Urch Forums

2019 Admission Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to chime in here just to say good luck to everyone over the next few weeks! Most importantly, make sure to take care of yourself in what can be a very anxious period. This is advice I did not heed myself when I applied. If you find constant checking of urch or gradcafe or your email to be more anxiety-inducing than exciting, find a way to actively distract yourself. Go to the gym, hang out with friends, spend time reading away from your phone/laptop, even focus more on your work. I think actively getting your mind into another space can help.

I personally had an awful experience with the anxiety around this time, and I suspect this is not uncommon - and probably more common than it may seem when you're going through it. So know that a lot of folks will be anxious, that's normal. And it's possible to curb that with some effort.

Again, best of luck!

I didn't notice any information about interviews on the websites either. But a lot of departments in other universities, such as UC Santa Cruz, Michigan State, Texas A&M etc., have started the interview process. I was just wondering if similar interview calls had gone out for UC-SB as well.

I didn't notice any information about interviews on the websites either. But a lot of departments in other universities, such as UC Santa Cruz, Michigan State, Texas A&M etc., have started the interview process. I was just wondering if similar interview calls had gone out for UC-SB as well.

I have not heard anything from MSU. I didn't know that there are interviews. Thanks.

Edited by d7r