Urch Forums

2018 Application Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think is the possibility of getting into the program that I applied and was admitted for fall 2016? I got into one of the other admitted programs but am applying for this cycle again..

Faced similar situation and I got into a program this year which I have gotten in earlier with funding. I guess to get in again you would have to demonstrate that you have done something productive over the last few years and that your profile have improved from what it was when you previously applied. Hope I made sense there.

I guess it depends and I am the similar situation like you. From where you got the admissions?

I got funded offers from Syracuse, UC Riverside, SUNY Albany and the one I'm currently in. Have reapplied to all of the three programs this time. There is one posting on gc about UCR but no email to me so I got a little bit nervous. Can I ask why you're applying again?

Faced similar situation and I got into a program this year which I have gotten in earlier with funding. I guess to get in again you would have to demonstrate that you have done something productive over the last few years and that your profile have improved from what it was when you previously applied. Hope I made sense there.

Yeah that's what I guess too. But I'm not sure whether I did some improvement during the two years.. What was that for you if you don't mind? Why did you apply again and what did you do during the last few years?

Admissions and graduate School are very foreign to me so reading all of these posts has given me a really great insight, thanks!

would anyone recommend emailing a department if I received an admission letter but no word regarding funding? Further, what sort of questions should I be asking the programs I’ve been admitted into? I don’t want to sound foolish when I ask things, and I feel like asking how the general area around the school in may be foolish. I’m an international student so this is a big step, and I am also bringing my wife who will be working, so I’d like to make the right choice. So far, have gotten two admissions, one being a fully funded, 18k/year stipend at one of my lower hanging fruit schools.

Best of luck to everyone, and thanks for reading!

Admissions and graduate School are very foreign to me so reading all of these posts has given me a really great insight, thanks!

would anyone recommend emailing a department if I received an admission letter but no word regarding funding? Further, what sort of questions should I be asking the programs I’ve been admitted into? I don’t want to sound foolish when I ask things, and I feel like asking how the general area around the school in may be foolish. I’m an international student so this is a big step, and I am also bringing my wife who will be working, so I’d like to make the right choice. So far, have gotten two admissions, one being a fully funded, 18k/year stipend at one of my lower hanging fruit schools.

Best of luck to everyone, and thanks for reading!

Minnesota should say something these days ...