Urch Forums

2020 Sweat Thread

tm_member

Based on GradCafe, so far looks like American, Clemson, and Ohio State have gotten back, along with some very early admits from Stanford.

For Health Econ people, I've also heard from a friend that Minnesota HRSPA has gotten back to some.

Haven't heard about any B-schools getting back (except for the one somewhat dubious interview listed for HBS on GradCafe).

That's all I've got for now. The anxiety continues to build!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also wondering whether this year decisions started to roll out a little earlier than usual. There are a bunch of decisions already on the gradcafe from Stanford, Ohio State, Clemson, etc., while in the previous years it seems like the earliest decisions were made in early Feb.

Maybe I'm overthinking it though by wanting to find answers ASAP.:)

Yeah Stanford admits are real. Stanford was an anomaly this year because of the Knight-Hennessy program

OK yeah I was convinced the Knight-Hennessy stuff from December was real, but the post from today on GradCafe suggests that admits coming through are the second round of admits, unrelated to Knight-Hennessy. Are you saying those are real too?

OK yeah I was convinced the Knight-Hennessy stuff from December was real, but the post from today on GradCafe suggests that admits coming through are the second round of admits, unrelated to Knight-Hennessy. Are you saying those are real too?

OK, my decision letter is up on ApplyWeb, so it is real.

OK, my decision letter is up on ApplyWeb, so it is real.

Can I ask what your last name starts with? I haven't received any emails regarding waitlist/acceptance but my decision letter hasn't shown up on my portal yet - I figure they are doing it in alphabetical order? (My last name starts with W)

Edit: nvm - it showed up seconds later!

Can I ask what your last name starts with? I haven't received any emails regarding waitlist/acceptance but my decision letter hasn't shown up on my portal yet - I figure they are doing it in alphabetical order? (My last name starts with W)

I didn't receive an email or anything. When I click on "Application Management" there is a link to "Decision Letter" on ApplyWeb. I missed it like twice before seeing it.

But for reference my last name is in the first half of the alphabet.

Yes the decisions are out on the website:

"Your application for admission to study at Stanford has been reviewed by the Admissions

Committee in the Economics Department. I regret to report that we cannot admit you to our

graduate program.

As you know, the Department gets many more applications from qualified candidates than we

can accept given our financial resources and space restrictions. Consequently, each year many

strong candidates must be turned down. Regretfully, we cannot provide individual feedback on

applications which were not accepted into our program. I can only assure you that all files were

read by the admissions committee and decisions were made with care.

I wish you every success in your career."

Yes the decisions are out on the website:

"Your application for admission to study at Stanford has been reviewed by the Admissions

Committee in the Economics Department. I regret to report that we cannot admit you to our

graduate program.

As you know, the Department gets many more applications from qualified candidates than we

can accept given our financial resources and space restrictions. Consequently, each year many

strong candidates must be turned down. Regretfully, we cannot provide individual feedback on

applications which were not accepted into our program. I can only assure you that all files were

read by the admissions committee and decisions were made with care.

I wish you every success in your career."

Finally got an actual email.

I guess this confirms that there is a lag between posting on ApplyWeb and actual emails. I kind of hate this news because it means I'm going to be loading my app pages over and over instead of just checking my email - seems more stressful!

Oh well, I'm at least glad to get Stanford (probably the best department I applied to) over with early...

Congrats to all who got in!

The programs are really competitive so am not surprised to be rejected.

Do ya'll know what does "2a/1w/6r/2ir/8p" mean? I see this posted at gradcafe

It’s the summary of a poster’s previous decisions, as far as I know in this case 2 accepted, 1 waitlisted, 6 rejected, 8 pending

But idk what ir means 😂

Makes so much sense lol, how could I have not seen that

And @askangbuzz yes IR is definitely implicit reject

Something I have noticed is that even the candidates that get into top programs has a number of rejection (sometimes even 50% of program they applied to or even higher). Really reinforces how noisy the admission process is.

Makes so much sense lol, how could I have not seen that

And @askangbuzz yes IR is definitely implicit reject

Something I have noticed is that even the candidates that get into top programs has a number of rejection (sometimes even 50% of program they applied to or even higher). Really reinforces how noisy the admission process is.

I think, while partially it is due to noise, the other thing is that lower ranked places may reject overqualified candidates who they are certain will go somewhere else.