Urch Forums

2016 PhD Business Administration Sweat Thread

CBHopeful2016

It seems as if everyone is very frustrated at this point.

I will give some update.

University of Florida - Management (OB) sent out their preliminary decision today.

I was first rejected then got an email from the coordinator saying it was a mistake and I am being further considered.

I am guessing the decision will come out rather quick.

Fingers crossed, but I too am very nervous about not having any admission so far.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard back from Duke or Yale accounting?

Both have interviews on the grad cafe. I tend to believe those posts are accurate. I also know someone that had interviewed with Duke.

Just because you haven't heard doesn't mean you are out for sure though. I ended up talking to Duke in late match for the first time.

It seems as if everyone is very frustrated at this point.

I will give some update.

University of Florida - Management (OB) sent out their preliminary decision today.

I was first rejected then got an email from the coordinator saying it was a mistake and I am being further considered.

I am guessing the decision will come out rather quick.

Fingers crossed, but I too am very nervous about not having any admission so far.

University of Florida's application was probably the weirdest for me. Didn't even get back any reply when i emailed them.

Both have interviews on the grad cafe. I tend to believe those posts are accurate. I also know someone that had interviewed with Duke.

Just because you haven't heard doesn't mean you are out for sure though. I ended up talking to Duke in late match for the first time.

Thanks YaSvoboden!

I am a finance phd applicant. I got an email from University of MaryLand Smith School of Business stating following. Can someone confirm whether they have sent this email to every applicant or a select group of applicants who they are considering for interviews?

• "We want to thank you for your patience as we are in the middle of our admissions review process. Please understand that each field of study has a unique admission review process. Also, please note that our interview selection(s) does not always reflect our admission selection(s) and we may interview at any point in the admission review process.

At this time, we will no longer update any application materials. If there is a concern by the admissions selection committee, you may be contacted directly.

Again, we appreciate your patience and will do our best to communicate with you as information becomes available. Our goal is to have some notifications sent out by end of February. "

I am a finance phd applicant. I got an email from University of MaryLand Smith School of Business stating following. Can someone confirm whether they have sent this email to every applicant or a select group of applicants who they are considering for interviews?

• "We want to thank you for your patience as we are in the middle of our admissions review process. Please understand that each field of study has a unique admission review process. Also, please note that our interview selection(s) does not always reflect our admission selection(s) and we may interview at any point in the admission review process.

At this time, we will no longer update any application materials. If there is a concern by the admissions selection committee, you may be contacted directly.

Again, we appreciate your patience and will do our best to communicate with you as information becomes available. Our goal is to have some notifications sent out by end of February. "

Looks like a standard email that has gone out to all applicants. I too received the same email.

Even I received this. I'm a marketing cb applicant. I think its just a normal mail. I am not drawing any conclusions from this.

I had an interview last week and was assured several times that the decision will be made by Friday of last week or by the beginning of this week. I was also asked when I can accept the offer in case of admission. The interview went pretty well, I liked the Faculty a lot.

However, I have not received an email from them yet. One week has already passed. Does this mean that I can already give up this school? :crushed:

I had an interview last week and was assured several times that the decision will be made by Friday of last week or by the beginning of this week. I was also asked when I can accept the offer in case of admission. The interview went pretty well, I liked the Faculty a lot.

However, I have not received an email from them yet. One week has already passed. Does this mean that I can already give up this school? :crushed:

same anxiety here. Interviewed last Wednesday and did not hear anything. finger crossed

same anxiety here. Interviewed last Wednesday and did not hear anything.

I had an interview 2 weeks ago, was told they're interviewing short list of 10 candidates out of 120 applicants. Didn't hear back. Assumption is that it's gone.

I've been told the aside from applicants a school really wants to grab, that the majority of decisions fall February 15 to March 15.

Will remain patient till mid March...

I had an interview 2 weeks ago, was told they're interviewing short list of 10 candidates out of 120 applicants. Didn't hear back. Assumption is that it's gone.

I've been told the aside from applicants a school really wants to grab, that the majority of decisions fall February 15 to March 15.

Will remain patient till mid March...

The professor interviewed me said that they would have a final result in 10 or 12 days. Could you send an email asking the professors? That professor said I could email her if I need make a decision earlier. So I assume that it won't hurt if you send a kind email asking about their decisions.

INSEAD and Michigan Ross School used to send interviews for finance Phd around 27-30th January every year. I have not seen anything on gradcafe from these schools till now.

If anyone has received an interview invite from INSEAD or Michigan, please tell us. That will help me marking INSEAD/Michigan in the list of schools which have effectively rejected me. Thanks.

just interested whether this is common experience that they come back later than promised or it means this is the end :/

i am sure it's a common experience. I have heard that many times the PhD coordinator needs to put the decision is front of the full faculty. With all of their varied schedules, I guess this meeting often takes more time to setup. I try not to read into any of these 'signs', but alas I fail. :)

The professor interviewed me said that they would have a final result in 10 or 12 days. Could you send an email asking the professors? That professor said I could email her if I need make a decision earlier. So I assume that it won't hurt if you send a kind email asking about their decisions.

I was told the same thing, but I'm holding off as I don't have an offer from anyone else.

i am sure it's a common experience. I have heard that many times the PhD coordinator needs to put the decision is front of the full faculty. With all of their varied schedules, I guess this meeting often takes more time to setup. I try not to read into any of these 'signs', but alas I fail. :)

This is exactly correct. Try not to read into any signs. The wheels of academia move slowly and at their own pace.

Hi folks. I had good interviews with couple of schools that I would love to go to. But they are playing the waiting game. Discussions are along the lines of "If we make an offer will you definitely join us? We do not want to take a chance.....can you update how things are shaping up in other schools......". Now, I take it as a positive signal that they want to give an offer. At this juncture, am I risking anything by waiting longer to hear from other schools. I still have not heard from 70% of the schools that I applied to and do not want to rush into a decision with respect to these two schools. Anyone in a similar situation or has experienced something like this? Any advice?