Urch Forums

2019 Admission Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. What are your primary fields?

Indeed, Caltech usually makes announcements somewhat earlier than the rest of the schools.

Experimental and behavioral economics. I know it's an unorthodox choice, but they have an abundance of professors whose research I am crazy about. There are also other factors involved in my decision, such as the two-body problem.

Hi has anyone heard from the following for Econ PhD?

Boston university, columbia, umass amherst, university of virginia, georgetown university and university of zurich?

i don't know how to prepare for rejections, any tips? completely hopeless.

None of that have been reported in gradcafe. And I believe nothing is going to happen in this week.

I am seeing a lot of movies in these days in order to forget that I am waiting decisions

Guys, how important are GRE quant scores if the overall profile is good? i mean im a double math and econ major so will that compensate for the low gre score, im talking really low like percentile in the 50s..i emailed some universities regarding whether i should apply with this score or not some said yes some said no so i only applied to the ones that were favourable. and now i think i made a mistake, i applied to really good unis like columbia, boston, georgetown, tulane, uni of virginia, umass amherst, uni of zurich. what should i do for backup

Guys, how important are GRE quant scores if the overall profile is good? i mean im a double math and econ major so will that compensate for the low gre score, im talking really low like percentile in the 50s..i emailed some universities regarding whether i should apply with this score or not some said yes some said no so i only applied to the ones that were favourable. and now i think i made a mistake, i applied to really good unis like columbia, boston, georgetown, tulane, uni of virginia, umass amherst, uni of zurich. what should i do for backup

From what I understand, the GRE score is used as an initial filter. So unless your advisers specifically talk to the adcoms and push for you, there is a high chance your application will not even get read.

From what I understand, the GRE score is used as an initial filter. So unless your advisers specifically talk to the adcoms and push for you, there is a high chance your application will not even get read.

but I emailed universities and asked if there is, they said they look at it holistically :/ i keep reading everywhere that its filtered but there is no minimum score and websites dont mention anything like that. I applied to a range of universities though. Man I wasted so much money on applying then :/

Same. So happy did not expect it.

Did you get the email already? I saw people saying they also got the email with the details, but I am still waiting.

No I didn’t, but he did tell me that it was with full funding and the visit day is on April 5. I’m ecstatic!