Urch Forums

2020 Sweat Thread

tm_member

Huge congrats! Do you mind sharing which letter does your surname start with? I wonder if they are sending out admits in alphabetical order.

I am towards the end of the alphabet, so don't believe it's that. However, someone on GC in 2018 mentioned emailing the admissions office and them replying they had accidentally sent some decisions early, due to the new application portal. Maybe it could be something similar this year?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied to Brown correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the system that we applied on does not reflect changes in application status. So I'm pretty sure the poster is trolling.

I think it potentially can reflect changes: if you click View checklist there is an Application Status info.

But mine also is unchanged so far.

Update: I've also had a look at the data, of Gradcafe admittances, apparently Brown did admit some applicants this early in 2017 and 2014: on 2nd Feb in 2017 (although it was just 2 entries that could have been fake) and on Feb 6-11 in 2014 (many people posted, unlikely to be fake).

So it is possible that it is real

Edited by econ2020
more info

I think it potentially can reflect changes: if you click View checklist there is an Application Status info.

But mine also is unchanged so far.

Update: I've also had a look at the data, of Gradcafe admittances, apparently Brown did admit some applicants this early in 2017 and 2014: on 2nd Feb in 2017 (although it was just 2 entries that could have been fake) and on Feb 6-11 in 2014 (many people posted, unlikely to be fake).

So it is possible that it is real

The CollegeNet system does reflect changes. A third "view decision" button appears when a decision is made

At this point, there are a bunch of Minnesota reports, though my portal is still listed as "submitted" with no decision.

Same. Could be IR on my end.

On the other hand, looks like all Econ (i.e. not AE) acceptances have been internationals. Maybe they're doing them first? Sucks that they can't release all at once...

Same. Could be IR on my end.

On the other hand, looks like all Econ (i.e. not AE) acceptances have been internationals. Maybe they're doing them first? Sucks that they can't release all at once...

How can you tell that it's all international acceptances?

Maybe most programs send applications in waves so as to "test the waters"?

Could be. Just seems odd that all admits are internationals. Could just be random chance, but it doesn't line up with past years. At least in 2019 and 2018, we see a bunch of admits all on the same day, and a mix of I, U, and A. Then waitlists the next day, and rejections two days later.

Also I'm only talking about Minn here.