Urch Forums

2018 Application Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the post about UPenn in gradcafe?

Yeah... I haven't received anything :( But I was looking through a few past years' sweat threads and it looks like it is pretty common for fake posts to appear on Gradcafe around this time from early-mid Feb.

Is there a good way to tell if a post is fake on gradcafe? Also, what does it mean when people post exclamation points in their notes sections? Thanks!

It's likely to be fake if the timing is reeeally different from past years. And for large programs especially it's pretty likely to be fake if it is there is only one.

Exclamation marks means they are excited lol.

Any people applied for Brown? I think their results will be up soon.

I have a little concern. I just checked my status, and it still says "Material Awaiting" in TOEFL\IELTS part. However, as I graduated from an US institution, it should be exempt. I sent three emails so far for this the woman be contacted in the economics websites, but she ignored all the emails and I have not got any reply from Brown for this issue. Is this okay?!.. or I must take actions or it is too late?

Any people applied for Brown? I think their results will be up soon.

I have a little concern. I just checked my status, and it still says "Material Awaiting" in TOEFL\IELTS part. However, as I graduated from an US institution, it should be exempt. I sent three emails so far for this the woman be contacted in the economics websites, but she ignored all the emails and I have not got any reply from Brown for this issue. Is this okay?!.. or I must take actions or it is too late?

Mine also says "Awaiting." I would not be too concerned about this. I doubt anyone reviewing the applications would have an issue with your lack of TOEFL/IELTS scores.

Oh congrats man! If you don't mind sharing - did you get a personalized email from the department or checked the website for the offer? also when did you submit the application? I am just wondering why I didn't make the first cut, whether it was because I submitted my application right on the deadline or because my application was not strong enough for the first cut haha

Hey, I received a personalized email from the department, and received an official email from graduate school around a week later. I submitted the application on January 2nd if I remember correctly.

I hope you get your decision soon !