Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an email (after months of radio silence) from UVA's Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs thanking me for applying to UVA and asking me to check out their diversity program and services. But when I go to check the application portal, my application is still in "submitted" status.

What does this even mean? Do they send this email to all the applicants or only to those whom have been admitted? This is actually messing up my head because I still haven't gotten an admit yet and I'm feeling quite desperate. Somebody help me! :torn:

Edited by DeadInLongRun

I just got an email (after months of radio silence) from UVA's Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs thanking me for applying to UVA and asking me to check out their diversity program and services. But when I go to check the application portal, my application is still in "submitted" status.

What does this even mean? Do they send this email to all the applicants or only to those whom have been admitted? This is actually messing up my head because I still haven't gotten an admit yet and I'm feeling quite desperate. Somebody help me! :torn:

Me on the same boat...just checked GC and it seems like they sent it to everyone/"diversity group"??

Anyone got any email from Texas A&M? There's one post on Grad Cafe, but the person reported a GPA of 9.99. A little sus imo

I just received an e-mail informing that I have been admitted. They are going to schedule an interview with me within a few weeks(I guess the funding decisions will be made after the interviews??) and I have been invited to a virtual recruiting event on March.

I just received an e-mail informing that I have been admitted. They are going to schedule an interview with me within a few weeks(I guess the funding decisions will be made after the interviews??) and I have been invited to a virtual recruiting event on March.

From the email you got, do you think they're sending them out individually? Would you mind sharing the first letter of your last name?

Me on the same boat...just checked GC and it seems like they sent it to everyone/"diversity group"??

You are right. It seems like either a system-wide thank you note (way to rob it in on the rejs) or one meant for the "diversity group". Either way, a really odd email considering how they've gone radio silence for the past couple of months. Welp, at least this means that they are still working there. Hope we both get in and we can laugh about it later, haha.

You are right. It seems like either a system-wide thank you note (way to rob it in on the rejs) or one meant for the "diversity group". Either way, a really odd email considering how they've gone radio silence for the past couple of months. Welp, at least this means that they are still working there. Hope we both get in and we can laugh about it later, haha.

I did not receive this email, female/white for reference. I don't know if I should take that as a signal or I'm just not considered diverse.

So weird thing for Emory; I see that they've sent out a bunch of interview requests and a bunch of rejections and I've received neither. Should I contact the department?

Emory contacted me last week and arranged an interview in early March. Guess that they review candidates in batches and waves. Also quite confused about their mechanism.

Emory contacted me last week and arranged an interview in early March. Guess that they review candidates in batches and waves. Also quite confused about their mechanism.

I got an email mid-Feb, and had my interview last week. From what I gathered from the interview, they are spending 3-4 weeks interviewing students, and then sending out acceptances after. They also asked to be updated on other school acceptances - they might be trying to gage which students will actually accept if offered a spot at Emory.

I wonder if this is becoming more common? My interview with JHU came a few weeks after others posted interviews with them on gradcafe. Have an interview with Rice as well. Wasn't expecting that many tbh although I guess both those schools have done them for the past few years too.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic