OSU, Georgia, Rice or Maryland? I am holding another offer for quite sometime and wonder if I should accept or keep waiting for other schools.

Rice sent out campus visit invitations already... I'm also waiting for USC.

I check this thread so often at work it's become my number one shortcut on chrome (the second and third are both grad cafe), so I figured I should say hi and vocally commiserate instead of silently.

Really hoping to get some more solid news in the next week or so, if only to help me stop compulsively checking grad cafe. I had an interview at Kellogg Marketing (quant) a couple weeks back. I don't feel that I did a very good job though, especially since I usually think of myself as being good at interviewing. Hopefully they were more generous in their appraisal.

Really hoping to get an interview at Rice :( :( Did you receive the invitation from Rice? NYU seems to send out interview invite today according to gradcafe.

Yes, I'm visiting Rice in two weeks. Don't lose hope! I'm sure more schools will be moving this month.

Just an update from my end -

Had Interviews at two universities so far, both in Management area:

1. UW Madison - two rounds of interviews - they said that results can be expected by second or third week of Feb

2. Erasmus (ERIM) - One interview - they said they would get back with updates soon

Fingers crossed. All the best to everybody!!

Has anyone heard from Harvard Management, Columbia Management, NYU Management, Northwestern M&O, Berkeley MORS, Yale Org & Mgmt or Duke Mgmt & Org?

I got emails from 2 faculty in NYU Management on 02/05, to touch base about research interests/questions -- in case that is helpful! I'm a strategy-focused applicant.

I got emails from 2 faculty in NYU Management on 02/05, to touch base about research interests/questions

Very interesting! Just "touching base" as opposed to "we are happy to invite you to the next stage of the process..." Hmmm...do keep us posted if you do ask about or otherwise find any process-related information.

Very interesting! Just "touching base" as opposed to "we are happy to invite you to the next stage of the process..." Hmmm...do keep us posted if you do ask about or otherwise find any process-related information.

Yep, it is interesting. Duke Fuqua's Strategy program also took this approach. It seems like the interview phase can be more or less formal, depending on the institution, and it may even vary at the department level. I will let you know what I hear about timeline and process!

Has anyone heard from INSEAD OB, MIT Organizational Studies, Columbia Management, Stanford OB, HBS OB?

No for all of them. I am surprised how quiet GradCafe is in general for Management/OB. I mean, after Ross sent out rejections this weekend for M&O, only two people posted their rejections.