• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hermione

• manwiththemission2005

• cridamour

• arjensteve

Originally posted by Erin Billy

The page loaded fine for me:

This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.

Okay, I'm moving the this thread to the Games section...

Erin,

If I'm correct, there's a difference (lot of difference) between time taken to "generate" a page and time taken to "load" a page.

Actually, I've always wondered what kind of connections you guys use. I've seen a couple posts in which people say that it's expensive for them to use the Internet, so I've always wanted to know just how expensive it is.

We (I) use "Dial-up" connections.

That means, whenever we want to connect to the Net, we need to dial-in or ring-up our ISP's server and as long as we are online, we are billed the telephone charges for that duration, at the prevailing pulse rates for local calls. Aprat from this, there's the amount that ISPs charge. So, it's quite expensive, if not tooooo expensive.

Originally posted by raghuveer_v

Erin,

If I'm correct, there's a difference (lot of difference) between time taken to "generate" a page and time taken to "load" a page.

Yes, you are right--"generate" happens at the server; load happens through the ISP.

Anyway, the pages are loading fine for me, but removing images will help.

HI!

Woohoo... Very funny and interesting... idea. AmigoRo... you are... simply awesome :)

Raghuveer, somehow I doubt if jokes would be counted as quality posts.

Erin, about my internet connection. I pay 120 litas (about 35$) per mounth for my internet. I can use it unlimitedly from 6 p.m to 7 a.m. and 24 hours on weekends and national celebrations. My mother earns approximatelly 1500 litas. Is it a lot? I don't know. It's quite slow, but I don't complaint.

Well, since I can tell you long stories...

There time when calls were free! You had to pay for phone only if you called oanother city. And the internet was free. What lucky days... I want them come back... And when they charged the phone... Then internet... And now cell phone is even cheaper than a statonar phone... It's nonsense...

I hope nobody is going to check grammar :)

Renata. It's 10.38 P.M. here in Lithuania

Hey guys, how about a little "easter egg?" If you have over 200 posts, I will change your title to whatever you want. So, Renata, instead of "Moderator," you could be "Master of the Known Universe." Or whatever.

So, anybody who has 200 or more posts can request here, and I'll change it!

Originally posted by Vaya

HI!

Woohoo... Very funny and interesting... idea. AmigoRo... you are... simply awesome :)

Raghuveer, somehow I doubt if jokes would be counted as quality posts.

Hmm, who said there should be "quality" posts in this thread?

And by the way, isn't this thread under the "Jokes and Games" forum?

Hey guys, how about a little "easter egg?" If you have over 200 posts, I will change your title to whatever you want. So, Renata, instead of "Moderator," you could be "Master of the Known Universe." Or whatever.

So, anybody who has 200 or more posts can request here, and I'll change it!

That's really really cool, Erin!

I will take my time, strom my brain and communicate it later.

For, now what all I can think of is sleep, sleep and more sleep.

zzzzZZZzzZZZZZZZz....... GoodNight Guys! This was almost like chatting! ain't it?

Any posts here are okay. Besides, I think most or all of Raghuveer's posts are "quality."

This is becoming our de facto chat room, isn't it???

Renata: Yeah, "moderator" sounds good; at least other people will know that you are a moderator with that title.

Originally posted by raghuveer_v

This was almost like chatting! ain't it?

This is becoming our de facto chat room, isn't it???

LOL!

Raghuveer, just can't tear yourself away when you know people are replying to you, eh? ;)

Raghuveer... at first I read this thread carefully... :) And somebody (Ro?) said that this thread should have 200 quality posts. I don't really know what does it mean. Who could tell me?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. it's almost mIRC...

Originally posted by Vaya

Raghuveer... at first I read this thread carefully... :) And somebody (Ro?) said that this thread should have 200 quality posts. I don't really know what does it mean. Who could tell me?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. it's almost mIRC...

I didn't see it.

In fact, I never read all those 3 pages of posts before I started posting. It would have taken me a day or two to do so.

From Guiness book:

Before you attempt a record, it's best that you contact us first. We can give you details of any current Guinness World Records and any other information you might need.

First, tell us what your idea is - or the name of the existing record you want to break - and our researchers will decide if it's suitable.

Then, if we like your idea, we'll send you rules and guidelines specific to that record attempt.

Shouldn't we do that? Erin? :)

What a sh...

Remember, it takes between 4 and 6 weeks to process your application, so please enter a date that is at least 6 weeks away. If you need your application process sooner than this, you can opt for the Fast Track service - but please note that this carries a charge of £250.

Are we ready for such a long term commitment?

Or do you want just to have fun?

Renata

Did you know...?

Largest Human Chain

On August 23, 1989, up to 2 million people joined hands to form a human chain 595 km (370 miles) long across Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the non-aggression treaty between the USSR and Nazi Germany.

It's a pity, but that's the only record in their website... about my country.