The man who did it for Australia:

Their captain, and today's Man of the Match,

Ricky ponting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38996000/jpg/_38996585_pont245cengt.jpg

And the man who was India's hope, but couldn't quite deliver today:

Man of the Tournament, Sachin Tendulkar:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38997000/jpg/_38997043_tengt.jpg

i have a couple of doubts here

in the previous pages (1,2,3...) u guys seem to be chatting. i am wondering whether there is any chatting facility or were they just posts ?

and the second doubt is most of the Tmagicians are Inidans out here.Is Erin familiar the indian ambience? i mean to say ,he wanted to know about "bengali rasgollas" in one post!i have a suggestion here to make,if anybody writes something about india,we better expalin it so that it will be clear for everybody on the forum what we are trying to say.and if this step had taken already then its well and fine !

so are we heading the target for "world's greatest thread " or did u achieve it already? somebody could let me know about this!!!

thank yoy friends !!

basky

Originally posted by basky

Is Erin familiar the indian ambience? i mean to say ,he wanted to know about "bengali rasgollas" in one post!i have a suggestion here to make,if anybody writes something about india,we better expalin it so that it will be clear for everybody on the forum what we are trying to say.and if this step had taken already then its well and fine !

To be honest, I feel that my understanding of and familiarity with Indian culture is a bit lacking, but this forum has helped me to better understand the Indian character, beyond the textbook stuff we hear about India (Gandhi, Taj Mahal, etc.) and the new stories we hear about India.

It's all pretty fascinating to me, and of course, I'd be very happy to learn more about your country. Oh, I should also mention another country with a strong presence here--Vietnam. To all Vietnamese--I would also like to learn more about your country, too! Actually, I think I have a bit more contact with Vietnamese than I do with Indians (for whatever reason), but most of the Vietnamese I know are Chinese who immigrated to Vietnam earlier in their lives, and now live in the US. (It seems there is quite a strong Chinese diaspora--most of the Indonesians, Thais, and Vietnamese I know are of Chinese descent.)

About the length of this thread--this thread is not very long compared to some other ones on the Internet. Check these out:

2,594 replies: http://www.gunslackers.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=376

77,956 replies: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5094428 (this topic times out, though)

Kalpana calls her friend Linda. Linda picks up the phone.

Kalpana says, Do ya wanna go to the mall with me?

Linda asks, Why?

Kalpana replies, I need to study cosmetics

Linda again asks, Why?

Kalpana replies Well, my english teacher says, I have a 'make-up exam'

on monday.

• 4 weeks later...

We should try to increase the posts to reach 4002 just post about like 5 a day then we can get there. Or start a new one with a new topic. Good Luck to us all !!!! [:o)]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote : :spidey: ( of the day)

"Reach for the moon even if you miss you will land amongst the stars"

Yeah, I remember your comment, Sri. Anybody else?

There are also some strawberries, but I've set those to activate at a higher post count (500, if memory serves). icon_star_bronze.gificon_star_bronze.gificon_star_bronze.gif

Sri, what about for moderators, what do you think?

Originally posted by roborob

Hey guys,

This idea is hilarious... how can I check to see how many posts there has been? How many do we have so far and how many more do we need?

Rob

Roborob, click on the members tab, which is the second tab right to Active Topics and u can find the info.

Originally posted by Erin Billy

Yeah, I remember your comment, Sri. Anybody else?

There are also some strawberries, but I've set those to activate at a higher post count (500, if memory serves). icon_star_bronze.gificon_star_bronze.gificon_star_bronze.gif

Sri, what about for moderators, what do you think?

Hmm...Can't think of anything appropriate for moderators Erin...I will keep thinking and let u know if I come up with something. :)

Originally posted by ss6872

How do you become a moderator?

I watch people over time to see how they participate in the group, how responsible and helpful they are, etc. I then send them an email asking them if they'd be interested in becoming a moderator.

The current moderators have been exceptionally active and helpful in the forum, if you look at their previous posts. I always enjoyed Raghuveer's spirited interaction! Sri has shown a lot of goodness and kindness when dealing with others, and Renata helped many, many people with their essays.

Originally posted by Erin Billy

Originally posted by ss6872

How do you become a moderator?

I watch people over time to see how they participate in the group, how responsible and helpful they are, etc. I then send them an email asking them if they'd be interested in becoming a moderator.

The current moderators have been exceptionally active and helpful in the forum, if you look at their previous posts. I always enjoyed Raghuveer's spirited interaction! Sri has shown a lot of goodness and kindness when dealing with others, and Renata helped many, many people with their essays.

Thanks Erin! :o . For moderators, how about we have li'l heart signs???? Like the MSN messenger's emoticon for (L) , heart symbol in in 3d luna interface??

Oh ok, I thought u were asking about the number of posts made by each member...Sorry my bad :). Ok to see the number of posts in this topic u gotta go to the parent level of this thread. So go to the "Jokes and Games" section and u'll find all the threads in that section. The third section displays the number of replies for the post and that's the number u r looking for.

HTH

-Sri.

Sri,

Duh... OK, that was a stupid question... thanks though. :-D We still have a looooooong way before we set any records.... if every on on this forum would contribute one a day, we could get there a lot faster!

So, Sri, I see your name in a lot of posts here... which test are you studying for or have taken?

Rob