• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Past GMAT Scores(2004):

Real GMAT: 530

Kaplan Diag 1st: 580

Kaplan Diag 2: 520

Kaplan CAT:560

Powerprep CAT: 630 (took this right before going to the actual test.. guess that exausted my brain cells!)

Recent Scores( 2007)

Kaplan P&P Diag one (End of Jan): 600

Kaplan Diag 2(End of Feb): 610

I'm taking the actual GMAT at Mar 17th. I really need a 690+! Considering some of the stats in this post regarding gap between kaplan diag and actual gmat, do you think it is a reasonable expectation?

Also, I enrolled for the KAPLAN classroom course, starting feb 22nd. I'm taking the ultimate practice set at the person center at Mar 10th. That should give me a good idea of where I stand in the real thing.. I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes...

Nihal

need help in verifying validity of different cat scores...... hello, hello all!

I am new here, after 4 months of practice and some sample cats from different companies I have the following-->

sample outdated gmat (from 2005) (1st day of study)http://www.www.urch.com/forums/../../images/smilies/smile.gif

october 2006-530

KAPLAN October 2006 diagnostic-540

MANHATTANGMAT november 2006-560

MANHATTANGMAT december 2006-640

MANHATTANGMAT january 2007-680

KAPLAN January 2007- 590

ARCO 1 week ago February 2007- 600

(crappy software no explanations or anything at all, will not do anymore)

CRACKGMAT.COM february 2007 - 500

(the disclaimer allthough said that "your real score should be 100 points higher") so i guess that means around ~ 600

800score.com 3/4/07 today-620

Please give me some ffed back, i feel like i am lost, such different scores???

I know alot of guys here have alot of knowledge, please advise......

PS sorry for the long post

validity of gmatprep???

If I take the gmatprep practice test of their software, will it reflect my score with the upmost accuracy?

I figure since the software includes 2 tests, I'llo take one now and one in a month , besides the other practice (10) tests I took from other software/prep companies. I am sick of getting scores trhat range from 500-680, which in essense mean nothing.

please advise oh the all knowing :)

I.I.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help me solve the following 3 problems on GMAT PowerPrep Practice Test #1:

#7: Data sufficiency - Determining magnitude of difference between 2 angles in 2 triangles

#15: Arithmetic - If each term in the sum a1+a2+...+an is 7 or 77 and the sum equals 350, which of the following could be equal to n? (Answer 40)

#18: Problem solving - Function f(x)=f(1-x)

I cannot figure these out for the life of me.

I have seen the 800score test results vary over the time of this post..2003 to 2007.

What's the latest. I'm finding 800score tests which I downloaded in late 2006 to be pretty tricky.

I agree - I think 800score changed their tests, although I heard that their math was easy, etc. I thought their CAT tests were very very helpful...

I thought the verbal was not as useful, but I recommend 800score for their quant. New stuff that is.

I got a 720 on real GMAT, but on a couple of the 800score CAT's I got 620... On the last i got 770 - and I think thats because my quant improved so much by the last exam...

I agree - I think 800score changed their tests, although I heard that their math was easy, etc. I thought their CAT tests were very very helpful...

I thought the verbal was not as useful, but I recommend 800score for their quant. New stuff that is.

I got a 720 on real GMAT, but on a couple of the 800score CAT's I got 620... On the last i got 770 - and I think thats because my quant improved so much by the last exam...

Hey Chris,

Congrats on the great score of 720. Can you assess my situation?

I'm getting good scores in quant on GMATprep and Powerprep (49-50 range), however, when I'm taking the 800score, I'm finding the questions a bit harder and that they definetely take a lot longer to solve.

How did the actual GMAT compare to the 800score quant?

On the 800score verbal, I found that it was not as good. Difficulty level was around the same, but the questions were not clear and the RC passages were a lot harder than GMATprep and Powerprep.

Is this inline with your experience with 800score?

Thanks, Jason

Hey Chris,

Congrats on the great score of 720. Can you assess my situation?

I'm getting good scores in quant on GMATprep and Powerprep (49-50 range), however, when I'm taking the 800score, I'm finding the questions a bit harder and that they definetely take a lot longer to solve.

How did the actual GMAT compare to the 800score quant?

On the 800score verbal, I found that it was not as good. Difficulty level was around the same, but the questions were not clear and the RC passages were a lot harder than GMATprep and Powerprep.

Is this inline with your experience with 800score?

