Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

thats what i guessed

All HBS interviews went out last/this week. Source: am also Cambridge insider with friends across the river

folks, HBS bus-ec admits the top admits to Harvard Econ. Even conditional on getting an offer from Harvard Econ, it’s more than likely to not get an interview from HBS. There is roughly no information in not getting an interview from HBS.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All HBS interviews went out last/this week. Source: am also Cambridge insider with friends across the river

folks, HBS bus-ec admits the top admits to Harvard Econ. Even conditional on getting an offer from Harvard Econ, it’s more than likely to not get an interview from HBS. There is roughly no information in not getting an interview from HBS.

When you say all HBS interviews went out, is that only for economics? Or for all tracks?

@ginger gold Yes, we can expect until Tuesday, given 26th is when it marks 56 days precisely from the deadline. The wait is excruciating.
There is a Tinbergen rejection in GC. Today marks the 8th week since the deadline. Can we expect results in the coming days?

It's really difficult for me to judge how difficult a year this is going to be wrt acceptances. On the one hand, I'm seeing a lot of highly qualified posts of people getting rejected from (good) mid-tier programs. On the other, I got a first round acceptance to a program that, judging by my credentials, I thought was a huge reach. Maybe this is an artefact of the phenomenon that TheEconGuy10 is describing. I honestly have no idea.
  • Like 1

Rejected from TI here as well. I had applied to 17 PhD Finance programs and TI. Was counting on 3 shortlists, one of them is gone. I guess I have rejections lined up owing to my poor grades in freshman and sophomore years in Physics. Have a decent profile thereafter, but the first poor impression seems unbridgeable.

Rejected from TI here as well. I had applied to 17 PhD Finance programs and TI. Was counting on 3 shortlists, one of them is gone. I guess I have rejections lined up owing to my poor grades in freshman and sophomore years in Physics. Have a decent profile thereafter, but the first poor impression seems unbridgeable.

Too early to tell how this cycle is going to go. There's a lot of randomness and noise in admissions, and you can get rejected from an "easier" school and get into a "harder" one. There's lots of reasons this year might be harder, but also some reasons why at the end of it all it might be fairly similar to prior years. Schools are dealing with a lot of uncertainty as well, and we won't know until we actually get into the hear of admissions, which won't be for a few more weeks.

Hey all,

When I was waiting to hear back from schools in spring 2018 I made an R-shiny app using gradcafe data from the prior year to track when schools sent out decisions and what their admissions strategy was (all at once, staggered, first round and waitlist, etc.). I went ahead and updated my code to track the 2020 cycle. I'm not sure how representative 2020 will be since this will probably be a crazy cycle, but you may still find it helpful. Since we're not supposed to spam the thread with url's, you can access it via the homepage in my profile.

Good luck to everyone applying this year. It can be a brutal process, but remember all you need is one!

Hey all,

When I was waiting to hear back from schools in spring 2018 I made an R-shiny app using gradcafe data from the prior year to track when schools sent out decisions and what their admissions strategy was (all at once, staggered, first round and waitlist, etc.). I went ahead and updated my code to track the 2020 cycle. I'm not sure how representative 2020 will be since this will probably be a crazy cycle, but you may still find it helpful. Since we're not supposed to spam the thread with url's, you can access it via the homepage in my profile.

Good luck to everyone applying this year. It can be a brutal process, but remember all you need is one!

Thanks, mate.

Despite the bias stemming from the underlying GradCafe data, your R-shiny app is very informative!

Hey all,

How did you eliminate the trolls from your retrieved data? Congrats, checking out!

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic