Urch Forums

2019 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

tm_associate

I read on Gradcafe that UWash Foster has sent out interview invites for the strategic management track. I have applied there but for the OB track and havent heard anything from them yet (their deadline was 15th jan). Both are within the Management area - so are there separate committees which look at two different tracks within the same area or just one committee which looks at both. Basically, do I still have a chance?

According to the notes that I've written down from urch and gradcafe, one offer or reject? was sent out on March 15, 2018. Just hope we still have a chance at this point.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder something. I see lots of schools went through applications and invited people to interviews, for example, Georgia, Berkeley, North Carolina, Wharton. If we are not one of the invited applicants, does it mean an end for that particular school? Do schools continue interviewing later or they just decide who to admit and then stop there?

If they stop, that means, I got rejected from all of the above :)

I wonder something. I see lots of schools went through applications and invited people to interviews, for example, Georgia, Berkeley, North Carolina, Wharton. If we are not one of the invited applicants, does it mean an end for that particular school? Do schools continue interviewing later or they just decide who to admit and then stop there?

Yes, most of the time that would implicitly mean a rejection. However, there are rare cases when schools would send additional invites later on.

Yes, most of the time that would implicitly mean a rejection. However, there are rare cases when schools would send additional invites later on.

Ah, refreshing :D I guess it's a good thing to figure out the rejections early than later. But I'm also kind of suspicious that some of the Gradcafe results might be fake.

Does anyone know how many people harvard usually interviews for quant marketing? I saw only two interview invites in gradcafe, mine being one of them. Trying to work the odds... gotta hold my nerves! :crushed:

Hi Pradla, I'm the other guy lol. Mine was especially short (about 12 mins) and one of the professors doesn't look impressed by my answer to her "why marketing" question. How did yours go?

Hi everyone! Glad to meet you here!

Hi Pradla, I'm the other guy lol. Mine was especially short (about 12 mins) and one of the professors doesn't look impressed by my answer to her "why marketing" question. How did yours go?

Hello mkboy... Mine was quite short as well! about 14 mins! Towards the end all profs were like do you have any more questions? nope nope and done! I'm completely unable to gauge how it went! Know anyone else who got HBS interview?

Hey guys! I am the other one - but I'm in CB / Behavioral track!

Hi, would you mind sharing which major are you talking about?

Have a bet with my girlfriend that today is the day... Last Friday of the month... all of the due dates are over for those that had Mid-Jan cut-offs...

Can't decide if the silence is good or bad. Will go with... silence means I haven't been rejected yet.