Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Warwick is sending early results too, at least according to gradcafe. My guess is that some universities are making a first round of results for the applicants who applied first (or, in some cases, who sent their GREs), and that they will send the results for the rest of the applicants in a month or so

Looks like Warwick is sending early results too, at least according to gradcafe. My guess is that some universities are making a first round of results for the applicants who applied first (or, in some cases, who sent their GREs), and that they will send the results for the rest of the applicants in a month or so

Gradcafe has become a joke. It may be better to stop checking GC till Feb second week.

I suspect a lot of the econ stuff on GC right now is EJMR trolls. In fact, I know that a number of graduate programs still do not know how many funded slots are available this year, and might not know until late February.

We have a lot of data (both here and on GC) from past cycles on when various programs tend to send out their offers and while every so often a school changes their pattern, it is extremely unlikely that 5 top 15's are all simultaneously sending out offers extremely early.

I posted on GC but for anyone else with an HBS interview, does anyone know what the probability of getting in is, conditional on getting an interview? Or does HBS interview way more people than they know they can admit..

I applied to HBS Business Econ as well but no email yet, I believe they only invite small group of applicants, good luck!

But I am afraid the reality is that most who are expected to be interviewed have received their invitations :-(

I did some rough math based on the Stanford posts. There were 9 posts on GC about Stanford acceptances, which if we assume 30 people got Stanford acceptances means that 30% of admits were wired into GC.

If you assume the same number is true for HBS interviewed candidates, that suggests that HBS interviews simply can't be all in. Only 6 people have posted about an HBS interview, and unless nearly every interviewee is admitted that doesn't line up with the number of acceptances.

You can question some of the assumptions I'm making but I think the intuition that there are too few HBS interview posts to be the full picture seems right. SO i'm still holding out hope xD

Let's wait a few more days and see. I believe all of them should be out this week.

I did some rough math based on the Stanford posts. There were 9 posts on GC about Stanford acceptances, which if we assume 30 people got Stanford acceptances means that 30% of admits were wired into GC.

If you assume the same number is true for HBS interviewed candidates, that suggests that HBS interviews simply can't be all in. Only 6 people have posted about an HBS interview, and unless nearly every interviewee is admitted that doesn't line up with the number of acceptances.

You can question some of the assumptions I'm making but I think the intuition that there are too few HBS interview posts to be the full picture seems right. SO i'm still holding out hope xD

I saw the number on GC. I have limited knowledge about HBS since it is on the other side of the river.

I think I saw this number somewhere too, but do you know what it is based on? My limited understanding is that for pure Business PhDs the % accept after getting an interview can range as low as 20% and as high as essentially a sure admit depending on the business school.

I saw the number on GC. I have limited knowledge about HBS since it is on the other side of the river.

All HBS interviews went out last/this week. Source: am also Cambridge insider with friends across the river

folks, HBS bus-ec admits the top admits to Harvard Econ. Even conditional on getting an offer from Harvard Econ, it’s more than likely to not get an interview from HBS. There is roughly no information in not getting an interview from HBS.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic