Urch Forums

2018 Application Sweat Thread

tm_member

Hi. Has anyone heard from OSU? Saw a post in gradcafe that they saw a status change in the webpage

Hi, I posted that :) I haven't received any e-mails, but the status on the applicant's portal changed from "Pending" to "Decision". Then under the "Application Status" it says "Congratulations - you have been offered admission! Use the link on the main page of the Applicant Center to accept or decline.".

Probably they have just started updating the system, so don't worry, your status might change very soon!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone claiming to have an interview offer for Berkeley Econ just posted to GradCafe. Can anyone confirm that? I wasn't aware that Berkeley Econ did interviews.

I saw this too - it's weird, there are no Berkeley interviews in the Gradcafe history... If it is true, it might be to check the person has sufficient English skills - they have an international degree and scored much lower on the GRE verbal and writing than the quant. But that's a wild guess.

I saw this too - it's weird, there are no Berkeley interviews in the Gradcafe history... If it is true, it might be to check the person has sufficient English skills - they have an international degree and scored much lower on the GRE verbal and writing than the quant. But that's a wild guess.

Seems reasonable (if it's not spam). I just hope there wasn't some paradigm shift in Berkeley's admission process for this year haha. I guess we'll see in the next couple of hours/days if more interviews get posted!

Folks, last night I received an e-mail from OSU with the acceptance (which appeared on the webste a couple of days earlier). However, it doesn't mention anything about funding apart from the info that I need to have sufficient amount of money for the duration of the course. Is it a standard thing that information about funding comes later?

From gradcafe it seems UMD Ag and Resource Econ department have started sending out offers for their PhD program. Looks like I didn't make it to the first batch of offers. :( Anyone else applied to this program and have heard back?

Hey, I am the one who posted on GC. I hope you will receive some update on your application soon.

Hey, I am the one who posted on GC. I hope you will receive some update on your application soon.

Oh congrats man! If you don't mind sharing - did you get a personalized email from the department or checked the website for the offer? also when did you submit the application? I am just wondering why I didn't make the first cut, whether it was because I submitted my application right on the deadline or because my application was not strong enough for the first cut haha

Folks, last night I received an e-mail from OSU with the acceptance (which appeared on the webste a couple of days earlier). However, it doesn't mention anything about funding apart from the info that I need to have sufficient amount of money for the duration of the course. Is it a standard thing that information about funding comes later?

Hey, they sent me the same e-mail. I guess we were not nominated for fellowship. Because I read that some people in gradcafe were also told that they were nominated for fellowship.

PS: They just returned to my email about funding and said I was also nominated to fellowship and results will be announced around mid-Feb.

Edited by Linea