Urch Forums

Fall 2021 PhD start - PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

plzletmein

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All!

I have been following this thread for awhile and I decided to finally post.

I am applying to Management / Strategy PhD programs.

This week I had interviews with Cornell Johnson and Uconn but I haven't heard form any other schools yet.

Has anyone heard from Michigan, Maryland, Washington, MIT Sloan Org Studies, USC Marshall, NYU or Emory?

I think I saw that Michigan has already sent out invites on gradcafe but can anyone confirm this? Is there still a chance I hear from other schools?

Thank you all!

Hi All!

I have been following this thread for awhile and I decided to finally post.

I am applying to Management / Strategy PhD programs.

This week I had interviews with Cornell Johnson and Uconn but I haven't heard form any other schools yet.

Has anyone heard from Michigan, Maryland, Washington, MIT Sloan Org Studies, USC Marshall, NYU or Emory?

I think I saw that Michigan has already sent out invites on gradcafe but can anyone confirm this? Is there still a chance I hear from other schools?

Thank you all!

I also applied to Michigan, Maryland, Washington, and Emory. I haven't heard from any of them. The one interview invite for Michigan on gradcafe was posted yesterday, so still crossing fingers that they didn't send them all yet.

Additionally, I just got an email from Maryland saying they just started the application review process...so it looks like their communications will be forthcoming in February. I think a lot of schools are on the same boat.

Thus, I would say we just need to be a bit more patient and wait to get more responses over the next couple of weeks!

I also applied to Michigan, Maryland, Washington, and Emory. I haven't heard from any of them. The one interview invite for Michigan on gradcafe was posted yesterday, so still crossing fingers that they didn't send them all yet.

Additionally, I just got an email from Maryland saying they just started the application review process...so it looks like their communications will be forthcoming in February. I think a lot of schools are on the same boat.

Thus, I would say we just need to be a bit more patient and wait to get more responses over the next couple of weeks!

Can confirm Michigan sent out OB invites - not sure how many they sent, or if all have been extended.

Emory already extended invites as well (though I'm not sure if they do multiple rounds of interviews)

Has anyone heard back from Houston (Bauer), Arizona (Eller), and South Carolina (Darla Moore) for the markeitng programs (quant)?

Just curious about Houston. Their deadline is 10th Dec and I saw two interviews on GradCafe around one week after the deadline and then no more. Have they sent out all their invitations?

Best.

Has anyone heard back from Houston (Bauer), Arizona (Eller), and South Carolina (Darla Moore) for the markeitng programs (quant)?

Just curious about Houston. Their deadline is 10th Dec and I saw two interviews on GradCafe around one week after the deadline and then no more. Have they sent out all their invitations?

Best.

I've had an interview with Arizona (Eller) in the OB department about 2 weeks ago, so that may possibly reflect on the marketing department??

The wait after interviews is crazy and excruciatingly painful. How soon after the interview should i expect to hear back? I keep getting this feeling that I let go of the opportunities and bombed all my interviews. :crushed:

I'd say for most programs offers won't be coming till late this month. I had an interview on Wednesday with a program who said it would take about three weeks for decisions to be sent due to the following timeline:

1st week --> finish interviews with all candidates

2nd week --> Faculty and Program directors review candidate profiles and make decision

3rd week --> University bureaucracy required for offers to be internally approved prior to being sent

Thus, I think the best for now is to value the interviews you've had, focus on the good things that came out of them and armor yourself with patience to deal with the anxiety!

Hi, which schools are you waiting on? I did my michigan ross interview two weeks ago and im starting to get really worried.

Also, is anyone else attending the Indiana or washu virtual visit day? I can't find any information on virtual visits anywhere. what should I expect and how should I prepare?

The wait after interviews is crazy and excruciatingly painful. How soon after the interview should i expect to hear back? I keep getting this feeling that I let go of the opportunities and bombed all my interviews. :crushed:

Hi, which schools are you waiting on? I did my michigan ross interview two weeks ago and im starting to get really worried.

Houston. Very eagerly waiting for them. Had my interview on 19th Jan. I am kind of worried if they have already extended offers. People tend to not (for some weird reason) post on GC as and when offers/results come. They wake up one fine day and decide to post everything all at once.

Houston. Very eagerly waiting for them. Had my interview on 19th Jan. I am kind of worried if they have already extended offers. People tend to not (for some weird reason) post on GC as and when offers/results come. They wake up one fine day and decide to post everything all at once.

I see. I didnt apply to houston but hope it works out for you!

Anyone hear from ut austin, usc, ohio state or uiuc? I havent seen any posts on GC about these schools, not interviews or anything

I heard that Bauer has sent out first round offers.

Good luck!

Hey, I interviewed and was accepted to Houston! Which concentration were you applying to? They told me they were sending out offers to 2 people in my concentration.