• Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hermione

• manwiththemission2005

• cridamour

• arjensteve

Here's the scenario for SL to make it into Super Six. Amazing how stats keep changing from game 1 to game 25 :) .

Sri Lanka has to beat West Indies and South Africa to top the group, Or beat either and hope they end up with a better run rate than New Zealand and or SA. None of these scenarios will happen and they will lose to both WI and SA and therefore they would have become the biggest loser (given the fact they looked so strong till a few days ago, until Kenyans upset them) since Cricket was invented.

'Most embarrassing moment' has been so popular a topic on the net. What about your 'Most dangerous moment in life?'

MY MOST HEART-KICKING MOMENT

It was a cold cold night in a winter when I was still at my 7th grade...

The stuffy Literature extra-study class released me at 9:15 pm. That was pretty late, for I hadn't dinned yet. After a second of considering, I decided to cycled home instead of visiting some food store. The large Ba Trieu street was almost deserted and dull as all shop-keepers had closed their doors to enjoy some film on T.V or something like that. Seeing no one around, I cycled on the center line of the street, whistling a favourite melody.

Suddenly... Brrrrr.....brrrr........brrrrrr...... Some mingled sound coming nearer and nearer to me very fast and getting bigger and bigger....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even before I could realize where that evil sound came from, my heart did stop throbbing, colors vanished from my face and my body shuttered at once. I was frozen there, at the center of a motor-racing group!!!!! 'Oh my God!'--cried my little heart--'I've never thought I would have some day like this!!!'. T.V. and newspapers did always report of many terrifying deaths caused in those devilishly illegal races. And I didn't want to be added onto that list! My brain was stuck for a moment, while hundreds of crazy motors were still swiftly 'flying' and roaring as if it had been their own doom-day. 'What should I do now????'. Immediately my instinct controlled my thoughts and forced me to act like nothing were happening. I rounded the pedals slowly, keeping on moving but at a very suitable speed. Those 10 or 20 following seconds were counted as the longest period of time in my life! Even when that satan's lion pride had gone far away, my soul hadn't come back to my body yet. I had suffered my most terrible moment ever and survived instinctively. I was alive at last!!!

As a predictable consequence, my parents then didn't allow me to take night classes any more...

Have you ever been in those shoes before, brave TMians :p?

LDP

Thanks to some accurate bowling by Chaminda Vaas, Sri Lanka managed to beat the Windies by 6 runs. We are through to the second round barring a HEAVY defeat at the hands of the SAfricans.

If Kenya beats Bangladesh today, as they are expected to do, then Kenya will become the first non-Test team to make it to the second round of a world cup. Bravo to them. Boo to Bangladesh, who are probably the weakest team in the world stage today, despite being a Test playing nation.

Should Pakistan beat India, world war III will erupt :)

Xaero, is it true that there's a lot fire works in India now?? Huh, I miss that fun (Although we had 15 friends at our home to watch the match last night and today early morning)...I wish I was in India :) .Hope these guys get the cup home, I will be in India at that time and I can have nice parties. But, as Ganguly (For those who dont know , Sourav Ganguly is Indian team's captain) said, may be we also shud take one game at a time.

Sri, that was exactly the situation yesterday night here in India. It was almost like a second Diwali, with a deluge of fireworks and people coming out on the streets cheering the Indian team. The festivities were on till morning and is yet to settle down. Indians are looking virtually unstoppable now and hope they come up with more fabulous cricket.

Btw, I presume some of the TMians may find these posts on cricket a little obtrusive. Well, I must admit that when it comes to cricket, the Indians (and not forgetting to mention, the Sri Lankans) consider it to be more than a 'just another sport'. Cricket is to India, what Soccer is to Brazil. So, the World Cup fever might just rage on for 'nother couple 'o weeks. :D :D

I (We) are happy that u r enjoying this thread Erin :D. Xaero thanks for the info. I had so much fun reading all the raving reviews about Sachin this morning on all the possible online newspapers ...Huh, I luv him, I truly luv him.:D

Hi guys!

Phew!! I am still in the middle of my two-week trip and thank god I found found access to the Net atleast now (in Delhi, the capital of India)....great to be back with you guys!

Well, luckily, I even got to watch yesterday's momentous match,.....live!

What a match it was.

The indian batsmen, with a shot of adrenalin and patriotism, and you have the perfect recipe for disaster...for the bowling side of any team in the world.

My Congratulations to all Indian Supporters and Cricket Lovers,...and my best wishes to the Indian team.

God knows when I'll be able to catch you all again,.....see you, bye!!

So we know who's in the super sixes now.

Aus 12

Ken 10

Ind 8

Sri 7.5

NZ 4

Zim 3.5

Aussies are virtually assured a place in the Semis. Kenya needs just one more upset win, and they can quite easily earn that against Zim. I think Zim has an uphill the Everest task, so I think it is only fair to write them off.

That leaves us with Ind, Sri and NZ fighting for the last two berths. And the Match on monday will have a big impact on that outcome. And what is that match ??

INDIA VS SRI LANKA

Monday 10th

The Wanderers, J'burg

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by xaero

Poor Poor South Africans

Won't they ever escape the wrath of the Rain Gods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or the tie gods

:) Yeah, thats true. I suppose the South African cricketers have been cursed to bring tears of sorrow to their countrymen right from the 1992 Cup.

Hi!

Something new in this thread (I hope you won't be angry)...

It's a little competition.

Please translate this (it's in English):

My smmr hols wr CWOT. B4, we used 2go2 NY 2C my bro, his GF &thr 3 :-O kids FTF. ILNY, it's a gr8 plc.

This is an essay :) written by one 13 years old schoolgirl in England.

After this I understood why abrevations are bad...

Good luck. Hoping to get a quick aswer ... Renata