krovvidy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Krovvidy,

I really appreciate all advices you give to us. Taking some of them, I am religiously working on SET21-31, but I have a problem with accuracy of their key answers. Do you have something more accurate? (Perhaps your own version) That would really help us not only to reduce our time to check them but also to improve our understanding of each question.

Thank you so much.

Best,

Hi Krovvidy,

I have the same question as TATUM puts in his above post.....Do you mind sharing your version of correct OA for the set 21-31 and also post the set 21-31 that you used during your preparation.....especially for verbal.....

Please help!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,

S

@TaTum & @sgmat - I really wish I had retained the correct OAs of those SETS. I used to print the SETS and mark the answers, and once I was done with the test - I didn't bother to file those sheets as well. Sorry folks.

@sgmat - PM me your troubles with verbal section. I'll try my best to help you.

Good Luck.

Thanks ve_boss. To say the least, you're one of the biggest inspirations for many re-takers on this forum. You showed me the way.

How have you been? And are you done with apps? Any admits?

Hi Krovvidy,

I've just got a call from one of my first choice schools. I'm in at Chicago Booth !

What about you?

Congratulations ve_boss. "Booth" is an awesome school. It's consistently listed in world's top-10 b-schools. I am sure you must be elated.

I've just applied to one school - which is ISB, Hyderabad (India). I'll wait for its result till Feb 1st week and then I have a couple other options in Asia. I am not applying anywhere else. So, fingers crossed for now.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Krovvidy

Hi Krovvidy,

I've just got a call from one of my first choice schools. I'm in at Chicago Booth !

What about you?

That's fine, Krovvidy. But could you please give me a reference for the number of targeted incorrect questions to achieve 700+, especially for Verbal section? Currently, my performance is decent >5 wrong for Quan, but unpleasant 10~15 false for Verbal ^^;

Best,

Check this thread: http://www.www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gmat/106808-need-some-info-graded-verbal-math-scores.html

Don't get too worked up. Keep your cool. Stick to the basics and improve on your weak areas. You'll do well in Verbal too.

Best

K

That's fine, Krovvidy. But could you please give me a reference for the number of targeted incorrect questions to achieve 700+, especially for Verbal section? Currently, my performance is decent >5 wrong for Quan, but unpleasant 10~15 false for Verbal ^^;

Best,

:tup: Excellent score. The last time i took it i got a 590 though i knew i deserved more.:hmm: I have decided to take the test around jan 16 2009. Your post reinforced the fact that i have nothing to lose but only to gain by trying and giving my best. Thanks again. [clap]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'd attribute the following reasons to my score betterment:

1. Better time management (I learnt & practiced a time slicing mechanism that suited me

2. Practicing representative material for Verbal (SETS 21-30 certainly helped)

3. Not getting flustered with any section or question (after the way my AWA ended, I really had to calm my nerves ... and I was also thinking that I messed up Quant too)

4. Last but not the least, clear understanding of the areas of improvement before restarting the prep

Easier said than done! It entirely depends on your "application" on the d-day. Good Luck.

Regards

Krovvidy

Krovvidy,

What do you think you did different the second time? What do you think caused the jump from 680 to 740? Was it just nervousness the first time and a lack of understanding of the scoring system?

@John ... apart from Manhattan SC and OG11, I've not used any other SC material. However, I saw TaTum posting some useful stuff here:

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gmat/107426-700-q49-v35-finally-im-done-gmat-2.html#post692395

However, I'd still suggest you to persist with MGMAT SC.

Hey congrats for d score...

Cud u suggest something to improve on SC skills...

Manhattan hasnt brought a lot of improvement...

Good Luck TaTum. I am very happy for you. Also, it's my pleasure to have helped in some way.

Krovvidy, thank you very much! I finally scored 700 (Q49, V35)! SET 21-30 really helped!

All the best,

Thanks everyone for wishing me well. I infact did just fine in my interview for the only school I've applied to. Fingers crossed while I await my result.