Urch Forums

2019 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

tm_associate

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am new to this forum. It gives me peace to be here. Does submitting the application on the last date create a negative impression? Is there any way to convey to the ad comm that it was due to being busy and not because of lack of motivation to pursue the program?

It's great to sweat together. I am kinda stressed out.

Hello, I am new to this forum. It gives me peace to be here. Does submitting the application on the last date create a negative impression? Is there any way to convey to the ad comm that it was due to being busy and not because of lack of motivation to pursue the program?

I think it's fine as long as you submit it before the deadline.

I guarantee the majority of faculty don't even know when you submitted at all. As long as it was in before the deadline, no need to worry. Good luck!

I've heard the following updates (ALL for micro OB/Management):

• Wharton--Sent out all invites "earlier this week"
  • NYU Stern--Starting to review applications next week
  • Fuqua--Haven't began reviewing yet
  • Columbia-- In the "midst" of reviewing

Have you (or anybody) heard any news regarding marketing CB? I just saw Toronto CB acceptance on grad cafe.

I am getting so scared cuz I havent heard back from any..

Have you (or anybody) heard any news regarding marketing CB? I just saw Toronto CB acceptance on grad cafe.

I am getting so scared cuz I havent heard back from any..

on grad cafe it says people received from UT, UBC, Northwestern, UPenn, Harvard so far for CB. I personally received it for Northwestern + UBC for CB.

For Marketing (not sure if its quant or CB), I think Boston University, University of Arizona moved as well.

don't worry too much i think some schools didn't start reviewing yet.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I also applied for UBC, which is one of my top choices. Congrats on interview offers! Did they reach you via email? Do you know if they are planning to send out any other interview invitations? Also, would you mind sharing the questions they asked?

Thanks for encouragement, but seeing few of the schools sending out interviews while I didnt receive any makes me nervous..

I am curious how you heard the update on Wharton. I have not seen any interview invites for Wharton Management PhD on GradCafe.

I am receiving emails that my application is complete and being forwarded to business department after several weeks I submitted my application.. Is this another form of rejection? Or is it simply an update that they are in the process of reviewing my application?

I am receiving emails that my application is complete and being forwarded to business department after several weeks I submitted my application.. Is this another form of rejection? Or is it simply an update that they are in the process of reviewing my application?

This is just an update, pretty typical procedure although not all schools inform applicants about it. No need to stress about it.

This is just an update, pretty typical procedure although not all schools inform applicants about it. No need to stress about it.

thanks for your reply! I was stressed because there is an interview post on grad cafe. I guess while some get interview some applications were not even reviewed yet. Or may be the grad cafe post is fake.. any thoughts? idk, this process is so stressful.

thanks for your reply! I was stressed because there is an interview post on grad cafe. I guess while some get interview some applications were not even reviewed yet. Or may be the grad cafe post is fake.. any thoughts? idk, this process is so stressful.

It may be fake, but different applications can go through different procedures with different timelines. What is the truth for this case, I have no way to know and still this wouldn't change the fact that we don't know what's going to happen to your application.

Yeah, it's pretty stressful, we have all gone through that process too. And it's just beginning. We are still in January, there is a long way until April. And if you are accepted, you can expect many more years of stress.

Thanks for the update. Guess that means a lot of rejections will come soon?

Maybe. But Gradcafe shows that someone transferred from waitlist to accept in April. By the way, have you heard other schools? The web page of Ross says invites will be sent out by Jan 18. The pool is more competitive than I thought.

Maybe. But Gradcafe shows that someone transferred from waitlist to accept in April. By the way, have you heard other schools? The web page of Ross says invites will be sent out by Jan 18. The pool is more competitive than I thought.

Hi there,

May I ask which website you are referring to? Do you mean application submit website?

I read on Gradcafe that UWash Foster has sent out interview invites for the strategic management track. I have applied there but for the OB track and havent heard anything from them yet (their deadline was 15th jan). Both are within the Management area - so are there separate committees which look at two different tracks within the same area or just one committee which looks at both. Basically, do I still have a chance?

Thanks guys for suggestions. I feel better about the submission now. On a new note, I can't seem to find the 18th Jan info on the Ross website. Best of luck to the ones who already got invited for interview or admission. For the rest of us, has anyone ever got direct admit through notification in March or April with no prior movement in Jan or Feb?