Thanks, Jason

Jason,

It is exactly in line with what I was thinking when I was doing 800score... I was panicking especially early on because my CAT scores were tough, and my math was particularly struggling for the same reason you gave - 800score quant seems harder and take longer to solve.

Naturally, I got stressed because I found it more difficult - but looking back, I now see that it was very important to my prep, it opened my eyes to some question types, and forced me to work harder... So I recommend it.

Just dont get too upset if you arent performing so well on the quant- I dont think it is all that representative of GMAT - just excellent practice. I was in the exact same position as you when I was using it - and I was searching this forum for other's thoughts and some posts even suggested that 800score was too easy! So I was even more worried! However, I think 800score have changed the CATs since then.

Agreed on the verbal - not as helpful or representative.

When do you take the GMAT?

Chris,

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on 800score. I'm planning on taking in a month. It'll be the 2nd time and I'm pretty confident this time around. Unfortunately, I feel like i'm running out of CATs to take. I feel like taking the GMATPrep and Powerprep is not as useful since I am starting to see question duplicated. I'm saving my last repeat of the GMATprep for a week before the test. Hopefully the questions won't be as fresh in my mind.

Meanwhile, I need to keep on taking CATs just to get used to the pace and pressure. I'm planning on taking manhattan CATs and Kaplan CATs and try not to look too into the score. You're right, they are good practice and insightful.

Thanks again for the helpful responses

what an awful test. i stressed myself for 2 months studying. started out on a kaplan diagnostic at 490. at the time i thought i'd be happy with a 600. but my scores went up pretty consistently.

kaplan 540

kaplan 570

kaplan 590

kaplan 590

powerprep 640

kaplan 590

kaplan 630

powerprep 720

real gmat 650 (Q:40) (V:39) - 83%, with a 6.0 on the written section.

chill out!

GRAFENBERG

btw: everyone on this forum are geeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just gave Manhattan non-adaptive test. I score 600. I am really disappointed. Math section was really difficult. And so was Verbal.

I took PowerPrep yesterday and got 720 ... I am not sure what to believe.

IN last week I have been trying 800Score verbal ... I am getting section score of more than 35 for verbal.

May target is to get more than 700, but now I am tensed, cause everybody in this forum says that Manhattan GMAT is true indicator.

Kindly let me know what you think.

I am taking GMAT this friday.

• 2 weeks later...
actual - 460

arco paper tests-7460/740/780/790

kaplan dt-750

kaplan cd - 660/640/560/650

did og10th edition

kaplan verbal

Wow, I don't know how that is possible. What was the breakdown of your GMAT Score? If you know the basic priciples, then you should have gotten at least a 600 with those practice test scores. Hmm, take a gmat prep practice test. That will tell you how to attack your problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Oct 2006 GMAT paper version 530

Oct MAnhattan GMAT: 560

Nov Manhatta GMAT: 640

Dec Kaplan software: 520

Dec MAnhattan GMAT: 680

Dec Kaplan software: 540

JAn Kaplan software: 540

Jan crackGMAT: 500

Feb 800score software: 620

Feb Kaplan sofware: 550

Feb princeton software: 580

here we go!!!

MArch:

Kaplan (retake): 560

800 score: 620

800 Score: 680

800 score 670

Princeton software 660

800 score sofware: 660

Princeton software 680:

April:

Gmat prep test #1: 640

Princeton: 680

old 800Score: 640

old 800 Score: 660

Princeton: 700

Gmat prep test #1 retake: 660

notes:

notes:

more notes......

May:

Gmat prep #2: 660

Hi guys,

I am about to write the GMAT for the second time. I wrote it in March 2007 and did not study much. I just reviewed the PR book and did the GMATPrep Practice Tests. My score on the real gmat was 530.

This time I have studied with the OG and Kaplan. I have done 3 Kaplan CAT's and I find the questions a bit difficult. I have spent most of my time with English grammar as my math skills are fairly good. My 3 scores have been:

CAT 1: 530

CAT 2: 540

CAT 3: 550

This scares me a bit because i'm only near the 540 mark, which is very similar to my first attempt at the GMAT 2 months ago. This time around I am a lot more prepared yet I can't seem to do any better. I am going to do the GMATPrep again tonight, but I fear that since I have done a lot of the practice questions in the OG, some of the questions I will have already seen and it may skew my results.

It appears that some feel that the Kaplan CAT's are not a true representation of the real GMAT. Since I have already done the 2 practice exams from GMATPrep, is there another CAT I can download/purchase that is a good representation of the actual GMAT? I write the GMAT on May 15th.