Urch Forums

2019 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

tm_associate

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! Just curious if anyone else was contacted by UCLA Anderson (GEM) and UC Berkeley Haas (Business & Public Policy) recently? There are no posts on the grad cafe. I was contacted by both for a short skype tête-à-têtes (can't call them interviews even) this week and I have been wondering ever since if this is the usual step of the admission process at these schools or are they just "ground searching". Thanks!

Great, mine were 10-12 min too. They just asked about my interests, what my plans are and what is the probability that I will attend conditional on them extending me an offer. Hope it's a good sign. I think that the delay with replies this year has something to do with the shutdown. Now that it is over for at least a month, we might hear from a bunch of schools next week!

I had an interview with Wharton Marketing (CB) 2 weeks ago... they said they'd be interviewing through Jan and would make decisions mid Feb.

Congrats on the interview.

Do you know how many people they are interviewing?

Someone got an interview invite yesterday (Quant though) guess its not yet over.